NSA vs Microsoft

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Amanda_L, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Amanda_L

Amanda_L MDL Junior Member

Feb 9, 2013
    #1 Amanda_L, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    I hear a lot about NSA_KEY; NSA backdoors on Windows and etc.
    Does anyone have proof about this?

2. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Here you go

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    One has to assume that IT products and communication hardware has to meet special 'conditions' which are claimed by the secret services. The NSA is not special in this regard.

It has started with that phone tapping must be possible at any phone (hardware requirement)...it also affects encrypting technology...I have heard that the NSA scans for public PGP keys and records a profile of the user, probably because they know that it is still safe---->one becomes suspicious when using secure measures....

The sad thing is that one cannot trust those companies anymore. For instance if you use software which encrypts your personal data; can one know that there isn't a backdoor which makes it possible for the secret services to decrypt it anyway??? Windows drive encryption? Lol!

If you want to have most of privacy you have no other way than to use open source soft (for instance ubuntu). There is 'nobody' who owns code, the sources are available and hence no own interests and 'agreements'...if you are using M$, Apple or google or facebook products you have the backdoors with them...to those companies you are not a customer, you are a product to be sold!!!!
    Check who is involved and avoid their products. There are also positive examples....and good products.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Unfortunately I grew up on Windows OS's and its what I know how to use the most of. Dabbled with Linux here and there but just haven't become as proficient with it as I have with Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    I personally got no problem with these backdoors for NSA. I have nothing to hide.. like I don't got a document on my Surface titled "Bomb plan USA"..
    For me is the best privacy a computer without wireless and without a network card.

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
  7. markede

markede MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    OK I will surely watch this. Thanks for such a nice stuff.In addition Windows OS's is not so much difficult comparatively.

8. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    That (should) raise very good questions in minds of everyones mind.

Me? I'm not willing to give up my privacy, even while "I've got nothing to hide". Anyone suggesting me that I should not care, I ask their bank/CC card numbers with verification codes. It's funny how quickly they either say "it's a different thing" or change their minds!