[Request] [AMI] Samsung Series 7 Slate PC Unlock

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Valkirie, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Valkirie

Valkirie MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2011
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I guess some have a wrong imagination what a EFI actually is.

Consider it as a range of memory where it is actually located. An update that is provided by the OEM is an image of it. It's like when you make an image of a HDD.
    It consists of different parts, partitions. There it are FV firmware volumes.

So if you open a EFI image that comes from the OEM with AMIBCP it shows up all menu contents.
    If you change some values and flash it after it might be that some of the parts don't become updated at all. Or they get updated but the changes don't take effect.

The flash tool is configured to update mostly some parts only, but not all.
    NVRAM and bootblock for instance are special parts.
    I asked you for the dump because I want to check if the changes you have applied to the EFI are later found at the dump at all.

I'll check the update to get info which parts are flashed. It could be that the changes you have made with AMIBCP aren't flashed onto the chip.
    Your pic you have attached shows a setting of a menu that isn't active at your EFI setup, you can't access it there.

So you either can find the value somewhere (at NVRAM) and alter it directly without to unhide the menu that allows to alter it, or you can unlock the menu to alter it at the EFI setup.
    But you don't have to define a variable, since it is defined already.
    You actually don't know if the changes are applied to the chip, right?
    Please provide all extracted files not the EFI image only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks.
    In the dump you have made should also be dumped the NVRAM...
    Please note 1100 = 044C hexadecimal so search for byte sequence 4C 04 (is probably found reversed)

Default IGFx clock is 1100 and you want to change it to 1500?

Need to have a look...this takes time...;)

6. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    This method is far too dangerous... I know from Intel my HD Graphics have a maximum frequency set to 1100, I'm not sur this value is set somewhere on the BIOS at this time (maybe only when set by user). Any other way to access this value ?

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #47 Yen, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

I don't get what you mean, if the above had worked it'd be the same...:confused:

My idea is to locate the original value at NVRAM (NVRAM of the EFI image), to increase it to 1500 and then to flash the EFI mod....

8. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    #48 Valkirie, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    (OP)
    1. The post above didn't worked. I get a double ERROR 4.
    2. Editing ROM using hexa editor sounds too dangerous.
    What now ? Remember I'm a newbie...

Let's do that then... ?

9. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    #49 Valkirie, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    (OP)
    Changed every User/Access from main menu to Chipset lowest options to Supervisor. Still not able to change iGFX Frequency... Need some help.

10. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Should work. Try it :)

11. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    When using AMISCE into DOS i get this: ERROR 4: Retrieving HII Database
    ERROR 4: Dumping HII Database to File

12. dawntodon

dawntodon MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2012
    hi. I hope this doesn't count as hijacking this thread but it seems as if this particular topic has generated much interest and attention and I was wondering if on a brief side-note, just how easy it would be to simply make visible the advanced menu as shown in the gif, without getting into tweaking the GPU's settings. My objective would be to simply show the disable/enable toggle option for the dedicated graphics card so that I can change that along with some of the hidden boot options (quick boot and silent boot toggle). I actually tried to do this as detailed in another thread that I can't link and bricked my laptop. This is what I wrote:

One detail I neglected to mention in the linked thread was that I had "toggled" the silent boot and quick boot options in AMIBCP. I also noticed that the settings for (advanced ->switchable graphics) was already set to [show,yes], while it wasn't showing in the BIOS at all. Well, the laptop's now on its way back from being repaired and I would really appreciate a safe way to flash my BIOS. Thanks!

13. Jarun

Jarun MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2009
    I am currently trying to enable a hidden menu as well. There is one thing I have noticed.

Every menu in AMIBCP First lists a string that contains the name of the menu. But the next string is always "(0013) BIOS SETUP UTILITY"

The advanced hardware menu that allows for cpu and chipset fan threshold editing... which I really need access to.... Is the only menu that doesn't show up. And it is missing the "(0013) BIOS SETUP UTILITY" string after the menu title string.

I wonder if there is someway to insert this string into the menu and if it would then show up. AMIBCP seems to allow moving and removal of strings, but not adding them.

14. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    I would love to see this working...

15. Valkirie

Jul 26, 2011
    UP ! Any news ?

16. bstarr119

bstarr119 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2012
    I recently purchased the slate 7 and ran some of my favorite games on it (Bad Company 2) and it was quite laggy. So I thought that I might have maxed out the mobile hd 3000, however I was running the itunes vizualizer (lagily) with gpu-z rnning in the background and noticed somathing in particular. The clock speed on the hd 3000 was only spiking at 1150 mhz very rarely, but not maintaining a constant clock speed. This got me thinking if the higher clock speed could be maintained the mobile hd 3000 could be put to use on some more modern games like BC2. This is because I have seen normally clocked hd 3000 IGPU's running BC2 at normal frames per second. Now maybe this is an issue that intel needs to address with a driver update or could be fixed by a bios mod. Overclocking this IGPU to 1500mhz sounds awsome and I would be up for such an adventure.

Recently, the bios modding of the samsung slate 7 has been over look and I think it needs some real attention because this compact, mobile device holds some real potential never before seen.

Perhaps if there were some peice of software that could trick the hd 3000 into turbo boost mode we could see a great amount of performance increase and those WEI scores go upwards :biggrin:

Hope this gets some attention I will be posting this everywhere I can, thanks!

17. Peter0961

Peter0961 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    :confused:

no new information here ????

:weeping: