Question about Win 7 activation (how to) without a loader, and the SLUI.exe deleted

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LAFCADIO, Feb 7, 2018.

1. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
    I thought it was just involved in prompting the message reminder and when you have to enter the activation key when prompted, not in the activation per se.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Yes. Running sfc /scannow from an admin cmd prompt may restore it. If not, repair install.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #23 Yen, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LAFCADIO

LAFCADIO MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2018
  5. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    @LAFCADIO, Further more I trust DAZ loader tools to allow me match OEM:Slic to make it work, Also I TRUST MRP Project I've use it since. So, trust there and our teams at MDL this place is really helpful here... Good luck get your Windows up running smoothly.

6. KRaZy WaKa

KRaZy WaKa MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2018
    I'm in the middle of something similar... I've used Daz's loader many times in the past, s**t's legit, never a problem. Thanks for that.

I've been researching the past couple days because I wanted a more advanced, slightly less automated method.

Asus M4a78t-e motherboard AMIBIOS.

I've SLIC injection modded the latest BIOS (3503) with amitool163, both SSV3 and Dynamic, plan is to flash dynamic since that's closest to OEM, it's also the most dangerous, go figure, YOLO, That's setup on a 1GB USB drive and ready to flash with AFUDOS.

I've got an MRP config'd Win 7 Ultimate iso ready to go.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to integrate the OEM Cert and key into the ISO to make it preactivate just like an OEM disc, from what i'm reading MRP should do it as is, but I didnt see anything in OOBE referencing the cert file, unless that code lies in DeCompile.exe, i've got a Dell OEM disc for reference, but there's a whole other mess of stuff going on in there and i don't want all that Dell junk polluting my install.

Should be fun, wish me luck. If you're looking for the safest route use Daz's Loader. If your laptop came with Windows 7 and you wanna install the same version definitely check the ACPI tables for SLIC 2.1 as mentioned above. Daz's Loader will get your activation straight as it would be from the factory if it's SLIC equipped.

Also If SLIC 2.1 is present and you wanna do a clean install, you could just use Dell a OEM install iso. I just clean installed my Dell Latitude e5430 equipped with SLIC, preactivated unattended install it was beautiful. And then I generated a GenuineTicket.xml and did a clean install of Windows 10 1709 right after, fully activated, genuine, and legitimate, linked to my MS account for the life of the laptop (OEM activation is tied to the motherboard)

I've gotten all of that done with info right here on MDL and a little bit of outside research for my own clarification purposes.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    All MRP magic is inside the Decompile.exe and OEM's.7z, it installs the correct cert and oem:slp key, for the found slic. (that's the whole purpose of MRP)

8. KRaZy WaKa

KRaZy WaKa MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2018
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up, i figured that may be how it went... had a hell of a time trying to get afudos to do anything, just kept giving me bad command or file name errors so i said screw it and flash my SSV3 SLIC modded BIOS with EZ Flash... gonna go for the dynamic mod next, now i just have to find the bios mod thread so i can post the info and the download. was all dead links when i was searching for one already done