No activation possible, no softmod solution, no biosmod, what now?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Yen, Jul 27, 2008.

1. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    wait just a little we are finalizing the last patch

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #502 Yen, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    #503 offon7544, Nov 12, 2008
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #504 Yen, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    (OP)
    Thank you.

When I exchange IO.SYS and command.com using those of the XP start floppy, WoW doesn't work anymore...must be windows 98:confused:

Will do more tests before I'll release next update of WoW installer.

Edit: When I use config.sys instead of autoexec.bat, no command.com is needed. (Thanks to frwil.)

If I exchange IO.SYS (WIN98) with IO.SYS (winXP), grub doesn't execute WoW!

So best solution: Delete command.com, delete autoexec.bat, use config.sys to load wow.exe and grub.exe. Also delete msdos.sys, it's not needed.

Added new versions, check first post of sticky thread!

5. bibo

bibo MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2008
    HP Compaq 6820s

Hi, I read many posts here and get lost...

I have Windows Vista Ultimate on HP Compaq 6820s.
    I want to install SP1 and activated.
    What to do?

Thanx.. :D

6. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth MDL Junior Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Windows Server 2008 key / patch?

Hi Yen!

This is Apoorva back again! :) How are you doing? How'z things with Wow?

Well, I see many improvements out here with latest releases of Wow patch after I last visited & downloaded Wow 1.04 patch and my Vista Ultimate SP1 is still activated without issues and can also obtain all the updates from Microsoft Windows Update on my HP 530 Notebook.

However, this time, my purpose of visit to this thread is for something else.
    Recently, I got my WDC 250 SATA II HDD replaced and now this new HDD is completely clean and new. This time, I wouldn’t go with XP or Vista either but would like to install Windows Server 2008 Enterprise so that I can learn something much more from this new OS.

I understand that this is not the right Thread to discuss about Windows Server Enterprise 2008 but kindly accept my apologies for the same. I need the CD key very badly as my new replaced WDC HDD needs to be setup.

I downloaded copy of Windows Server 2008 thinking that a patch or activation workaround might be included but no! Its just a plain simple setup ISO file and I did try checking that in VMWare but further, to worsen my situation, this copy of Windows Server 2008 immediately shows as expired upon my first login (after the installation of OS) and asks to enter a valid product key and activate the OS.

I have also downloaded and kept a copy of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 from the Microsoft's website. Microsoft says that to extend the Windows Server 2008 evaluation period, I can make use of rearm option wherein the final evaluation can be extended uptill 240 days. So, those 240 days are pretty much good enough for me but I am more interested in seeing: “Windows is activated…”

So Yen, you need to help me get out of this situation please. Can’t we have a Wow patch just as it was for my HP 530? This time, the OS installation will be on my desktop only and not notebook. Therefore, kindly let me know if you require my PC configuration or any BIOS report. I use Asrock 945G DVI motherboard, Pentium Dual Core - 3 Ghz, 2GB DDR2 RAM etc…

Regards,
    Apoorva.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #507 Yen, Nov 18, 2008
    (OP)
  8. Friguletz

Friguletz MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2008
    Finally

Finally someone that can help me with the activision of Vista x64!!!
    I have a HP Compaq 6715s and i can't activat it...!!!
    hope that someone will reply!!! PLS HELP!!!

if it's possoble can u send my a mail? frigu_2004@yahoo.com

10x a lot!! :)

9. vi_nuoc_quen_than

vi_nuoc_quen_than MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2008
    HP 520 FH565AA without SLIC Table

Hi! I am new here and my english is poor :(
    I have HP520 FH565AA and i want YEN to help me :D:
    I want to active my windows vista ultimate in my Laptop. Can you help me?
    Does your way work in HP520 FH565AA without SLIC Table.
    If you want *.ats file I am going to Upload later.
    Thank for read !

10. Hagen

Hagen MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2008
    Hello everyone again. I'm still very grateful for what U did. my vista is still active with WoW5.2.1, and that "patch" working on vista x86, x64 and my question is, if that WoW 5.2.1 will be working on windows 7??

i have beta windows 7, but i don't instaling it on my laptop, because i'm afraid, if Your patch still be working on this system.

please, tell me.

one more thx for Your hard work, You're my Idols :]

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We don't know how M$ will create the OEM licensing at win7. At current versions you may apply a certificate. No one knows if they just create new SLIC data and new keys or create a completely different licensing algorithm.....there are no royalty OEM keys known......
    There is no SLP activation possible at win7 beta since there never will be a preinstalled beta license of it..... we have to wait for RTM version.....

12. Hagen

Hagen MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2008
    ok.... so I'll be wait patient.... thx U Yen....

13. anti_user

anti_user MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2008
  14. pandyskoteka

pandyskoteka MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2009
    hi there!
    At start i have to apologize for my english.
    I have MSI laptop Ex625 and i cant activate my win vista, I installed WoW and then Win doesn't work, When it starts i have message: GRUB4DOS 0.4.3 2008-05-07, MEMORY: 612K / 3070M, CODEEND: 0X419B0 [Minimal Bash-like line editing is supported. rest...]
    How can i activate vista, i used many cracks and they didn't work /;
    help me

15. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth MDL Junior Member

Jul 25, 2008
    #515 apoorvasheth, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    Why WOw 7 text still not invisible?

Dear Yen,

Hi There! How are you doing? Well, I haven't been seeing you around from quiet long time. Have you left this forum? I have many queries to ask you...

Now, here's what I would like to ask at the moment:

Even after so many releases of Wow, I am surprised to notice that the startup text of WoW7.0.1_NOMBR_HP is still visible! I wonder why it's colour hasn't been changed to black to make it invisible at startup and thereby making the system look decent during the startup when the patch applies and overall, my laptop or a desktop with Vista installed & Wow patched applied would make it look good for anybody sitting next to the system or the one using it, you se....

So, could this WoW7.0.1_NOMBR_HP.exe be updated with the startup text colour being changed to "Black" from current "White"?

Update:
    And Yes, this WoW7.0.1_NOMBR_HP.exe has successfully activated Windows Vista SP2 on my desktop computer!!!! So, it not only works or is designed for HP laptop but works on a Desktop PC as well and mine is NOT a Branded but an Assembled one!!!! My motherboard is Asrock 945G-DVI.

Regards,
    Apoorva.