ok now windows 7 is activited

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by arabmed, Jul 28, 2009.

1. arabmed

arabmed MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    its only test

we tray only tel windows 7 cer becom avalebale

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    #22 EclipseSin, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    hmm. I modified BIOS, slic 2.1 shows in hwdirect, used dell cert, tried to activate. Says BIOS is missing license file. Lol. awardtool either doesnt work on my bios, or something did not work correctly. I'll try different SLIC.

Ok. Seems it didnt install dell cert first time even though it said successful. Anyways... It says activated, winver still has timebomb, -dlv does not show it now though, and sorry to say but, going to control panel gives me a not genuine message.

Also have the not genuine popup when logging in soo.. Either I did something wrong, or this just doesn't work well. I believe the reason this even works at all is because when you run -rilc it installs the Vista licensing files, so when you install the cert. to match your slic, it says its valid (obviously if it matches SLIC), then when you enter your PID it checks through pkeyconfig, the tokens, and the license files.

Messing with some other crap now.

3. jdrom17

jdrom17 MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2007
    The fact that Tinker and other Vista Ultimate Extras show up makes it clear that Windows Update believes it's a Vista machine.

Sure, it'll be fine for now, but I highly doubt you'll get the security patches for Windows 7 when the time comes.

Best to leave it unactivated and just re-arm it a day before 30 days. Until a proper way is discovered of course.

4. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    YEN,
    where are you,,this thread should be closed..becasue fake .

5. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    @Rasso

I wouldn't call it fake, but rather, a workaround that will work for now til M$ updates other stuff. Like I said, I could have done something wrong. The time bomb may be removed in winver if I do it correctly. I started with an already RC activated (i will be reinstalling before 30 days anyways), and no original pkeyconfig or token file so... yah.

The system just think it's Vista. Which is fine, cause it's still Windows 7.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This is interesting. I want to do some tests when I'm back at home. I'll test that with WoW7 to change my SLIC to dell2.1 since I don't want to mod my bios to Dell...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Well, I already modified my BIOS. I'm going to do a fresh install here momentarily to try this. already prepaired the files needed. Anything you want me to do before you get to it?

8. keyra

keyra MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2008
    exactly what i was going to say

9. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #30 HotCarl, Jul 28, 2009
    I just want to know why it says that you have 2 rearms left in your system info under "License Status: Licensed"... it says "Remaining windows rearm count: 2"... Looks sketchy to me....

10. keyra

keyra MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2008
    cuz he did the same thing as i did, trying to rearm :D

11. arabmed

arabmed MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    #32 arabmed, Jul 28, 2009
    (OP)
    before it i tray another thing and i rearm my windows

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #33 HotCarl, Jul 28, 2009
    Yes, but if Win7 is truly activated, that should never show up.... I have never noticed that when running Vista licensed legit... How can you have rearms for a supposedly licensed OS...there should be no trial rearms...should not even show that...

13. arabmed

arabmed MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #35 Yen, Jul 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #36 HotCarl, Jul 28, 2009
    I understand that, but you are missing my point... That rearm text should not be there if the OS is really activated...no matter what, that is why I am very very skeptical, and would be surprised if it stayed active for more than 30 days... You can run windows update on an unactivated copy of windows (during the trial period), so just because you can run windows update means nothing...as your copy of windows may still be in trial mode, and since you mixed files from different versions, it could just be inaccurately reporting activation... As I said, looks very very suspicious...

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  17. meowie

meowie MDL Junior Member

Jul 12, 2009
    I have oem untouched final .

With freash installed 2.1 slic (tested in windows vista and worked)

But it says key is invalid when i try to use that key (one i used in vista)

This is a clean install tho not ugprade

If retail instead of oem makes a difference i can install it since have it on dvd as well

18. timebandit

timebandit MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009