Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by pedagogy, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Corran

Corran MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    Firstly, your initial sentence made little sense. Secondly the human condition is evident and can be unlogical. Just because I am human; this does not mean I must follow normal human ignorance. The belief of love is a social and cultural idea, despite chemical reactions that take place in you to make love seem "real".

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Why did it make little sense?
    You are trying to deny responsibility of your thoughts.

Second attempt to 'make' sense. :)

There is NO difference between your mind and the human condition. There is nothing outside of your mind. 'They', 'the humans' and 'the human condition' are reflected IN your mind. All are just your thoughts. You are judging about.

What is 'the human ignorance'?
    Does 'the human ignorance' say "Hey, I'm the human ignorance!"?
    No. It is your thought in your mind, created by your ego. Something happens and YOU think this is 'human ignorance'.

Also the 'cultural idea' is your idea. You are thinking about.
    All is your idea. Whose else?
    Also everything I'm writing is my idea, are my thoughts, whose else?

So you can stop to pollute your mind since you have created the pollution. You just have to be responsible of your thoughts. (mind). There is no one else polluting it.
    I cannot pollute your mind, you cannot pollute mine.

"Just because I am human; this does not mean I must follow normal human ignorance. "

This sentence is like you are creating a thing (human ignorance) and at the same time you say you don't need to follow it. So why are you creating a thing that is obviously of no use? (creating a thing that is obviously of no use = pollution)
    And is there somebody that has said to you you have to follow it? lol.. You are setting yourself under self created pressure. You think that 'they' want you to follow, right? But who are 'they' really? Do 'they' exist? Are 'they' real?

If you can get what I mean you can laugh about as well....otherwise you'll remain (self) polluted.....you may say--I can't ignore it because it's real---human ignorance is real because I can see it!
    No it's not. There is nothing like 'human condition'....it's your thought only. Thoughts are illusionary. They are not real.
    We just don't want to see the truth...(I'm struggling with it also, I'm not perfect).

Do you know what I mean..lol...? No?...
    like:
    Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Also I do not mean love = sex and desire. I mean love= god.:)

Something that has been created has to disappear.
    The love I mean never has been created, it is no idea, no thought, it simply is.

Question:
    Is Dalai lama right? I mean, what's your opinion about the quote I have posted?

PS.:
    I don't want to try to convince you.:) This is not my job.
    It's meant to be chit chat....just trying to create more 'sense'...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Corran

Corran MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    #83 Corran, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    I know this; I am in no way offended by your opinion. The sentence "So why you don't stop to pollute your mind?" didn't sound right, I don't know, maybe if I heard it.

Your statements on mind and human condition are correct, however, your argument developed as a misinterpretation, credit to my poorly detailed definitions. When I say "pollution of minds" I am referring to how a cultural general molds the people born in it. Humans have their own culture and society in general, so when I believe I am thinking different than what's expected. It’s outside of the human condition; again, just an opinion.

I know sex does not mean love. Love is a pawn to inspire sex and ensure it. Love is a great thing for the mind so people do it, thus ensuring sex and more importantly, reproduction.

As for the quote, it’s more or less the understanding that I came to. That quote I made, it was made when I abandoned love and sought comfort in knowledge and education. However, when I said I no longer believed it, it was me coming to the realization that we need love to be happy, no matter how many holes we can poke in it.

PS. I am only seventeen and despite my intelligence; I am well aware that I have much to learn, more actually, much that I will learn.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for your opinion. And I'm glad that you don't feel offended by my post.
    That namely wouldn't be my intention.
    I know that I sometimes talk in a direct way, probably with a pushing undertone.
    It's not meant to spread the ultimate truth, it's meant to be a trial to infect the reader with excitement, with a different way to look at something. Maybe my intention is to make feel others like I do (I feel happy about.)

A friend told to me when I was a kind of depressed and unlucky...just stop to be like that.
    I said haha..I can't. Then he tried to explain to me about the mechanism I have posted above. (everything is in your mind, not outside).
    But we are trying to create things to be outside, harmful and scary things and give them force.

When looked at it in a relative way, comparing to others, I also would say my post above and this one IS outside of the normal human condition, because it is about an unusual way. I have now two choices.
    1- I can get nuts about and say oh my god I'm special, because my way of thinking is different, the human society has a different opinion, they are ignorant, but I'm a free person, I don't follow the common way of thinking.

2- Can notice about that I always have a way to change my point of view to see that it's me that creates something that harms me (I'm polluting myself).
    There is nothing solid behind. My mind has created it, all are my own ideas.
    And then I'm laughing...because it's like you would slam your own face and every time after saying ouch! But you don't stop.

The history told us that to realize the self you have to be special. All our enlightened ones (no matter if Jesus, Buddha or Mohammed) were special (in person).

I guess what's important is not to forget that there is no real truth in that, it's a relative sight to be 'outside' of something, a personal meaning

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Corran

Corran MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    Forgive me if I seem frank. But Yen, I do believe you are a fake. It’s not entirely horrible, but you come off as a person who tries too hard to mimic the enlightened ones of our past. Don’t find flattery in this, because you truly are just copying the image you believe is held for Gandhi and Buddha and such. It’s apparent, you try far too hard to make it appear you have a large vocabulary and it doesn’t help that you make little real world sense with your advice. Word to the wise; if you are going to try and be something you’re not, be good at it. Now I admit, you are an administrator; equally so I know you are talented in what you do, hence this site. I am sure you will have a witty, attempt at witty anyway, comeback that will try to dissect my words and my own faults, go ahead I have it coming. But don’t but unoriginal guy, it’s bothersome.

:worthy:

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #86 Yen, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    **changed post to a better expressed one **

I open with a stunner: "Can I ever be unoriginal? Can I ever be something I'm not? Think about it."

Yes you are right. I do mimic our enlightened ones, they all have mimicked each other in reaching one goal, they are Gurus to me. To mimic somebody you need to know his qualities. Moreover I practice teachings from them (Yoga, Meditation), there is no 'too hard' to try for, IMHO. Maybe that's the point that's different to you.
    The opinion 'far too hard and fake' is yours. I simply think my belief is different to yours.
    Such topics don't fit well into a technical PC forum...ever thought of I'm a fake admin, too? The word Administrator consists of letters only. To experience it is all what matters.
    To continue to post like this would end in nothing, all would be perceived as uncomfortable dissection of your ego and it would become worse. My intention is neither to offend nor to attack you.

The topic is about quotes, to quote is to copy.

"Do you wish men to speak well of you? Then never speak well of yourself."
    ~Pascal

"It is on account of the ego that one is not able to see God. In front of the door of God's mansion lies the stump of ego. One cannot enter the mansion without jumping over the stump."
    ~ Ramakrishna

"I am only seventeen and despite my intelligence; I am well aware that I have much to learn, more actually, much that I will learn."
    ~Member Corran

"We just don't want to see the truth...(I'm struggling with it also, I'm not perfect)."
    ~Admin Yen

7. free0n

free0n MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    probably not an accurate translation :(
    finally, among all, I finally found the end (c) - в конце концов, среди концов, я наконец, нашёл конец

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  9. kevin_lee

kevin_lee MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2010
    Thanks for sharing today's quote.

10. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    There is no such thing as part freedom

Nelson Mandela

11. pr101

pr101 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    "you can quote me as being unquotable"

Groucho

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #92 timesurfer, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    Feelings are our jewels our diamonds. They are what set us free and what reminds us of what we've forgotten

ts

13. cynarch

cynarch MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Present uphill struggles are true steps to future holds – cynarch

14. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. Alexander Pope

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. --Kahlil Gibran

When the axe came into the Forest, the trees said "The handle is one of us"
    The Trees and The Axe
    A man came into a forest and asked the Trees to provide him a handle for his axe. The Trees consented to his request and gave him a young ash-tree.
    No sooner had the man fitted a new handle to his axe from it, than he began to use it and quickly felled with his strokes the noblest giants of the forest.
    An old oak, lamenting when too late the destruction of his companions, said to a neighboring cedar, "The first step has lost us all. If we had not given up the rights of the ash, we might yet have retained our own privileges and have stood for ages." ancient fable from Aesop

15. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions! Joey Adams

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other. Anonymous

New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. Mark Twain

16. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
    Mark Twain

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.
    Mark Twain

18. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Earth is our gracious host.. But are we gracious guests in return...
    Satish Kumar - Earth Pilgrim

19. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln