PC Magazin Report

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Marumon88, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Marumon88

Marumon88 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    No title

..back again.

@Freestyler. Yes I have only 4 posts, but I was a silent reader all the time.
    I cant post here things belonging bios modding, because I have an IT-job
    that requires loyalty to my employer. You know what I mean??
    And I am not a traitor.
    I just want to cause some alarm.
    I was realy upset about that PCMag report.

You do a great work guys!! Go on, go on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    bad news for us here imo. once we get to much publicity here it WILL draw attention. still i dont see how ms can do much about bios mods, loaders sure. for them to kill the very same method used by oem's they simply cant. to many people / companies would be affected byt that. next time around though i think they will learn from all this but who knows they didnt with windows 7 from vista bios mods.

however certain companies such as asus and others say they know about the mods and are going to be working to release newer versions that will not be "patchable" this was even posted on the asus forum a couple months ago

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Marumon88

Marumon88 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    No panik please

M$ knows about biosmodding. They can´t do anything.
    But the other manufactures OEM or the known brands are busy and want to force EFI. Hope that there will be light on christmas day (EFI tools beside the tree). Next matching generation of hardware / win will base on EFI.
    Lets see if there is a leak. --- i am looking for. :)

cu

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I just hate to be known as a hacking community instead of a technical community. Most of the bios mods were done simply to say we could do it..At least that was my take.

I think anyone can put together a loader script..:cool::cool:

As far as the ASUS bios, they have done a very good job of it. It is all but impossible to change the OEM/TAble ID. If you dont want an ASUS SLIC, you are hard pressed to have a mod..

I think UEFI will be another challenge, but not impossible...MUCH fun!!!:eek:

5. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    you can scan and upload the page that have the report about MDL at pc magazin??

6. Marumon88

Marumon88 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    Scan

I haven`t bought that magazin. I just have had a look.
    Is anybody out there who can do that scan???

cu

7. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    or maybe there is e PDF on the net?

8. motion55

motion55 MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2008
    "Unpatchable"? That would be silly for Asus to do. It's like selling a motherboard that can't be overclocked.

Maybe on the surface Asus and others may grunt about it but it's only for show to please M$.

9. supdrmann

supdrmann MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    If you can wait till around 7pm i would do that for you!
    But, can you read german? I can :D

10. supdrmann

supdrmann MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
  11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    lol, zort, you're in a german PC magazine - my congratulations :cool:

You're now an official dangerous bios hacker feared by everybody :D

12. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    #33 YIN, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    sorry but i know only english and georgian (my local language)

p.s. zort you run but you can't hide uncle bill will catch you :D :D :D

13. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Kgb

Guys, blame me after all I am BIOSNOIDEA...................

14. supdrmann

supdrmann MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #35 supdrmann, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    ???
    Why don't you just use the 'Free User' Download?

???

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #36 Yen, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  16. supdrmann

supdrmann MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hehe :D,
    you should know that the press is always on second position, direct after the SOURCE (we :rolleyes:)

I don't think, that they know the different between cr*cked and act!vated!
    I would say, they now celebrate that their press is the first from the public that finds out, win7 is "cr*cked" and released the first report ... :D:D:D

Nice Notice at the end of the report:

M$ will blacklist the leaked Lenovo-key in a few weeks with an update (dejavu? heard that 2 days after this key was leaked)...
    They mean that M$ is in advantage, cause it's easy to find lo*ders and working hard on deeper bios-checks :rolleyes:!
    M$ will lockout and nerve the "h4ckers" and pirates, till they decides to buy a legit copy! omg

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Actually it is the German PC Magazine that makes money with SLIC'ing. :mad:

Not the direct way, but they do. If we hadn't developed the ways, there would be nothing to write about. No member ever here at MDL would take money for providing a mod.
    PC Magazine is earning money and is claiming MDL being full of bad guys.......wrong world...

This is my last post about..it's not worth..;)