Replacing modules within BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by numberonekiwi, Sep 3, 2010.

1. numberonekiwi

numberonekiwi MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2010
    Hi first time poster here, and reading through some post here show how to patch bios for slic etc and I am able to do this with awardtool1.43

However what I would like to do is replace certain modules with that from slightly different Mother boards.

Some of the modules I want to replace are ACPITBL.BIN, ACHI8RAID.BIN, AHCI9AHCI.BIN for starters.

Methods tried
    cbrom x48ds5.f8f /xxx extract ( all files I need )
    cbrom x48ds5.f8f /xxx release in reverse order of /d flag
    cbrom x48ds5.f8f /xxx xxx.xxx in correct order

If I try this just using the files extracted I can flash using qFlash with a slightly different checksum - so this method looks like it may work

Howver when i use
    cbrom x48ds5.f8f /xxx newfile.xxx on modules I want replacing it seems to be fine no errors from cbrom however when using qFlash I get invalid checksum
    If I use @BIOS it seems to flash but on reboot it recovers from backup bios.
    What I need to find out is how to fix this error I think it may have something to do with MINIT and GV3 modules at a different location. if so how is this fixed ?

Thanks

Shaun

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The problem is cbrom. It cannot handle newly released award bioses.
    You need to post a link to your bios or at least a oversight of the modules' order.../D..best results with cbrom 1.96..there are sensitive modules whose offsets shouldn't be changed....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...