Phoenix flasher for Win 7 x64?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Galane, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    No version of WinPhlash I've tried will work, not even logged in as Administrator. Win 7 Ultimate x64 blocks its driver from loading.

Is there a different tool that will work? Or am I going to have to temp swap in a different hard drive and install XP 32 bit just to flash the BIOS?

2. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    No need to get a temp HDD or install XP.

Get the "Hirens Boot CD" iso and burn it.

On boot you can select a mini WinXP to start. Its a Live System without installation.
    You get straight to the XP desktop.

It even has USB support.

Then you can start Winphlash from wherever you want to. (USB Stick, ext. HDD, your HDD etc.)

I used Winphlas this way to backup my BIOS. Worked fine.

But as always, I would not recommend it to actually flash your BIOS from Windows!

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Sure there is winphlash64.exe. Winphlash doesn't work on 64 bit OS.

BUT: You should use the flash tools that come with your BIOS update...and if there is no 64-bit version then you need to flash from DOS or 32 bit. If there is a DOS flasher then boot into DOS (with USB pen drive) and flash from DOS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Galane

Galane MDL Junior Member

Feb 11, 2013
    I tried the newest version of WinPhlash64 and got exactly the same error message about being unable to load the driver in Win 7 x64. I was able to use WinPhlash with the latest Hiren's and now have a SLIC 2.1 BIOS in my MPC TransPort T2500