Multi-OEM/Retail Project {MRP} - Mk3

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by mxman2k, Oct 15, 2016.

1. JanCerny

JanCerny MDL Senior Member

Sep 13, 2012
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2542 mxman2k, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    (OP)
    The funny thing is i have not edited the '.reg'/'.theme' etc files themselves. Technically they should just be copied to the relevant registry sections regardless of Language... :g:

A log would of been useful as it would still be created and stop at the part where it failed at!

Have removed all locale 409 parts from the WMIC calls from within MRP and the QT now, so if there are glitches with non Latin characters/results then there is nothing i can do about it - for now.

This will probably be on the GPT/MBR routine, maybe the drive controller results too.

However i am working on something that 'talks' at a lower level than WMIC to obtain the Legacy{MBR} / UEFI{GPT} information. ;)

The Drive Controller results for other languages may take a bit longer so might not be shown correct in MRP 88.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2543 mxman2k, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    (OP)
    Well the new exe seems to work :), the real test will be in other Languages...:eek:

For those wondering what the debug log looks like here is an example, the A-Routine bit is the new test exe in action showing what results it finds. The other two after it are what WMIC returns, (for MBR in this test).

Code:
    ===============
    MRP Debug Log 1
    ===============

Variables:
    ----------
    OSName         : [Windows 10 Pro]
    OSVersion      : [Windows 10 Pro {48}]
    Edition {RWC}  : [Professional], [Professional], [Professional]
    BuildID {R}    : [17133]
    BuildID {V}    : [17133]
    RS4 Plus       : [Yes]

Lang/Code      : [en-GB / 2057 {0x809h}]

------------------------ Log Section 2 ------------------------
    Edition Chk    : [Professional] {Ed0}, [Professional] {Ed1}
    Edition Chk2   : [W2S = Professional]
    Pre Windows 10 : [No]

TitleBar Color : [Classic]
    HiLite Color   : [Default]
    AccentColor    : [4292311040]
    ColorizationCol: [3288365271]
    AccPalletColor : [86CAFF005FB2F2001E91EA000063B10000427500002D4F000020380000CC6A00]

Partition Information
    A-Routine Type : [MBR]
    A-Routine Mode : [Legacy]
    WMIC Type      : [Installable File System]
    WMIC Mode      : [MBR]
    SecureBoot     : [N/A]
    AO2 Flags      : [Primary = 0], [2A = 0], [2B = 0] [M2 = 0]
    StatusReason   : [0xC004F034] {Dec: 3221549108}
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Debug Log Complete.

I'am still working on that area. If the option is not set in the ConfigCreator/.ini then this log is NOT created. However due to its small size it might be wise to set the option so it is created then if any problems it can be posted. You can delete the file if all went well and no glitches.

Now using the Advert Block option (Windows 10) the StartMenu should now look something like what the picture attached looks like (when the computer was offline during OS installation), only the system tiles are present.

It may not be the same if the computer is online during installation, although a logout/reboot might clear them, they should be clear for any new users created.

Certainly looks better than loads of those ugly 'down arrow' tiles. :p

Note: No editing of any StartMenu XML file was done it is all purely done via Registry tweaks. ;)

Well its gone midnight here and been working on this for the past few hours.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Edited my previous 2 posts with some new information :)

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP v88 is coming together nicely, Internal Testing T4 stage reached and so far all OK. :)

As mentioned the locale 409 part has been removed from all the WMIC calls, (MRP88 and QT55), as it seems to 'lock' up on some non Latin character Languages probably due to the OS not having the 'English' equivalent wording present.

Because MRP v86 was working albeit with a few glitches with the language confusion, i reverted back some of the code and now with the new exe i wrote it should (hopefully) get the MBR/GPT part right as it uses a different method to get the results as a double check is done, if the WMIC results not return the English wording it will use the new detection program's information.

Debug Log is a bit more tidy and enhanced although it does look cryptic as it not designed to be pretty like the Project.log, it's for diagnosing certain variables.

The Query tool (v55) has been updated and in testing also.

As i have a bit of time spare i decided to get most of the work done for these new releases. Five solid hours the other day to write and get the new exe to work alone!

MRP and QT will also use the latest Gibson Research's InSpectre.exe (#8 at time of writing).

6. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    MRP is in Release Candidate stage 1 now.

The Startmenu tidy up (BlockAdverts option) confirmed to not install any 'extra' tiles even if the system is online during install (so far!) :D thanks @Enthousiast for testing.

The program i wrote that checks Legacy/UEFI and MBR/GPT is working, for now there will be still the two checks done.

IF it proves its worth on all languages then it will then take over the job of that routine on the next MRP's.

I am slowly fixing the language glitches, just takes a bit of time, (which is limited at moment). I cannot guarantee it is all sorted at the moment but some will just be cosmetic and not affect the end results.

The MBR/GPT was one that is also cosmetic, however i wanted to address that issue, fingers crossed this little exe will fix that finally. :)

Later today I will most likely upload a beta version of QTv55-T3 as it all seems to be fully working, but it be nice to see that on all languages the new exe actually works for the GPT/MBR issues before i make MRP Baseline. Plus it saves a complete install for you to test it on. :D

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  8. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    hehe saved me posting my logs for 88 RC1 :p

You can see the new exe in action if you look carefully at the BIOS/Boot mode area ;)

9. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2550 mxman2k, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    (OP)
    As promised here is the link and password etc for Query Tool v55.0-T4 (Test 4).

Deleted Link

This will be available for approximately 48Hours give or take time zone differences.

Please report any glitches, until results are in for this QT the MRP 88.0 will be on hold.

MRP 88.0 is complete, just need to see if the new program works via the QT properly on non Latin character set languages, technically it should as it uses numeric values which is parsed to words. :)

*edit*
    Updated some wording, also added Stone Group Server data now covers 2008-2016 (2.0->2.4 SLICs).

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Well one thing I can say is that MRP 88.0 RC1 certainly has been hammered with testing :p

12. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    If you mean:

1. How to add the project to your USB, (or ISO), the information is on the first post and in the read me files.
    --> Extract the $oem$ folder from the archive and put it into the 'Sources' folder of the USB/ISO. MRP will handle the branding etc. However activation other than SLIC/MSDM/HWID(Digital License), is up to the end user, either via legal key or KMS.

2. To create the actual Enterprise image/ISO to then transfer to a USB then this is not the thread/tool for that.
    --> There are threads on MDL on how to create Enterprise etc, as it beyond the scope of this project.

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi mxman2k new version same experimental works fine here dude, very good job thanks a lot Sir :):worthy:

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Actually, with 17133.1 and 17134.1 it could be done by putting a pid.txt with the enterprise key in.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  16. Boskorp

Boskorp MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2011
    Using M87.0BL version with default WinTel.cmd on Win10 Pro 1709 untouched - After installing suggested apps (games) got installed once Internet is present. Uninstalling doesn't help they reappear couple of minutes later, tried other tweaks also with no luck. They keep installing automatically. Same Win but couple mounts older MRP and WinTel - no such problems.

PS: Non-EN installation