Optimize-Offline Guide - Windows Debloating Tool, Windows 1803, 1903, 19H2, 1909, 20H1 and LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KedarWolf, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Uky

Uky MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Awsome Tool!

:D

2. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    that's the immersive search bar - needs disabling

3. Heimnetz

Heimnetz MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2014
    #688 Heimnetz, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Is there any possibility to tell the "Win10\Optimize-Offline Tool" which WindowsApps,SystemApps,
    Capabilities,Features etc. uninstalls or enables or disables
    should become, example via Configuration.json or a *.ini file,
    how Out-GridView also outputs???
    Sorry for my english
    German (Deutsch)
    Besteht irgendwie eine möglichkeit dem "Win10\Optimize-Offline Tool" mitzugeben welche WindowsApps,SystemApps,Capabilities,Features etc. deinstallert bzw. aktiviert oder deaktiviert
    werden sollen, zum beispiel.via Configuration.json oder einer *.ini Datei,
    wie sie Out-GridView auch ausgibt???

And another question, where do you have to edit the "install.wim" at the end of the powershell script
    with "maximum" immediately.

Thanks for feedback.

4. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    Presumably you mean - automating the whole process as much as possible...
    Check the end of this (my) post for links to some helpful stuff including automate system apps removal.

from line 1818 Optimize-Offline.psm1 covers the option, you should be able to alter the code to get your desired result
    ... the solution was posted (by @spanishfly) here once, but seems to have been removed.. will see if I can find my copy for you

5. Pillendreher

Pillendreher MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2013
    Thanks, that was it!

6. slackdaddy

slackdaddy MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    Currently, I’m using LTSC (a legitimate license purchased along with a volume license). I really like LTSC, but I’ve considered going back to Professional for when I purchase newer hardware. What I’m wondering is - exactly which features/applications would I need to disable/remove using optimize-offline in order to most closely mimic a bone-stock LTSC installation? I have a feeling that I’ll probably buy a new workstation before the LTSC 2021 release. I’m a DJ/producer, and LTSC has been the perfect production appliance since it isn’t always changing, breaking, and interrupting work flow. I’m the odd case where I’m using some older Windows apps that are no longer supported or developed, so I prefer Windows over MacOS for compatibility without virtualization. I’m technical enough to make me dangerous, but haven’t worked in IT for nearly a decade now.

7. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    Microsoft Store Paid Apps Not Installing After Running Set-Additional.cmd, Get an error Windows Update is disabled.
    Paid apps work before running the script.
    I checked and all Windows Update services and required services are running.

Fixed!!

It was XblAuthManager being one of the services disabled.

I enabled XblAuthManager, started it, and removed it from the Services.json. Now my paid store apps are installing.

8. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Just a head's up, updates and support for Optimize-Offline have been a little slow the past handful of months due to work, this COVID-19 nonsense and the construction of a new addition to my home. Likewise, I have been working mostly on the upcoming GUI version of Optimize-Offline more frequently as to weed out the differences between PowerShell 5 and PowerShell Core 7. It is likely support will return to normal in January and updates/changes should occur more frequently again. Likewise, I am anticipating the first public release of the GUI version in Q1 of 2021, as the alpha version has been privately running by a dozen or so people without any significant hiccups for quite a few months now. Inclusions in the GUI version can be found on Optimize-Offline's GitHub page under the 'Upcoming' page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    Heavens forbid that we all think and act the same... however, yet some users (using this method) encounter the very same issue @GodHand described (restoration)

Note: I use W10UI for upgrading my (Offline Untouched) images prior to optimizing (Terrific Script/Tool)

.. as a side note, which is the modded NVidia driver that you use, or do you do it yourself?

10. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    #697 KedarWolf, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    (OP)
    I use a tool called NVCleanstall_1.7.0 to install the drivers then use PowerShell to back up all my installed drivers to a D:\Drivers folder to import to Optimize Offline with this command.

Code:
    Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination D:\Drivers
    Edit: If I use W10UI on my extracted 19041.1 ISO before I update it with Optimize Offline, when I install the cumulative updates on my online OS with W10UI, it does NOT install removed system apps.

There is a series of posts here where I walked someone through it and they had success as well.

BRB, I need to find the command here I use to check the system apps.

Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -PackageTypeFilter Main | ? { $_.SignatureKind -eq "System" } | Sort Name | Format-Table Name, InstallLocation
    I recently installed the latest cumulative update to my online O/S, no systems apps got reinstalled with the method here I described.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...20h1-and-ltsc-2019.80038/page-30#post-1618269

Code:
    PS D:\> Get-AppxPackage -PackageTypeFilter Main | ? { $_.SignatureKind -eq "System" } | Sort Name | Format-Table Name, InstallLocation

Name                                        InstallLocation
    ----                                        ---------------
    E2A4F912-2574-4A75-9BB0-0D023378592B        C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AppResolverUX_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.AccountsControl                   C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.AsyncTextService                  C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.AsyncTextService_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.CredDialogHost                    C:\Windows\SystemApps\microsoft.creddialoghost_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.EdgeDevtoolsPlugin                C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.EdgeDevtoolsPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp             C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AppRep.ChxApp_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.AssignedAccessLockApp     C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.AssignedAccessLockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.CapturePicker             C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.CapturePicker_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost       C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.NarratorQuickStart        C:\Windows\SystemApps\microsoft.windows.narratorquickstart_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkCaptivePortal  C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkCaptivePortal_cw5n1h2...
    Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow_cw5n1h...
    Microsoft.Windows.PinningConfirmationDialog C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.PinningConfirmationDialog_cw5n1h...
    Microsoft.Windows.Search                    C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost       C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost   C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2t...
    Microsoft.Windows.XGpuEjectDialog           C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.XGpuEjectDialog_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI                C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_cw5n1h2txyewy
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS                 C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy
    MicrosoftWindows.UndockedDevKit             C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.UndockedDevKit_cw5n1h2txyewy
    windows.immersivecontrolpanel               C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel
    Windows.PrintDialog                         C:\Windows\PrintDialog

11. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    Doesn't answer the issue you raised onGitHub (and pretty certain you have thought about it, also assume you are aware NVslimmer),
    but not sure if NVCleanstall_1.7.0 creates an installer file that you can call during setupcomplete (suggested as a workaround).

12. KedarWolf

KedarWolf MDL Addicted

Mar 17, 2016
    #699 KedarWolf, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    (OP)
    I can add the NVCleaninstall.exe to call it using my answer file but it's a long process for the drivers to parse, then install, I'd rather just figure out how to integrate them into my Windows image.

Edit: Okay, as a workaround, I disabled automatic driver updates by adding the registry key to modify it to the 'Additional Tweaks.reg' in Optimize Offline so the default Nvidia drivers don't download and install, call the modified Nvidia driver setup files with a SynchronousCommand from my integrated answer file, then after they install, I use the last command in my answer file to enable driver updates again.

You can save the modded driver update files with NVCleaninstall.

I'm going to leave the GitHub ticket open though, be much better to have them integrated into my install.wim properly.

13. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014