[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    You can always use DoH (Chrome, Firefox, New Edge), there is no way, ISP can block that and if he does, then you computer is either infected (like if you are using some software provided by ISP) or hacked and that is that.

2. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Thank you for your help .

I'm one of those wierdos that go to both of those github sites every day and read everything . A few hours ago I turned DOH off in DNSCrypt ...... because it isnt safe enough ...... for me :) ....... according to what jedisct1 says = DNSCrypt has better / more modern encryption .

BUT ...... as i said ...... i'm not a technical expert so if you or anyone else wants to dispute what HE says please contact him and ask him ...... and then post the answer here .

I'm out now because i've said my thing and dont want to hijack this thread .

3. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >For the last time:

Halleluja !!!

>you're using the wrong tool for the job and then complain it does not work!

Are you replying to me ? If so please stick to what i've actualy said ....... i didnt complain i stated what i've read ....... and my experience ........ and ask the developers if you dissagree with them ? ...... and tell us what they say :)

What ' job ' do you mean ? And whats wrong with doing the ' job ' i want ? = The one its advertised to do .

Thank you for your opinion .

6. shewolf

shewolf MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2015
    For users, taking advantage of encrypted DNS services from Cloudflare, Google, or any other privacy-focused DNS services is not as easy as changing a number in network settings. No operating system currently directly supports any of the encrypted DNS services without the addition of some less-than-consumer-friendly software. And not all of the services are created equal in terms of software support and performance.

Google and Cloudflare both appear to favor DNS over HTTPS, also known as DoH, as the future of encrypted DNS. A draft IETF standard, the DoH protocol encapsulates DNS requests with secure HTTP—turning DNS requests into encrypted Web traffic.

However, it's also important to note that these services alone do not ensure your browsing is concealed. The Server Name Indicator (SNI) extension of TLS, used in HTTPS connections, can still reveal in plain text the name of the site you're visiting if the server it is on hosts multiple sites.

Working with the DNSCrypt protocol as a developer is a bit of a challenge. DNSCrypt is not particularly well documented, and there are not a lot of implementations of it. DNSCrypt Proxy is the only client in active development that we could find, and OpenDNS has stopped supporting development.

The other problem is that while the fine folks in the DNSCrypt community have done great work, this kind of privacy is still too hard for average people. While I found it relatively easy to configure some of these encrypted DNS clients, none of them is exactly easy for normal Internet users to implement. For these services to become really useful, they have to be better integrated into the stuff people buy—home routers and desktop and mobile operating systems

For total privacy, you'll still need to use a VPN or Tor, to encapsulate your traffic in a way that your ISP or some other party monitoring your traffic can't scrape metadata from (and none of these services work with Tor). And if you're dealing with a state-funded adversary, all bets are off.

:eek:

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    There's a third one to mention: DoT (DNS over TLS). Currently using it with the unbound resolver. But, true, it's not exactly user-friendly.

Luckily, my router supports DoT natively.

8. shewolf

shewolf MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2015
  9. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Thanks. By the way, MS has added 2 new ones instead of renaming the current ones as it used to (AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener/CDPUserSvc):
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\Diagtrack-Listener" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    sc config CDPSvc start= disabled

10. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    Sneaky ******

Thx, added.

11. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
  12. haz367

haz367 MDL Addicted

Jan 11, 2020
    @zbigniew59

Well spotted :) my bad......

It's obviously SOFTWARE (TK_SOFTWARE) is from mounted registry/offline wim. Fixed the 4 entries :)

13. Dgk

Dgk MDL Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Dont forget you are supposed to pay 200$ for this "product" aahah

14. jasonzxc

jasonzxc MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2019
    I am going to install Windows 10 Enterprise v2004 but I don't know how to fully stop the telemetry.
    Can someone please help me to do that since I am a newbie and don't know much.

15. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
  16. Rinsewind

Rinsewind MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2011
    What will happen if svchost.exe is totally blocked in firewall?