Redmond tricks us psychologically.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kattekop, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grumpee

grumpee MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    wow a new level of pure stupidity pointless thread

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Guys, I'm going to drop this. Nobody in their right mind is going to spend $4,299USD just to prove a point. And therein lies my exact point: we bought FTCU and that investment is just too great to start playing games with it. Which is what I was saying all along.

I do appreciate all your comments, but this thread is not really the place for this discussion which I started.

3. vyvojar

vyvojar MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2016
    According to their website, last update came out Release Date: 2/8/2016. If you're commited to this, sure, why not. A "challenge" is not how this is done. What about this:

1) A list of things which need to be fixed is made. In this case, most likely broken installer, copy protection, or unimplemented directx stubs.
    2) You contact CodeWeavers, which tell you feasibility, negotiate price.
    3) They let some poor schmuck to actually do it
    4) You're stuck with this one particular version, unless you get a running contract OR somehow convince floriani to include wine in their QA cycle.

I'm just assuming you've done your homework, that is, tried everything with winetricks - and still encountering serious breakage listed in 1).

4. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Or the remote app from a windows machine, running in background, accessed via the remote app. This way may be faster and less confusing than unity/seamless (for the record I think wmware removed unity from linux the versions, since v12)

5. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Guru (here) means nothing, its just matter of having more messages. I provided my solution you can test it from a windows terminal client, from linux is exactly the same thing.

It requires literally one minute of work

6. vyvojar

vyvojar MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2016
    Honestly, v12 is just a trainwreck, it is not the only feature they canned. v11 is where it's at. I use vmware only in places where customer does not want vbox because "it's free, therefore crap". It's not bad, but vbox is not worse either at this point.

7. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

VMWare is generally way better than VBox to manage video/multimedia/games, but vbox is good enough for most people.

The other Linux solutions are good as well but are more competitors of HV rather than Vmware or Vbox.

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #49 Joe C, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016

Not sure...
    discuss robbing a bank and killing some peeps for the sake of allah on skype and let us know what happens

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Autodesk AutoCAD is a $5000.00 +/- program just by itself. To see what it's really capable of doing requires a FX or i7 w/ a gaming level GPU. They abandon the Linux version Years ago, and frankly any Mac capable of running it is just far too expensive. Sure, it'll "Run" in VM, but running and performing are two different things. :g: Maybe Bat has just installed too many "Shared" copies and that's the reason for the subscription :eek:

12. kattekop

kattekop MDL Novice

Apr 23, 2010
    #52 kattekop, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    (OP)
    Thanks everyone, for your comments on a tough subject.

I'm novice over here, and I started this thread.
    This is different than closing a process its thread.
    Say, speaking about m$, how do I myself end what I started here? :D

This thread can be closed.

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Requested by OP to close.