Need help choosing between iPad/Android/Windows 7 Slate

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by AnarethoS, Jan 24, 2012.

1. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi everyone!

As the subject tells it, I need help choosing between an iPad 2, an Asus EEE Transformer (or other Android device) and between a Windows 7 slate.

I ust say that the only "Tablet" I used was an HP TC1000 (Windows XP Tablet Edition) thats wasn't touch screen but used a pen.

I need a device for the following :
    - Watch movie on the go
    - Read book
    - Write/Modify Word-Excel-PowerPoint file
    - Support Microsoft Exchange
    - Can read PDF
    - Can play music
    - Can read books (epub)
    - Can be connected to a TV via HDMI
    - Can be used to copy the content of my digital camera while in vacation (to use the tablet as a backup and send pictures via the Net)
    - Does not need 3G/4G
    - Support keyboard, either BlueTooth or via USB or Docking station
    - Can be used with a pen to anote document (pdf, etc.) and support taking note and convert hand-writing to text (meeting, etc.)
    - Has a good battery life (at least 4h)

Due to my "handwritting" requirement, I suppose that a W7 slate is the way to go, except if an capacitive stylus is good for handwritting?

For Android, I am thinking about the Asus EEE Transformer (not the PRIME) as it will have ICS next month and it doesn't have a locked bootloader. For W7, I am thinking about the HP Slate 2 or Asus EP121.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :biggrin5:Get the best hardware for you money with Android on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  4. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    I went for an used HP Slate 500 and I love it. Have it since May (complety forgot about this thread, sorry for the lack of updates).

Handwritting is really nice and I use OneNote for nearly everything.

5. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Android will always be the choice :)