question about an AMI Core 7 bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by MikeyHypocrisy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. MikeyHypocrisy

MikeyHypocrisy MDL Junior Member

May 28, 2009
    I am just curious as to what the odds of it bricking?

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Bricking isn't an issue. Some mods require to inject the SLIC into the bootblock and to flash may be a higher risk, yes. It never happened a brick so far, but the SLIC often gets lost during flash process and a blue screen or the loss of the SLIC may occur / happen.
    At MSI AMI core7 the chances to get activated are the best IMO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    So if I were to flash my bios with modded bios only real problem would be a blue screen or lost SLIC?

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    At most cases, yes.
    Anyway you should not forget that there are people reporting a bad flash even with a original bios (generally spoken).
    I had a bad flash myself about 8 years ago as well (original bios)..it was an award bios though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MikeyHypocrisy

May 28, 2009
    ok cool, i was just wondering about that, altho i might not even go through with it for slic due to the board is like idk from 04? and not really up to par all that well, imo anyways cuz of the 3gb limit in ram and wat not. i just ended up using like the other week or so, the dmi tattoo disk. but thanks for the help.