Problem ACPI and Phoenix BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by backglass, Jul 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello,

I have a problem trying to edit the bios because I have some problems with Linux with constant SSDT hang around because of the BIOS so I would like to edit the acpi tables.

The problem comes when the office and I BIOS.wph Module -> Module and ACPI ACPI0.AML I give and then I put it is read only and I can edit anything that I lack asl.exe makes my program that will search, and post it, well I put it in the root and edit the file ACPI0.AML with the new configuration is finished once I give bios and makes me build this

ht tp://i27.tinypic.com/10rtjjm.png

Someone can help me?

I have an amilo pi 2550 and am using:
    ht tp://box.net/rssdownload/321360792/Fijitsu-Siemens_Amilo_Pi_2550-HP-1.15C-FUJITSU_FUJ.BIN_SLIC21_FIJITSU_SLP.rar

the original bios.wph

2. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    Tqhoang Hello again,

Thanks for answering.

The problem is that I have the file generated since only Linux I have to recompile the WPH but do not know because for example I tried to change the variable SETUP Tables 'info' to 'inf' and then I have relocated as 'info' without touching anything of him given acpi bios build and has given me that.

ht tp://i27.tinypic.com/258xf0x.png
    Can you help me please and compile the bios? I would greatly appreciate it.
    ht tp://ww w.mediafire.com/?dcz313nmlpnv26k

Or if you explain how to solve the problem of the image.

Thank you very much =)

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    So that DSDT.dsl is the one you want to integrate into the BIOS right? Did you want to use the original BIOS.WPH or the modified BIOS.WPH (has the updated Windows 7 certificate)?

4. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello again:)

Turns out I tried to look at the errors that appeared in the DSDT of the BIOS corrupted and I have taken the surprise this
    htt p:// pastebin.com/ELAn8Gmz

But in Linux I get only two errors and optimization, now I wonder what I have to put linux DSDT or correct one's own bios I have?

The errors say in Linux are:

dsdt.dsl 1122: 0x00000000, // Length
    Error 4122 - ^ Invalid combination of Length and Min/Max fixed flags

dsdt.dsl 1136: 0x00000000, // Length
    Error 4122 - ^ Invalid combination of Length and Min/Max fixed flags

I solve this error and compile good.

but fix these errors in the DSDT of the original bios which I put the linux bios or the original?

5. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello again.

I've got the good version of the PBE and I tried to fix the DSDT of the BIOS file.

The table gives me these errors:
    hxxp://pastebin.com/u2TAp2cG

But if I take the Linux does not give me the mistakes, I just optimizations.
    I do not understand ..

In summary:
    Where I have problems is in Linux by the constant crash that causes the ACPI, and in Windows I have no problem.
    So I have to replace the table I have in Linux aml why this in. WPH?

My aml of BIOS is this: hxxp://wxw.mediafire.com/?2i8s18fuedprhpd

6. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    Hi,

Sorry for my English I'm spanish.

Yes I try put acpi_osi="Windows\ 2006" and once it passes 15 seconds the screen freezes and if I have music remains as frozen

Can you help to solve the problems in DSDT?

I've also found that if I put in the kernel linia acpi_no_auto_ssdt works fine, no crashes or anything, but the fan is noisy and gets to 71 degrees in minutes without doing anything.

7. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    #10 backglass, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    (OP)
    Hello,

I have almost everything right now I can only know one thing:

When I take all data from the AML to disassembled, the lame and once I have it in the asl corrects all the errors then I have to do to get the type is as follows:

DSDTQ [ECS INTL [MUTX [€PRT0

[PRT0P80H NP8XH
    *“h p}{P80D ÿÿÿ i P80D*“hp}{P80Dÿ ÿÿ yi
    P80D*“h
    p}{P80Dÿÿ ÿ yi
    P80D*“h
    p}{P80Dÿÿÿ yi
    P80DpP80DP80H[€CMS2
    r
    [CMS2INDXDATA[†INDXDATA @ CIRE H( S4FG[€DEBK
    `
    [ DEBKKB60 KB62 KB64 KB66_PICphGPICO_PTSp
    ñP80H*’“PPCS pCPUF†\._PR_CPU0
    €["
    d*“h
    \._SB_PHSR
    K*+“\/_SB_PCI0RP04PMSXp\/_SB_PCI0RP04PMSX*“h
    pS4FGp
    ôP80HA"_WAKp

And I will not remain as an array in. Hex? because whenever you compile with-tc iasl gives me a hex with the array of everything that comes down but in array.

Thanks for help

8. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Don't use the "-tc" option. That's what the "-tc" option is supposed to do...give you a binary array to use inside a C program.

You basically just need to recompile the DSL/ASL code back into AML. So just run: iasl <dsl/asl filename>
    It should output the AML file. Then you need to use PBE and overwrite the ACPI0.AML and rebuild the BIOS.

9. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    Hello again.

I do not get it to work well PBE because what I do is open the PBE and select the file, then go to the TEMP folder and see that file and overwrite ACPI00.AML for the good for which I have generated.
    Then as I left him to go to build bios Table Setup folder and I give TEMPLAT00.ROM and change 'info' to 'inf' and then I leave it as it was for me to generate the file, the file is generated correctly me without the asl.exe downloaded from the microsoft website, once it has been open I keep it again and I'll see if changes have been made and see that the file remains as before, nothing has changed.

As I can do this?
    It can be done by command line?

Thanks thhoang.

10. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
  11. backglass

backglass MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2010
    This is the link:
    hxxp://wxw.mediafire.com/?iskk72tvpr47w7v

The wph is the original bios and the aml is the correct DSDT table and the dsl is the source code for .aml

12. bill111

bill111 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2010
    And have it helped you? Is Linux working fine on your laptop now?