Multi OEM/Retail Project

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    How about people not wanting anything to do with MS apps or online services?
    Do you think it's achievable for Win 7 (Not 10)
    If that's achievable, who is skillfull enough to write the codes of it? Who should I go begging?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Achievable, yes try another OS not windows :rolleyes:

3. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    I acknowledge your logic. I tried it and can't get used to Linux distributions, cant use menus that easily, they are also not gaming friendly.

Windows is like a long time friend who wronged you. So you want to get it right. Fix it.
    Do you think it's impossible?

4. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Again, Telemetry has been used since xp days, just more of it. The only thing I dont like about the new Telemetry is that is goes further then troubleshooting, for example, geo location. Now M$ looks at apps installed and browser history. All of which is invasion of privacy. There is no such thing as a secured computer. That is unrealistic and not possible. The only secured computer is one that doesnt go online. No telemetry and no hacking possible.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No not possible unless you disconnect from the internet period.

6. puffyduff

puffyduff MDL Member

Sep 22, 2016
    With all the things this rebel community achieved against Microsoft, it seemed possible for a moment :weep:

7. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2387 The_Guardian, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    (OP)
    I will look into the win10 enterprise issue then I will be dropping this project. I am going to let a friend take over it so I can apply my time to my studies. This is too time consuming and I dont have the time anymore. With M$ going in their direction, its best for someone who has more time to dedicate to this project to take it over. I pm'd him and waiting for his reply. Some dont understand the amount of time to fix and test all supported OS's and try to think of every variable. This requires time I dont have. o_O

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I think I can...at least comprehend...as much more I want to thank you for your huge contribution to MDL :worthy:
    It is very impressive what a few people here @MDL are doing voluntary for others. My deep respect and appreciation. All the best for your studies. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Respect

I understand as well. This is all done voluntary, and it seems like some people don't appreciate the time, effort, and work that goes into making these applications work with almost every setup known. This isn't their job, they have a REAL life just like the rest of us! That includes families, health, friends, job(s) and so forth. No one is asking for money, so please, give them a break.

I hope no one takes offense to my opinion because it wasn't intended to be offensive.
    Respectfully.....
    :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

10. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #2390 Smorgan, Sep 25, 2016
    Pretty sure I do as I have been working on a modular PowerShell version off and on. I understand the amount of time it takes to test multiple copies of Windows along with the resources required to make it happen. At one point I had 16 Virtual Machines going to make sure everything was functioning properly. I wish you the best of luck with your studies man. Knowing that I'd say do whats best for you. :D

We'll keep in touch ;)

11. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
  12. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2392 The_Guardian, Sep 25, 2016
    (OP)
    Seems BALTAGY was mix matching thus the problem with unsaved theme. He was only using the updated decompile.exe and oobe.cmd but the fix was within oem's.7z file, not the other files. In other words, he was mix matching updates. lol Not a project issue but an end user issue.

13. magicmarkus

magicmarkus MDL Novice

May 20, 2010
    Hello, at first sorry for my bad english...

ive a problem. i check my notebook with Query Tool. and the tool cant find the oem branch.
    because, my notebook is an asustech ROG laptop.

so i dont know, if i will make an oem windows 10 image, the installation will scan the bios key and install all in oem mode.

please help.

14. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2394 The_Guardian, Sep 25, 2016
    (OP)
    Can you please send me the query tool results.txt file? It has an option to save the txt file to any location. Run the query tool and save the results.txt file, upload some where and provide link then I will look at it. Might not be supported. If so then I need the info from the queries to check and included if not already included. Thanks for your feedback. :biggrin:

15. twiztidwolf

twiztidwolf MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks for all you have done, hope you will still be around and good luck. On the lock screen and KMS (legit) not a program or whatever I don't have any issues. So not sure on the cause but I thought I would try it at work on a university server. I have no need for KMS as I use OEM-DM or purchased keys. If I didn't activate it, it would revert the image but as long as it was activated I could restart all day no issues. Can't upload pics or links don't have enough posts

16. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2396 The_Guardian, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    (OP)
    Your saying if oem:Dm or retail (purchased key) image holds without issues no matter how many restarts? This is my conclusion as well. Seems kms "emulation" causes image to kick out of login background and lock screen. This holds true to what I have been saying all along. Activation is tied to personalization settings. Thanks for conformation and feedback.

17. magicmarkus

magicmarkus MDL Novice

May 20, 2010
    #2397 magicmarkus, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    i have the the result link. and blacked teh licens codes, but im not able to link this

because, i dont have the post counts to link anything

Code:
    OEM Query Tool v10 Build 1 Standard     06:26  18.09.2016  

OEM INFORMATION FOR THIS MACHINE 
    -------------------------------- 
     OS Name:     Windows 10 Home  [x64] 
     OS Version:  6.3.10586.589.amd64fre.th2_release.160906-1759 
     Processor:   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 
     Processor Cores:          [4]           Logical Processors:  [8] 
     Processor Architecture:   [AMD64] 
     HDD Partition Type:       [GPT-Secured Boot Enabled] 
     Bios Version:             [G751JY.211, 11/02/2015] 

SCANNED 
    ------- 
     #1 CSPRODUCT NAME       - G751JY 
     #2 COMPUTERSYSTEM MODEL - G751JY 
     #3 BASEBOARD PRODUCT    - G751JY 
     #4 CSPRODUCT VENDOR     - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. 
     #5 COMPUTERSYSTEM MFR   - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. 
     #6 BASEBOARD MFR        - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. 
     #7 SERIAL/SERV TAG      - SERIAL/SERV TAG 
     #8 BIOS ID              - _ASUS_ 
     #9 SLIC OA              - Un-Listed   
    #10 INSTALLED KEY        - INSTALLED KEY 
    #11 MSDM TABLE [OEM:DM]  - MSDM TABLE [OEM:DM] 
    #12 BIOS MODE            - UEFI 
    #13 CERTIFICATE          - Un-Listed 
    #13 LICENSE STATUS       - Licensed  

SUMMARY 
    ------- 
     THEME                   - ASUS [id:-`#4'] 
     ACTIVATION              - ASUS [id:-`#8'] 
     VALID [OEM OS]          - Win8.x/Win10 Only 

SLIC TABLE 
    ---------- 
    Un-Listed 

18. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2398 The_Guardian, Sep 26, 2016
    (OP)
    From the query tool it looks like you are good to go. Will brand as ASUS and will apply your oem:Dm key for activation. Try the project and let us know your end results. I see no problems from query tool results.

After looking at your specs online. It came with win8.1. Win10 upgrade should activate with win8.1 oem:Dm key but if it doesnt for some odd reason then include the retail.txt file to bypass activation within script so when online it will check updated to win10 activation status online and then activate. Win10 is suppose to activate with win8.1 oem:Dm key so you should not have to add retail.txt file but just in case keep this in mind. Let me know how it goes.

19. magicmarkus

magicmarkus MDL Novice

May 20, 2010

sorry id doesnt work.

after i start my notebook with the created oem disk. from microsoft mediacreation tool and made chances with ei.cfg -> for OEM installation and place the OEM folder in the source dir... i get an message from installation.
    "it seams a upgrade is startinga nd you start from an installation drive. remove installation drive and click yes to continu the upgrade or press no to start the installation."
    i press no... installation uefi starts.

after teh choose of language and so i press install windows. and now....
    "the productkey for the image is wrong. please type in an new productkey"

but the setup starts from beginning with choose of language

20. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2400 The_Guardian, Sep 26, 2016
    (OP)
    Have you installed win 10 before the upgrade promotion ended? If not then that is why and you will need to look into the win10 thread and search for trick to still get upgrade to win10 and activated by retail online M$ servers (HWID activation). The promotion is over but I read there is a lil trick to still get it. Once activated online then you can do fresh install and when done at desktop it will show activated.

As per M$ the anniversary build (1607) should activate by a win8.1 oem:Dm key for win10 anniversary build as long as oem:Dm key matches version but this has not been confirmed by anyone yet.

Note: oobe mode doesnt run if doing install from desktop (upgrade) because it gathers info already installed including apps. This project is intended for fresh installs, not upgrades from desktop.