OA 3.0 (OEM Activation 3.0)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Kalliedog, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Kalliedog

Kalliedog MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
  2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    The less responsibility that employee has, the easier it'll get for us :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  5. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    The 3 weaknesses of MS are OEM activation, KMS activation and rearm. As long as these exist, the lock will eventually get broken. WAT can only detect molested files.

6. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
  7. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    I wish there was a OEM version of Office :rolleyes:

Delving into OSPPC.DLL, OSPPREARM.EXE, OSPPWMI.DLL, etc, would be great, but not so easy (not for me at least)

8. Win-World

Win-World MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2011
    #8 Win-World, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    TAIPEI, TAIWAN, JUNE 29, 2011
    Insyde® Software Brings UEFI BIOS to TI’s OMAP™ Platform Supporting Microsoft’s Next Version of Windows

hxxp://wxw.insydesw.com/press_news/press-releases/insyde%C2%AE-software-brings-uefi-bios-ti%E2%80%99s-omap%E2%84%A2-platform-supporting-microsoft

OA3:
    so all x86 work with normal BIOS
    x64 and ARM needs UEFI BIOS ("Instant-On")

Source of my INFO: btw. UEFI, BIOS, x86, OA3
    Aven Chuang, Insyde® Software,
    Microsoft Michael Angiulo,
    Texas Instruments,
    Roland Quandt,
    u.a.

Yen, send you pm!

Insyde Software has announced the delivery of UEFI BIOS and engineering services to customers designing ultra-thin laptops, tablets and mobile internet devices based on the ARM-based OMAP 4 platform from Texas Instruments (TI).

Insyde said it will ensure that InsydeH2O has complete support for the OMAP platform features, complies with the most current UEFI specifications , and offers customers the ability to easily customize their OMAP firmware for product differentiation.

Insyde indicated that earlier this month at the Computex Taipei trade event, Microsoft disclosed details of the next version of Windows code-named "Windows 8." Among this disclosure, Michael Angiulo, corporate vice president of the Planning, Hardware and PC Ecosystem team at Microsoft stated that UEFI is an important area of engagement for the next-version Windows, as it represents a major shift in the direction for all PCs and is required on ARM.

"TI's OMAP platform is relied upon to deliver superior user experiences. As consumers shift to tablets and ultrathin laptops for their mobile computing needs, they expect that instant-on access they've come to love on their smartphones to shift with them. The introduction of Insyde Software's UEFI technology enables the OMAP platform to meet that expectation," said Deepu Talla, general manager, OMAP mobile computing, wireless business unit, TI.

"Combining the OMAP platform's high-performance and ultra-low power consumption with InsydeH2O's stability and robust feature set gives our mutual mobile computing customers new levels of design opportunity and innovation potential, all with a software development environment with which they are already familiar," said Aven Chuang, SVP and GM, Personal Computing Group, Insyde.

So that Windows can be used at all eight on systems with ARM processors, be given the UEFI support needs, according to Microsoft. For x86 platforms, however, also be used on systems with a normal BIOS will be possible.

ect..... :D

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Errmm,

this article is just advertising from Insyde.

-No word about OA3.0 (..off topic)
    -x64 and ARM needs UEFI?

Please explain why you are stating that. o_O

I have the feeling that you have read another article lol...or did I miss something?
    Could you elaborate your post, please?
    Thanks.....

10. mypro

mypro MDL Novice

May 3, 2014
    oem activation tool 3.0 download link?

11. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    No such tool exists :fishing1:

12. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  13. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    @Tito:
    Oops, sorry. My bad :(

I thought, he is asking tool such as Windows Loader.

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's just limited to intel Hardware!

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    No problem for me! But it would be better to mention the limits too, pointing out there there maybe other developers/manufacturers having similar apps available as well. Special hardware limit apps, should have the limitation described.

On the other boards where I'm Admin and Mod, special on the Android board, we had a lot 'crazy' discussion about the missing (not mentioned) limitations. We got that working to teach the staff (and the members also) by providing (download) Links to provide the limitation too if there were any, special hardware related. Had ease or 'work' quite a bit!

17. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Can I ask what the point of these tools are? Even if you do inject a OA3 table, what good is it without a OA3 key?
    As far as I can see, you can't re-use these keys. They are all reported to MS server with hardware hash which is tied to the mainboard.
    Reading docs you need uefi bios & a nic. So the Hash must be linked to the mac address in some way.

Am I wrong??