[REPO] Windows 10 TELEMETRY REPOSITORY

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Yen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
    2020-07-27_130451.jpg

Microsoft will force you to update older versions of Windows.
    Microsoft has confirmed the transition to a new phase in the distribution of the latest major Windows 10 update. As a result, Windows 10 May 2020 Update is now available for a much wider range of devices, including older computers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    #1223 vladnil, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    #1224 vladnil, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  4. shewolf

shewolf MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2015
    #1225 shewolf, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  5. BetADNA

BetADNA MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2015
  6. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Thanks for answers :)

For clarity ---- >

The post in the link i posted isnt from me . I just posted it here because it's similar but not the same as the problem i wrote about earlyer in this thread that happened to me ...... So that people could think about it any maybe explain it . So we know if and what DNSCrypt does / doesnt / can do .

I didnt follow what was written after that because when i get the feeling that a thread is about to become abusive i leave it ....... and i dont follow threads anyway .

I have no clue about technical things ........ but ....... :) ....... the problem in that linked post doesnt seem to me to be difficult to explain . The ISP ' sees ' that the user is useing DNSCrypt ...... the same as when they can see that a person is useing TOR and blocks it / slows it down ...... and just redirects the trafic through / to their server . That doesnt mean that they can realy see anything ........ except where a person wants to go ?

What i wrote about was that i was useing DNSCrypt and the ISP told me where i wanted to go and blocked it . If DNSCrypt works that shouldnt / couldnt happen ?

@ DNSCrypt proxy ....... I use it because it should :) be easyer to set the toml file up in DNSCrypt than just me changing things i dont understand and cocking them up . ..... BUT ..... I dont like it :) ...... because quite often when its used to set up DNSCrypt DNSCrypt doesnt always start with the system ....... so ...... i also use the instaler in the DNSCrypt package to install it as a service .

@ Things i dont understand :) ---- >

Firefox recently forced unsafe cyphers on to it ...... that cant be removed or blocked ...... citing corona as the reason !!! :) ...... = when i go into the net my first signal goes to my ISPs server ( ? ) ...... useing MY prefered ' safer ' cyphers ...... the server refuses them and only answers with the ' unsafe ' cyphers = Before i even get to a DNSCrypt server connection they have killed :) / damaged it / hyjacked it / made it useless / degraded it ?

@ Geneva

Sounds good ...... at first :) ...... BUT ...... claims are claims and up untill now the other side hasnt responded ? = We often hear about realy realy good ideas ....... super safety ...... and then someone cracks it :) ......

>When Geneva is running on a computer that is sending out web requests through a censor, Geneva modifies how data is broken up and sent, so that the censor does not recognize forbidden content or is unable to censor the connection.

Same as with TOR cant the ISP ' see ' it and block it ? = Use software to detect the ' confused ' geneva packets and block the connection ?

Other problem ? ....... It doesnt make holes it finds them ...... faster than a human ? ...... so ...... The chinese government get themselves a ' Geneva ' and test their servers / censoprship mechanisms with it ......... find the things that geneva finds and blocks them ?

7. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    This is why we are using a VPN tunnel. Behind it, the provider does not see anything what you are doing, and in the inside of the tunnel you will already write the DNS resolvers themselves what you want. Using VPN does not provide security guarantees! Security is when you have your own personal server in China that goes to you through a dozen routers located in different countries of the world.

8. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    If you start with these beliefs there is no help for you, or maybe yes, turn off your PC power switch!

:eek:

9. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Thank you for your reply . I'm not sure if i understand you ? Are you saying that the only safe thing with the internet is turning it off ?

OR

Are you saying the best security is to close ones eyes and ears , turn off ones intelligence , dont ask questions and just trust commercial companys ........ and that one should just acept that and shut up ?

For clarity ...... what i'm saying / asking is ---- > DNSCrypt is advertised as security software . I'm asking what security does it offer ? Security from who ? ---- > Because ......... the only people we have to protect ourselves against are ISPs / governments ? .......... and the person that makes the software says it doesnt work if ISPs / governments dont want it to ?

I'm not sure about other people but for me that looks like theres no point in it and it only gives ignorant people a false sense of security ........ and ' protection ' from people who present no risk ?

10. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
  11. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
  12. BetADNA

Jul 26, 2015
    Thanks for the info, ill take a look :)

13. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    Use your own configured Tor, if you do it right you will have full control of everything, not everything is given away.
    For some things one should make an effort to understand.

exit.PNG

:eek:

14. kyrcy

kyrcy MDL Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I read somewhere that using Tor makes no sense because of the telemetry in Windows 10. Is this statement correct/accurate?

15. vladnil

Jan 19, 2019
    Telemetry, payment terminals, payment systems, Windows 10 and TOR are different things.
    Through TOR your Bank debit transactions do not take place. Is it tantamount to saying how Telemetry will affect Torrent? No way!