re

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dillusi, Mar 6, 2013.

1. dillusi

dillusi MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2013
    #1 dillusi, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    As the world are having a lot of pressure, basically what you will do to make yourself feel less stressed, other than online?
    Imagine the pressure in the society, sometimes from the trolls in the net like facebook or forums...

For me: Sleep, rest and be happy.

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Hi dillusi,

I like to compose and play music. I also avoid political and religious conversations like the plague.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    I will find my rest by going watching a movie or play some peaceful music. Going out for a walk with the dogs is also always a nice way to get some rest. :)

4. ChristineBCW

ChristineBCW MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2013
    One factor of my life stresses has been the onslaught of media-crap. I can often hear my mind muttering, "The world is getting sooo awful-!"

However, I found some medicine for this. The late author Barbara Tuchman has a number of great histories. A DISTANT MIRROR made me sit back and think, "Gee, our world isn't so bad at all-!" And it truly isn't.

Those 1300s were really brutal times across the landscape. The Plague came successive Springs and Summers, with the Bury-Yer-Dead details getting a rest as those early, bitter winters set in. The Crusades had broken up but all of those returning marauders only knew Pillaging & Plundering as their skill-sets and "job history", so they returned to their landscapes and continuing pillaging and plundering. "It's what we do!"

And when I thought OUR recent politics suck even worse than usual, Tuchman's most excellent THE PROUD TOWER showed me this kinda crap politics have been on full-display since at least the 1870s. (Misery loves company, eh?)

I've read almost all of her books by this time and they continually present me with so many facts and "small people" biographies that leave me wondering, "Why didn't we learn any of this in school histories?"

And her books always make me believe today's world really isn't worse off than our past. Maybe my 'garbage bin' gets filled up with current trash so often, but now I know other eras have had it worse.

I find myself far less stressed after reading Tuchman's books.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I try as often as I can to be aware of myself, to focus my awareness on the inner body, to feel it. Any action that supports that is welcome. Listen to music, enjoy the silence, watching the breath, watch the nature, a sunset, or have a walk...

BTW: Stress is just an own made idea and is not somewhere 'outside'.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. avatartime

Mar 17, 2013
    Just watch movies or hang out with friends..

7. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Exercise is a good stress reliever, as making yourself tired doing it, and the release of the hormones.

8. bobmanuk

bobmanuk MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2013
    i listen to heavy metal/rock music usually calms me down, going for a long drive (or a fast drive around the country roads always helps)

I find things that are generally "calming" or stress relieving dont actually work for me, i get stressed at the fact im being told to calm down in a sense