Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by pedagogy, Oct 25, 2010.

1. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    “Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.” :D
    Unknown source

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. Albert Einstein

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. Henry Ford

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    "Time was created so that all things don't happen at once"
    can't remember the author...

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  5. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    "Boredom is the root of all evil - the despairing refusal to be oneself." Søren Kierkegaard

“All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

“We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.” Friedrich Nietzsche

There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. - Hindu proverb

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #27 timesurfer, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Yes yen true organic cosmic time is timeless. But perhaps think of time as not something to surpass since it is this cosmic time that controls or is at the root manifestation/demanifestation.

Now in most peoples minds even our greatest spiritual teachers they see "stuff/us" having been created in the past and going to a untrackable future but to me if an shaman is one minute a wolf then the next just air an maybe for a moment himself it is time that is that "clutch" that allows things to manefest/unmanifest hence "stuff/us" is not created in the past e.g. (fictional big bang) but created right now in the present hence all time is now ;)

Another thing to contemplate would be that true observation of our cosmos would involve the subjective perceiver and the object observed being unified in a true view of what is "happening". This eliminates judgement and perhaps suffering

So to me the actual self is more a function of natural time than time being always something to discount, overcome or used to rule over others via like lies like time is money...lol

In my mayan beliefs God is termed Hunab Ku which means One giver of movement (time) and measure (space)

I'm just playing Yen. I have healthy certainty regarding my cosmic time info just fun to share ideas in a forum where we usually help people install Daz loader and such...lol

ts - Mayan Keeper of Cosmic time.

What doesn't kill us makes up stronger

Think that's neiche

8. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Time is of your own making; Its clock ticks in your head. The moment you stop thought Time too stops dead. Angelus Silesius

The long unmeasured pulse of time moves everything. There is nothing hidden that it cannot bring to light, nothing once known that may not become unknown. Nothing is impossible.
    SOPHOCLES, Ajax

The universe may be timeless, but if you imagine breaking it into pieces, some of the pieces can serve as clocks for the others. Time emerges from timelessness. We perceive time because we are, by our very nature, one of those pieces. CRAIG CALLENDER

As you read this sentence, you probably think that this moment--right now--is what is happening. The present moment feels special. It is real. However much you may remember the past or anticipate the future, you life in the present. Of course, the moment during which you read that sentence is no longer happening. This one is. In other words, it feels as though time flows, in the sense that the present is constantly updating itself. We have a deep intuition that the future is open until it becomes present and that the past is fixed. As time flows, this structure of fixed past, immediate present and open future gets carried forward in time. This structure is built into our language, thought and behavior. How we live our lives hangs on it. Yet as natural as this way of thinking is, you will not find it reflected in science. The equations of physics do not tell us which events are occurring right now--they are like a map without the "you are here" symbol. The present moment does not exist in them, and therefore neither does the flow of time. CRAIG CALLENDER

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  11. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Could you clarify that statement for me. I don't quite understand it, and I want to respond properly.

Quote;
    And remember, no matter where you go, there you are. Confucius

For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions. Laozi

Men honor what lies within the sphere of their knowledge, but do not realize how dependent they are on what lies beyond it. Zhuangzi

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I was just saying that to me the universe is a sacred place that it seems to me deserves more respect in how it is investigated.

I'll just stick to quotes as to stay on topic...lol

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

Albert Einstein

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I like that star wars stuff as well. All the Episodes came along with me when growing up...no matter how old I was I liked it when a new Episode was released.

I guess it's attracting people because there is some real truth.
    The story of Anakin is a story about realizing the Self..and the (reduced trinity) duality.
    The other side and the dark side. There is a way to come closer to your Self (turn away from ego, mechanism of the Jedi) and a way to drift apart from the Self (strengthen the Ego, mechanism of the Sith)..

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."
    — Meister Eckhart

14. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  15. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    OK, I thought you were saying we are not part of a whole system.

Every branch of science investigates/studies life/universe differently.
    I believe that those who study/investigate/, do respect it. That's why most dedicate their lives to studying/investigating. It is their respect that drives them for answers, which almost always leads to more questions.

You can talk anything you want, This is Chit Chat.

Quote;
    Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. Andre Gide

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” Lewis Carroll

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #36 Yen, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    "Lack of knowledge means nescience. To study means learning nescience." :D

Revised by Yen..source unknown though...edited lool

17. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    good.i liked it

18. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    "The world exists only when we think about it; creation stories are for children. In reality the world is created every moment."
    Jean Klein

@Timesurfer
    Lol, no problem I'm going off, too..and asking you

What do you think happens to (with) the world when you
    a) are sleeping and dreaming?
    b) have been died?

20. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    (On the other hand,) the positive results of a society populated mostly by people who are serious about cultivating wisdom and spiritual understanding should be clear. If the citizens are peaceful, satisfied, respectful of others, compassionate, selfless, and so on, then society will be progressive both materially and spiritually. ~Jagad Guru