Optimize-Offline Guide - Windows Debloating Tool, Windows 1803, 1903, 19H2, 1909, 20H1 and LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KedarWolf, Jul 30, 2019.

1. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    I had to login under Settings/Account then I was logged in to Windows Store.

And search this thread my username. I had a post which apps to keep for full Windows Store functionality.

2. thespian1650

thespian1650 MDL Novice

Jul 9, 2022
    how to automate the selected edition of the iso

3. gdeliana

gdeliana MDL Senior Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Hello there, i was reading your issues, so .. in other words, login in MS store doesn't work. As far as i remember, this component should be crucial for Store login to work: Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin

Let me know if it solves the problem. If not.. sure i will investigate further.

4. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    Script is in the root folder :)

5. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    @gdeliana

Did you see my post about the Defender, Bio Enrollment, Xbox apps and Content Delivery Manager removal tweaks being applied even if the Xbox apps, Defender etc. are not removed?

It breaks my GameBar which I need for my 7950X3D. My PowerShell skills are very basic and I don't know how to fix it myself. :(

6. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    Newest commit, Windows 11 without OO, as I can't have GameBar broken.

@gdeliana

Code:
    Exporting media from "22623.1325.230210-1157.NI_RELEASE_SVC_BETAFLT_PROD1_CLIENTIOTENTERPRISE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO"
    Copy-Item :
    At D:\Optimize-Offline-master (4)\Optimize-Offline-master\Optimize-Offline.psm1:201 char:6
    + ...                Copy-Item -Path $Item.FullName -Destination $ISOExport
    +                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Copy-Item], DirectoryNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand

Finished

7. ccc1522

ccc1522 MDL Junior Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Where does it put the newly created ISO? Used the GUI and love the tabs and how it works, but can't quite figure it out yet. Trying to modify Windows 11 22H2 Enterprise Feb updated

8. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    #2189 gdeliana, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    By default the ISOS, are in the newly created subfolders in the root folder of the tool

/Optimize-Offline_[DATE TIME]

9. KartWheel

KartWheel MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2016
    @gdeliana

I've been trying out your GUI version of Optimize Offline lately, it's very impressive work you've put into the interface! The filtering on each tab is very useful.
    However, the "custom registry" tab doesn't have any information at all about how to use it or any example code :( I've gone through the source code on github trying to figure out what kind of code it accepts.
    What I want to do is integrate some of Freddie-o's Disable Windows 10 Telemetry registry tweaks here. All of the code is windows batch script that adds or deletes registry keys. But I noticed that the code
    Offline Optimize expects for the custom registry files is classic .reg registry files.

Should I convert all of those batch script commands into registry syntax to paste into the "custom registry tab?
    Also, is the code put into the "custom registry" tab applied to the image in offline mode? Or would it be easier to have a separate .reg file for this?

10. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    Hello there,

Very true, i will try to add some more useful description to the readme file in the future.

In the custom registry file, you need to input windows registry hives in a key, value format. It doesn't accept scripting/programming languages such batch scripts or powershell scripts.

I can try to extract the reg lines from your script though :)

11. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    New release OO-gdeliana-7.3
    Changelog:
    - synced fork to OO-4.0.1.10 changes
    - [GUI] added cancel processing button
    - added default unattend.xml
    - added Remove_Failure_MountDir script
    - added case insensitive GUI listype detection
    - Update Test-Requirements.ps1 to support W11

12. KartWheel

KartWheel MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2016
    Thanks!

Ah, so standard .reg files then.

I wish you luck extracting those! It's about 400 lines or so. I've tried with some AHK script,but it hasn't worked very well yet.

13. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    I tried the script in my pc and all the keys were not found?? Also it needs some special program to execute as trusted installer, i will try maybe next weekend, seems that it needs to be analyzed properly.

14. KartWheel

KartWheel MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2016
    :D Like Optimize Offline it's meant to be run offline, on an extracted .Wim file from the ISO. A lot of the registry keys and settings have to get modified as a trusted installer, otherwise it doesn't work.

The original "run_as_trusted_installer.cmd" is hard coded to run only "disable_telemetry.cmd", but it's much easier to use like this, where you can just drag any script or file on to it:

Code:
    @echo off
    pushd "%~dp0"
    "%~dp0PowerRun_x64.exe" "%~1"
    The main script removes Windows Update, which makes it more of a pain to install things like dotNET. But I'm still a n00b and this isn't my script. Still learning what I need to keep or toss by testing out on a VM.

15. strotee

strotee MDL Member

Jan 30, 2011
    #2196 strotee, Mar 27, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    @gdeliana
    Have you looked through wkeller's Slimdown10 project? There are several registry enhancements which may want to be added into OO.

16. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
  17. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    Thanks for the realistic feedback, i am trying my best from my side to dedicate the time to the project, but i am also limited in my time. If you want to collaborate in the project i can make you a collaborator in the github repo and you can freely support the project with all your ideas :) Same would say to anyone here, who has the skills and the time to dedicate to the project. I believe that there are many people here that have deep knowledge in windows.

And also for the ones that are not able to make it in github, you can always post here any change that you want or that you observed.

As well feel free to fork my fork and make your own with your changes :p

18. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    @gdeliana

128GB USB, UEFI option, tried with it formatted GPT, Large FAT32 in RUFUS, and with it cleaned in Diskpart, same error.

Running the GUI as Trusted Installer.

The same ISO burns just fine with RUFUS.

Code:
    Index     : 0
    Exception : ScriptHalted
    Category  : OperationStopped: (:) [], RuntimeException
    ErrorID   : ScriptHalted
    Target    :
    Command   : Throw $Error[0]
    Script    : E:\Optimize-Offline\Optimize-Offline\Src\Public\Write-USB.ps1
    Line      : 129
    Column    : 3

Index     : 1
    Exception : There is not enough space on the disk.

Category  : NotSpecified: (:) [Copy-Item], IOException
    ErrorID   : System.IO.IOException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand
    Target    :
    Command   : Copy-Item -Path "$Source\sources\boot.wim" -Destination "$($USBUEFIVolume.DriveLetter):\sources"
    Script    : E:\Optimize-Offline\Optimize-Offline\Src\Public\Write-USB.ps1
    Line      : 83
    Column    : 4

19. gdeliana

Oct 2, 2010
    Can you give me the file sizes of install.wim and boot.wim? Also the iso size in total?