1. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    #18181 inTerActionVRI, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Your tests are very good. I spent some early hours on this endeavor too.

Just an observation and complementation: I believe that I understood differently what @MSMG meant by:

"Avoid using both removal processes"

I think that using both processes to remove components from the same category or both processes to reinforce the removal of the same component, are the purposes of that speech.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. Only @MSMG can explain it better.

I didn't check item by item on your lists, but from what I saw, you didn't repeat removals of components on both lists, and I think this is very appropriate.

Note: the file DISM Template File "RemoveAppsList*.txt" would be equivalent to ToolkitHelper Template File "RemovePkgsList*.txt".

So, for DISM I saw that you used a lot of the Template File "FeaturesList*.txt", but I didn't check on the DISM Template File "RemovePkgsList*.txt".

2. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
  3. xCyBx

xCyBx MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Thanks my bro :cheers:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. unlocke

unlocke MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2014
    I don't want to interject too much into the proceedings, but firstly I want to thank MSMG. Also, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if/how I would go about setting up junctions to relocate folders before install? Basically, I want to move all the stuff that isn't part of the core OS onto another drive, primarily so that I could reinstall the OS without even thinking about it and all my stuff would be untouched (program files, user files etc).
    Could I mount everything using the Toolkit and make the changes and junctions on the mounted image? Would that then copy over to the actual installation? Or is the only real way to do it after installation?

5. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    #18185 ingviowarr, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    I leave here my previous experience about that:

There are two values should be assigned simultaneously for the same "DODownloadMode" parameter, but in different registry paths:

1.1) as a setting option (doesn't work in LTSC)
    Code:
    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config]

DODownloadMode = 0   [ Disabled ] Supported values: 0 , 1 , 3 
    1.2) as a Group policy
    Code:
    [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization]

DODownloadMode = 100 [ Bypass ] Supported values: 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 99 , 100 
    FYI:
    - Both parameters should / can be set, but for the LTSC only GPO will work.
    - Both parameters are not existing by default.

The most interesting values are:
    Code:
    0   = HTTP only, no peering.
    100 = Bypass mode. Do not use Delivery Optimization and use BITS instead.

6. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #18186 ingviowarr, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • CloudExperienceHost

CloudExperienceHost is a System App.
    Required for the first login and during the Security OOBE setup pass (Security screens and switchers).

In Windows 10 Enterprise, it's a component that helps you join the workplace environment or Azure AD using company provided credentials.
    Once you enroll your device, your organization will be able to manage your PC and collect information about you (including your location).
    It might add or remove apps or content, change settings, disable features, prevent you from removing your company account, or reset your PC.

CloudExperienceHost is a System App that really hard to remove PROPERLY (even in live OS).
    See CloudExperienceHost - Short Guide

• AppResolverUX

If you plan to install Apps in offline mode (e.g. using PowerShell / install UHD drivers) that will be absolutely impossible without AppResolverUX.
    To install Apps via PowerShell, you only need this one most important package.
    The main purpose of this package is to retrieve data on installed applications.

FIY (other): AppResolverUX interface used to ask how you want to open things (e.g links from the Mail app or Cortana) similar to "OpenWith.exe" for regular applications.

• Remote Services, WMI - be careful with these.

Some parts are closely tied with main Windows functionality (Remote Services - with Network services or WMI - with Windows Instrumentary).
    Better check twice these before removing.

Question:

Did you added your own (extra) components into the RemovePkgsList.txt (Dism) list ?
    If so, can you publish it as a text, to take a look?

P.S. And thanks for the sharing your testing experience.

7. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    @MSMG, had already mentioned that he would make the changes, in this post:
    But there are so many things to adjust that it must have gone unnoticed.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-772#post-1601408

Right to the point. This is the configuration that I leave in the CustomToolkit.
    Code:
               reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
               reg add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "100" /f >nul 2>&1
               reg add "HKLM\TK_DEFAULT\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "100" /f >nul 2>&1
               reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "100" /f >nul 2>&1

This contribution is very important. It was a very succinct summary.

8. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks, friend. I want to note, your changelogs have become much more concise too (and informative, as well) - fast and easy to read :good3:.

9. mhussain

mhussain MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2012
    hi all,
    how do I select all images in the .wim?
    it used to be *
    now it does not seemb to be the case in toolkit v 11.1?

Majid

10. _Corn_

_Corn_ MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2017
    Reporting a problem with windows mail app. Adding microsoft accounts (hotmail, live) don't work. Google mail works. Also account picture don't work. Tried manual remove, package list, no luck. The app itself runs just fine, only impossible to add ms accounts. Windows 20h2 19042 eng. Pro.

11. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    A

12. mhussain

mhussain MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2012
    hi,
    my thanks! :)

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hello our master for what I have observed you definitely abandoned the evolution of the toolkit for W8.1 systems at least is that what interests me in this way seems to be the same thing that M$FT is doing and forcing everyone to use some version of Windows 10 I will be wrong ? please wait for something thank you boss thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. ezgera

ezgera MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2019
  15. xCyBx

xCyBx MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2018
  16. ezgera

ezgera MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2019
    i don't see any special note about the 1709, am i missing something ?

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The issue is with Pre-Superfetch.reg, below is the correct value for setting the Prefetch or Superfetch.

Code:
    ; Disable Windows Prefetch and Super Prefetch
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
    "EnablePrefetcher"=dword:00000000
    "EnableSuperfetch"=dword:00000000

18. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Fixed.

19. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Did you remove AAD Broker Plugin and Content Delivery Manager?

20. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Other than component removal, Am I not updating the Toolkit's other features and packs to support Windows 7 or 8.1? Also did added the support for removal components using list method with template files.

If I had enough time and good health, would have been added the support for removing the Windows 7 or 8.1 components using ToolKitHelper method.