[PLEASE READ] Microsoft and Privacy

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Michaela Joy, Aug 5, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're very welcome! As always!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pirithous

pirithous MDL Member

Dec 17, 2014
    #582 pirithous, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    I questioned if you were a moron, there was never a "scathing attack". I also questioned your reading comprehension and lack of factual information (you don't post anything backing up your claims). It's pointless to re-write my post because you'll just report it again like a crying baby. You complained that you couldn't handle the response and cried to a mod about having my post deleted. But that wasn't enough for you. You then keep posting bringing up my name and Michaela's name because you apparently are a troll that wants to incite a flame war. If you were smart, you would have already dropped the issue but it's your goal to accuse others of being on an anti-MS brigade yet yourself, do the exact thing you accuse others of (throwing out wild accusations without any backing). Your goal is to try to get people to respond to you, start with accusations, then once they respond you report the post. I suggest you go seek some professional help.

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    this post goes nowhere if everybody is getting so personal towards each other I'm out here for now ! I come here for sharing knowledge not for the soap part !;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    When I posted this thread, Every moderator and admin knew that this was a controversial subject. As did I. Initially, I posted it in the "Serious Discussion" forum because I wanted to give staff the choice to either accept or decline the extra duties and responsibilities that came along with this discussion. We've all seen how these threads turn out; Heated attacks on one another, people calling other people names and others responding from a position of strong emotions.

The truth is, no matter what anybody says, what's done is done. All we can do is prepare for the outcome.

If You're fine with accepting Windows 10 as it is, that's great. Or, as they say "Down Under"...Goodonya!

Personally, I'm not telling anybody what to do. Those people who have came to My defense have seen my posts, and understand fully, my position on this matter.

Truth is, We all have seen this phenomena before. In Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. People make statements based on their knowledge of theory, and others ridicule them because they can not provide adequate proof.

If You don't believe Me, Look at the Higgs Boson. Until the Large Hadron Collider was built, there was no way to prove its' existence. The theory pointed to the possibility, but the diagnostic tools didn't exist.

And once the LHC was brought on line, Proof that the Higgs Boson exists was found, right at the predicted energy levels.

Read this book http://www.audible.com/pd/Science-Technology/A-Machine-Called-Indomitable-Audiobook/B00KQ06QXO

Dr. Ray Damadian is an amazing Man, and a personal hero of mine. I met him many years ago at Phonar, on Long Island.

Does the average person understand this article?

http://www.appliedradiology.com/art...itative-t1-t2-and-proton-density-to-diagnosis

I suspect not. So, can the average person argue the validity of MRI theory, without knowing the inner workings of Physics and proton spin, decay and density?

I think not. At least, not without doing some basic research.

That's what I'm advocating, and That's what I'm asking. Of -every- person in the world. Do some research. Look at what virus makers have done. And take the leap and realize that these same technologies can be applied by corporations to intrude on your privacy. And then, take a look at the current state of laws in the US, and in Your own respective countries.

What has changed? What has not changed?

In the USA, the laws were initially designed to protect the rights of the people. Now, they are used to protect corporate entities, and their right to make money. And ignorance of the Law is not a plausible argument, and it will -not- hold up in a court of Law.

Know the Law. Know You rights. Protect Yourselves.

That's what I'm saying. And I'm saying it to -EVERY- person in the World. And so are many others.

5. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    People are people and no one wants to be wrong - just ask my wife :p

So when someone disagrees with something you've said its all too easy to get your knickers in a twist. Even though this is the "internet" its still real life. Just because someone can't see your face or know where you are, doesn't mean that what someone says doesn't effect you. Obviously personality then comes into play and how some people (being who they really are) get upset and can get abusive. I don't think it has anything really to do with a faceless name annon so its safe to be this way, like trolling and such. But more to do with that is how that person really is, in real life.

I have a friend who is passionate about football. If you say something negative to him about his team, he'll start off arguing his point in a civilized manner, but its almost comical to watch, and I mean in 3, 2 ,1 BOOM! He flies off the deep end into a tirade of verbal abuse, swearing, name calling and so on. This guy wouldn't hurt a fly. But as far as being able to argue a point in a civilized manner, he's got no hope lol. Its just his style, hell he's been known to throw the odd remote control at the TV, which you may think ain't that bad, only its not his remote or his TV :p

Then you have those people who are as cool as a cucumber. I mean seriously, they are kinda scary. No matter what, they stay on point, a word smiths, well versed, highly skilled, and never, ever show any personal feeling, almost terminator like in the way they come across. I think the common term for these types of people is called Moderators.

:biggrin::p;)

6. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    I would never ask nor expect you to take anyone seriously while they didn't agree with your persistent anti Win 10 and anti MS stance - it's clear you have tolled that bell endlessly until it's driven a few posters to sleeep - change the record. The plain and simple fact is that you resorted to scathing insults against PD purely and simply because you didn't like his opinion. You would also do well to remember that you are not judge, jury and executioner over a thread because you started it! Your endless posts about why and how you started this thread are becoming as tiresome as your repetitive whining about Win 10/MS. That doesn't mean I'm an MS kiss arse!

Quite why this post I don't understand! Best ignored.

You got all upset because I posted a definition of paranoia. You posted that you couldn't decide if I was stupid or a moron but suspected the latter. You then accused me of not being able to read, not being able to find articles, and accused me of being an MS fanboy which I'm not. I assume your resorting to name calling was deleted by mods for a reason.

Why do the anti Win 10/anti MS crowd get so uptight just because someone may not agree with their opinion. Why do you find it so necessary to consistently tell anyone who disagrees with you why they are wrong, why they don't understand, the question they should really ask themselves etc, etc. Trying to reason with you is akin to standing and hitting your head up the wall. Get on with it, your best left to it...

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    A lot of truth spoken there. We'd all like to be right, but, in the case of some issues, there is no right or wrong. It's just opininons. And, as mature adults, We should respect the opinions of others.

Some people can't do that. And I don't think anybody enjoys answering the same questions over and over again, ad nauseum.

Some people are best ignored. That's just the way it is.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @Nucleus:

If you bring something out of context, it's no wonder that's not understandable anymore! But: that's just done on purpose, from your side!

9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #589 Nucleus, Sep 3, 2015
    What do you mean, my apologies but I have trouble with your broken English in some posts. What have I bought out of context and what have I done on purpose (in your opinion)?

I ended my last two posts by saying Get on with it, your best left to it... but it seems some just have to continue it. This whole privacy/spying thing is clearly a very touchy subject where so much as daring to question the anti Win 10/anti MS brigade really sets things off and leads to all manner of accusations, starting a flame war, trolling and the rest of it.

I'm out of the thread, it just isn't worth it. It's like Jehovas Witnesses stopping you at the shops!

10. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Thank you for your input and thoughts on this issue.
    And thank you for leaving..... now this thread can get back on topic..... I hope?

But did you really have to leave and take one last shot at these people?

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    this made my day :D

12. pirithous

pirithous MDL Member

Dec 17, 2014
    #592 pirithous, Sep 3, 2015
    Windows 10 Checks For Pirate Bay Torrents, Bootleg Games And Hardware Automatically

http://www.ibtimes.com/windows-10-c...-bootleg-games-hardware-automatically-2056054

13. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Good luck with that one, Windows 10 can't even tell if itself is pirated, or if the previous OS it genuinely upgraded from was pirated

I've downloaded (torrented), installed, and played plenty of pirated games on 10, they all still work fine

14. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Article says Windows 10 will scan and and send data to their servers. Dunno what M$ guys gonna do with this data :tea:

15. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    all big media now jump on the same train with copy and paste journalism. They do it on the politics side and anywhere else. Best is that these so called independent journalists have no idea what they talk about.
    This way even real wars are ignited like we can see life on our planet. The small wars are present on MDL .... unbelievable.
    In small worlds like IT biz or other brands these pro- best-knowers do the same. Stupid idiots :cool:

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #596 PaulDesmond, Sep 3, 2015
  17. fkar

Nov 3, 2012
  18. fkar

Nov 3, 2012
  19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Your post is contradictory. When you know that you have your freedom of choice, why do you then become upset by the 'anti M$ brigade'? Is there somebody who could take away your freedom, is there somebody preventing you to hit the agree button?!

It is about to illustrate that to agree to an unknown content which is collected is an unreasonable behaviour. This also means to judge about the contents is unreasonable.
    And it's about to know that the imbalance of the view of end consumer's privacy and M$'s is decreasing with each release of a new OS. Generally spoken of each private person and US monopolists.

M$ has DMCA we have nothing. They have the right to seize servers in foreign countries you have to agree that the data which you don't know are now property of M$.

Paul you have no idea of what you are talking and the journalists also have no and I have no. We don't know what they collect since they hide it (encryption).

But it doesn't play a role actually. It’s about to wake up. We the end consumers give more and more away from our privacy while the US monopolists gain more power.