OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    I want to let you knwo that I switched my DNS to CloudFlare yesterday. This can explain some difficulties to reach my web site for a few hour.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    @AnarethoS : thank you, i was able to use the script successfully, i managed to make it work few days ago, i followed all the instructions that are described in the documentation and it worked well, i first installed win7 version in audit mode (3 partitions were successfully installed with the capacity that was integrated in the script ), then i installed all necessary application that i needed then run the script. All went well, capture image was done and i was able next to use the recovery option from winre menu to reinstall the windows version without loosing applcations and files. Indeed it works as OEM recovey partition as the one that is available when you buy pc with pre installed windows on it. So i can say that It worked like a charm.

Thank you again for that great script, you did really great job my friend, keep it up.

3. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    @AnarethoS : hi again,

tell me, i would like to understand something in the documentation about win8/win8.1, you say that you need to copy all these 4 files (BOOT, EFI, BOOTMGR, and BOOTMGR.EFI) to \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot but the thing is that when you go to required files folder for win8, you notice that these files are present in 2 folders called Boot - AMD64 and Boot - X86 but you didn't specify from which of these both folders you have to take these files then paste them in the right location namely \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot

The problem is that you can't copy all these files from both folders (Boot - AMD64 and Boot - X86) to \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot because the first files that are going to be copied then pasted from one of both folders (Boot - AMD64) to \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot will be overwritten by the next files that you will copy and past from the second folder (Boot - X86) to \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot

so since you didn't specify this, so i suppose that you will have to choose from which folder you have to take these files according to your needs so :

if you choose to install win8.1 32 bit, in that case you need to copy the files that are present in the folder called Boot - X86 then paste them to
    \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot
    and if you choose to install win8.1 64 bit, in that case you need to copy the files that are present in the folder called Boot - AMD64 then paste them to
    \Windows 8\Windows 8 Recovery Tools\Boot

am i right about this or am i missing something ?

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Obviously yes, if you're setup is 32Bit its x86 and amd64 for 64Bit setup.

5. jaouharazaid

jaouharazaid MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2017
  6. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    You must choose the X64 folder on 64 bits installation and the X86 folder for 32bits instalation.

So you are right.

Sory for my lack of response. I was on vacation and probably took too much Cuba Libre (rhum and coke).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    #2947 mehdibleu, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    ok but to avoid to choose which architecture to put in the boot folder, you can put both architecture (x86 and x64) at the same time in the boot folder by creating 2 subfolders (x86 and amd64) into boot folder and this way you will be able to put 4 files of x86 archtirecture into x86 boot subfolder and put 4 files of x64 architrcture into amd64 boot subfolder as you did for windows 10. It's easier and more practical to do it this way, don't you agree ?

8. sciblue

sciblue MDL Novice

May 31, 2017
    I am having some trouble with the software. I am getting an pop up error message "this app can't run on your PC " when scanstate is trying to capture the installed software. There are no logs generate in C:\Recovery\OEM\Logs. I am using a custom window 10 CU image using msmg toolkit. I am testing the software in vmware fusion pro(workstation).

sysprep_scanstate-apps.png
    scanstate_error.png

9. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    And a clean ISO works?

10. sciblue

sciblue MDL Novice

May 31, 2017
    Tried with a clean windows 10 ISO and same error when running the sysprep.cmd.

11. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    which win10 version did you install ?
    if i'm correct, you need the scanstate file that correspond to your windows 10 version, otherwise you will get errors.
    if i'm correct, the scanstate file on first page correspond to win10 15063 (1703, creators update) version so if you use it on another win10 version it won't work and it seems that this is what happens in your case.

12. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Are you in Audit mode when you start the process? That cmd prompt doesn't look like it's running as Administrator.

@mehdibleu , the scanstate version doesn't matter...

13. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
  14. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Yes he got the updated ver but the old ver still worked.
    With the old ver you had to set "Windows-Defender-AM-Sigs", "Windows-Defender-AM-Engine" and "Security-Malware-Windows-Defender" to "No" for Migration. With the new you don't.

15. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    @sciblue :

make sure to be in audit mode while starting the process as @Flipp3r mentionned, otherwise it won't work.
    Also make sure to follow carefully the instructions in the documentation that is available on first page (copy both scanstate files (x86 and x64) to the right folders and at the end don't forget to copy both files ("ResetConfig.xml” and “ReCreatePartitions.txt”) to “C:\Recovery\OEM”

There are members who managed to make this work for win10 so there is no reason that this wouldn't work for you, again you just have to follow the instructions in the documentation and it should work.

I personnally managed to make it work for windows 7 , i haven't tested yet for win10 but the procedure is the same.

Please let us know if you have managed to make it work.

16. sciblue

sciblue MDL Novice

May 31, 2017

I finally was able to get the software tools to work with a clean and custom windows 10 1703. I re-download the tools, extracted them using 7zip. Everything is working like it should. Thanks everyone for your the help.

17. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    Glad to hear that you finally managed to make it work.
    Could you please specify what you did to make it work and what you missed to do last time to make it work so that everyone can take advantage of it if someone has the same problem later ?
    did it have something to do with the iso that you used ? or maybe did you forget the firs time to add needed files to the right place ?

18. sciblue

sciblue MDL Novice

May 31, 2017
    Sorry for the late reply. When I first download the recoverytools it was in exe file. I ran the installer, the files were extract in there own folder, i.e. windows 7, 8, 10, etc. and extracted the windows ISO to a flash drive. Somewhere down the line some file got corrupted either the windows ISO or the tools.

Using 7zip I extracted the windows ISO to a flash drive and recoverytools exe, which put the files in one folder called RecoveryTools4.0.7. From there correctly forward the instructions. So far everything is working like it should.

19. bigo229

bigo229 MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2017
    I am having an issue after install & completion of OEM Recovery Partition Creator when running recovery tools with either computer backup for media creation or computer repair full recovery i get the following error when it starts to mount recovery partition

An Error occured Process aborted

has anyone seen the error or can help??

Using on
    Hp laptop with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit (Amd athlon dual core processor)

20. Asterix4you

Asterix4you MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2017
    ScanState return code: 29
    Running Sysprep
    ERROR: The process "SYSPREP.EXE" not found.
    ERROR: The process "WMPNETWK.EXE" not found.

Any one knows how to fix this.

Windows 10 Pro x64