Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by pedagogy, Oct 25, 2010.

1. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    #41 pedagogy, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Martin Heidegger, Poetry, Language, Thought :
    There is much in being that man cannot master. There is but little that comes to be known. What is known remains inexact, what is mastered insecure.

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."
    — Umberto Eco

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." — Mark Twain

"Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs." — Robin P. Williams

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Seems to be an resistance to someone having a non-tainted pure experience...lol Almost as if an ultimate answer doesn't exist or only comes to Buddha or some famous avatar. It is always responded with the words "through your experience" but the universe un-be knowing to modern science and most contemporary scientists has an actual base or template by which to view where the eternal workings of the cosmos can be interpreted and utilized for ones benefit and enlightenment. One cosmos has one way in which it works comprehensively and I have been at those workings. No perceiving necessary just alignment with it which is something that is impossible to those using machines to "perceive" and again before I had read or been influenced by any notions of spirituality as a small child did I know that people we're hypnotized by linear (man created) time and the master of that knowledge is Jose Arguelles which is why I shared/reference him ;)

No need again for outside stuff when the cosmos is most indeed inside one's self

And there's no need to fear, resist or compete with just one person being completely at the highest self and for a while I might add. It should inspire not create more uncertainty and "waiting" till such experienced can be proven. Nor should it create dismissal as well. Resonance with the divine is something most will not engage even in fun since everyone want's something to hold or touch stuff but with true spiritual knowing you end up holding yourself and touching the heart of all life. Clearing one's amnesia of God is possible and I an a witness of such things ;) But until that clearing has happened at least once to someone I can understand their reluctance to give credit or acknowledge such "eternal experience" especially in an world that see's life coming from an "past" and going to an "future" :p...lol

Self Quote:

I am no intellectual. Compare and contrast never worked for me nor did analyzing the cosmos ever get me any answers or healing. Only when letting all things go did I experience being in the eye of the hurricane. Science could not get me there as we know science to be for most.

timesurfer

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #45 timesurfer, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    "I consume dualistic thoughts as food"

Padmasambhava - The "second" Buddha

:D

p.s. I noticed we are calling things theories and saying some things can't be achieved. I cannot subscribe to these limits or conditions. Some people are just anointed to the higher self. They are for lack of better word raised up! Without referencing any practice or even without any beliefs prior and yet they are raised up in the eye of the hurricane they sit and view and things look different than they did before

e.g. If I have a child and I say to someone I love him and the person listening says well that's a theory. I say no my friend I love him in certainty nothing else. I will not wait to love my son until proof that love exists. I do not love him in theory. I love him now regardless of love existing or not to the world and my son loves me back without knowing also if loves exists, he just loves ;) Cosmic time is that love to me. Eternal! Unconditional. Attainable.. Limitless

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Love is synonym to the (higher) Self. The awareness of 'I AM' proves the existence of that Self = Love.
    Nobody can say that there was a time where 'I AM' was not true.
    The Self is based on itself, there is no condition. Hence it's eternal. Altruism is the same character. To desire is no love.....
    A problem at relationship women / men is the confusion of these.

You don't love me anymore! In fact love can never end. It's the desire that has stopped.

@ts: I'm starting to get what you mean with Cosmic time.:)
    It was difficult to me because in my 'theory' time does not exist for the (higher) Self.

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  8. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." — Steve Martin

9. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
  10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I am quite familiar with that. There are some religion that use a/m.
    That's where it belongs to, it doesn't belong to have fun at a party outside where many people are listening to loud (techno) music.
    Interesting..maybe open a new thread about?;)
    Not to forget that at some countries there is still death penalty for it..:rolleyes:
    In Indonesia it's used as well, also in my country they (shrooms) are growing....

"The function of the brain is to reduce all the available information and lock us into a limited experience of the world. LSD frees us from this restriction and opens us to a much larger experience."
    Stanislav Grof - IMO a real expert on this, more on the scientific road though.

At least it shows that our 'normal' way to perceive the world is just one way of infinite ways. Statistics force us to name it abnormal...

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Creation stories are for children. That’s true, formulated a bit harsh though.
    In the bible the creation story is finished after 7 days. These seven days are meant to be metaphoric.
    And not to forget at what time it was written and what situation, culture there was.

The wise men that have written ‘Genesis’ have probably meant that, but they had to put that into words which had to be right in that time…

People that are understanding the bible word by word are at the very first beginning. For them the bible is more or less useless. Most of the people die before they come closer to it.

The words of the bible are old, the essence is ageless. A good example to me was ex US President George W. Bush. What a d*rk….he mimicked the super Christian and at the same time he signed a sentence of death…..he should have taken some shrooms....and I would say to him: BUH!
    ......and then he:..... :fear2:...... lol

Regarding dreaming and death.
    When I was a child and have noticed about that my own death is inescapable I got panic and fear.
    Is our world really that cruel? That time I would have disagreed with the existence of God = Self.

Those panic attacks happened when I tried to sleep..….I was about 8 Years old.

Also I liked to dream. It is / was a fascinating event. You can jump down a roof and just go on to walk.
    You can fly…..you can die, you can wake up thinking you are awake, but you are still dreaming (nested dreams)……
    But adults said to me it’s just a dream it’s not real! That was sad to me…….
    Later I noticed that a dream is as real as to be awake. And I got that the world is exactly as you are perceiving it.
    Which means when you are dreaming the real world for you is your dream world. People that are not sleeping at that time are telling you about their world ‘awake-world’. So you think your dream world was a trip only. The ‘awake world’ coexists to your dream world. But that’s a major fault!!!
    There is only one world, your world. The ‘awake-world’ does not exist when you are dreaming!

When somebody has died he takes his (own) world with him. The world (object to be observed) only exists relative to an observer. Objects alone cannot exist! Since the observer is changing (dying), his world will change as well.
    And what’s most of comfort: The world ever is and will be like you are perceiving it.

So decide to choose a good one! It’s up to you!

About experiments with hallucinogenic drugs: Due to my job I have had the chance to experiment. I’m not Alexander Shulgin, but let’s say I know some of his work…

“"I don't know if you realize this, but there are some researchers - doctors - who are giving this kind of drug to volunteers, to see what the effects are, and they're doing it the proper scientific way, in clean white hospital rooms, away from trees and flowers and the wind, and they're surprised at how many of the experiments turn sour. They've never taken any sort of psychedelic themselves, needless to say. Their volunteers - they're called 'subjects,' of course - are given mescaline or LSD and they're all opened up to their surroundings, very sensitive to color and light and other people's emotions, and what are they given to react to? Metal bed-frames and plaster walls, and an occasional white coat carrying a clipboard. Sterility. Most of them say afterward that they'll never do it again."

— Alexander Shulgin (Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story)

14. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
  15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    "By bringing about a change in our outlook toward things and events, all phenomena can become sources of happiness."

Dalai Lama

17. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I haven't read the whole thread in every word, but I try to catch up a bit.

I'm also interested in this particular topic, Yen has inspired many of my thoughts...one question that formed up is:
    What if all beings, all things that surround one are just creations of the own mind? There is no one existing but this particular individual perceiving itself and forming up other beings and environment etc...and another one: what if this individual dies, i.e. stops perceiving? Is this individual even able to die if there is no one perceiving it's death?

18. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
    Jack Nicholson

19. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
    Robin Williams

20. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #60 timesurfer, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010