[Request] [AMI] Samsung Series 7 Slate PC Unlock

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Valkirie, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #21 Yen, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    To move items would be more complex. I know how other BIOSes work to unlock. There is always a module that controls the settings by setting a special value.
    I am not sure if the current version of AMIBCP is able to unlock main menus. Every menu has an ID and it seems byte 01 means default and byte 05 means USER, 07 means SUPERVISOR.
    I have PM'ed a member since version 4.53 of AMIBCP has already leaked.

I'll post here details when I get more. I hope others can join here, too. Module B1DA0ADF-4F77-4070-A88E-BFFE1C60529A is the key module...module 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 holds the names.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Valkirie

Valkirie MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    I hop you’ll find your way threw this BIOS.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    Ok. Will wait for your news then :) WE COUNT ON YOU! lol

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Probably a dumb question. After you've flashed your mod EFI what have you done?
    Have you entered the EFI setup and LOADED the new defaults? F9 and saved / exit F10

ATM I am stuck for today, will have a look at weekend again. :)
    BTW what happens if it bricks? Can you return your slate then?

6. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    I edited couple of default values, flashed, and LOADED those new defaults.

If this slate bricks then I'll try to return it to Samsung saying their flashing tool crashed during process...

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    So the hidden menu doesn't appear after flash, load and save defaults and reboot......, right?

Later I get a new version of mdl member qtm, amibcp 4.53 I guess. I will post it here then......hopfully it got some more options.
    Have you tested to unlock a sub option of a already visible main menu to check if that works?
    This at least should, I wonder if supervisor would work.

Cya later...;)

8. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    Hey Yen,

• Menu doesn't appeared after flash, load new defaults, save & reboot.
    • I'm using AMIBCP 4.50.0.36 (AMI documentation refer to Drag&Drop function which is missing right now).
    • I'll unlock a sub menu toonight to see it it works.
    • I already thought about Supervisor but I don't know how to activate it. Is it an option ? Touch to press while booting ?

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  10. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
  11. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    Bump. Any news Yen ?

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Wow they have threatened that you lose warranty when fiddling with it, they suck. Your modifications are non-Samsung approved, lol.

Not yet. It seems nobody has managed to unlock a main menu at EFI yet.
    Interesting would be to know where the defaults are set. I mean there must be some info which menu is hidden at default and which are visible. At your EFI some are even twice at the EFI.

Any news from yourself?
    Have you tried supervisor instead of USER? Or unlocked a sub menu? :D

13. Buckstr

Buckstr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2012
    Valkirie, did you try to dump you bios nvram using scedos.exe tool? I was trying to play with this and can't get the tool to work. I booted in dos and ran the tool but it hangs and I am wondering if it will provide a dump for an aptio bios. Let me know if it worked for you.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Have you access to the UEFI shell?

Then you can use the dmpstore command to dump it.

15. Buckstr

Buckstr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2012
    Thanks for the suggestion Yen. I cannot boot the UEFI shell, I have the option to enable in bios but it just boots like regular. I wonder if I have the shell installed in the UEFI partition. Seems like I should be able to save shell.efi in this partition then enable the UEFI shell boot in the bios, now I have to figure out how to save this shell.efi into this hidden partition. This UEFI stuff is new and strange to me.

16. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    #36 Valkirie, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    No sir,

Let's say I would like to investigate more in scedos tool or that kind of stuff since I don't necessarily want to access the 'BIOS menu' but fix the iGFX Frequency.

What I would like to get is something like that (this command is pure buls**t):

Code:
    SCEDOS /set 0x00F4A012 1500
    0x00F4A012 : iGFX Frequency adress
    1500 : iGFX new value
    I would have to dump every actual value and search for something like 1100 Mhz (actual iGFX frequency) then force the new value.
    Dunno if it's possible or if it's the good tool.

I hate UEFI !

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Do not forget we are just at the beginning to investigate about UEFI.
    You have luck regarding one aspect.
    Your EFI is neither encrypted nor digitally signed.
    I have one which is both. I simply try to add IDs of a WWAN card a user has bought. Unfortunately he was not informed about that HP 'protects' the EFI to avoid any modifications. He is not allowed to run it.

Greetings from the UEFI era! Long live restrictions.

18. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    #38 Valkirie, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    We're living in a bad era Yen.

Here are my investigation about AMISCE in order to change iGFX Frequency. (not tested yet)

Save current CMOS
    Code:
    SCEDOS /O myCMOS.txt
    Searching for iGFX Frequency
    Code:
    Setup Question = iGFX Frequency
    Token = 03A7
    BIOS Default = ??
    MFG Default = ??
    Value = 1100
    Editing value to 1550
    Code:
    Setup Question = iGFX Frequency
    Token = 03A7
    BIOS Default = ??
    MFG Default = ??
    Value = 1550

Update CMOS
    Code:
    SCEDOS /I myCMOS.txt

ERROR 4: Retrieving HII Database
    ERROR 4: Dumping HII Database to File

19. Buckstr

Buckstr MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2012
    I am a little confused Valkrire. Did you get a my CMOS.txt file by just using the command SCEDOS /O mycmos.txt ? What do you mean by not tested yet?. I am asking because if I try SCEDOS /O somename.txt, the program won't run without all the other arguments.

20. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    #40 Valkirie, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    (OP)
    I tested something like SCEDOS /o /s myCMOS.txt and get a double ERROR 4.
    How did you manage to access the nvram ? To boot in UEFI Shell ? What is the format of the file you get by dumping threw UEFI shell ?