New 'thanks/like' system how to...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by apex2000, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The bug has been reported to the developer.
    ATM when not logged in thanks / like lists are not visible. I'll change that again next days...can compare server loads since we have a lot of unregistered visitors..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I think better to remove thanks and leave like and apply it to threads only.

4. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Noticed the thank and like bar is now integrated into the same bar as the rest now as per my suggestion on the last page - I really really appreciate that and it looks normal now.

Thanks!

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    If there was only going to be one system then it should be the other way IMO.

Reason:
    The thanks are also something we don't want to lose since that's been around for a while and it works perfectly. It'd be pointless to start things over with likes.

Currently Yen's view on this is that most of the software posted here people thank for, but in other areas of the website (e.g. the music thread) you may want to "like" a music video instead. You can't do both though as that's a cheap way to push up thanks/likes much quicker.

If things were up to me I'd disable likes in every forum section apart from chit chat.

6. Chriseric

Chriseric MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2014
    I like the new system

7. FlashHurricane

FlashHurricane MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2014
    Great i will try it

8. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Dear Admin, All the comment as your input, but the choices and decision is yours