Request for original Gateway sx2840 Bios or similar. Not Bios Mod Request.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by winito, Apr 21, 2013.

1. winito

winito MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2013
    #1 winito, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Hi

Long story short.

In my Gateways sx2840 I flashed a modded Bios of an Acer AX3900 which is a clone of my Gateway. The Modded Bios works fine since is the same for both machines

(If you download the Bios update for the Gatewaysx2840, it is actually the same Bios that you can download from the Acer website for the model AX)

However, when I flashed the Modded Acer Bios the first time, I realized that the flash utility didn't flash all the blocks over the original bios, so I reflashed the Bios again but this time rewriting all the blocks.

The PC is working fine as always with all the new features of the unlocked modded bios, but now the Gateway has turned into an Acer PC :eek:. Nothing wrong with it but now it has this ugly Acer logo when I turn it on. And that happened after I flashed all the blocks over the original bios the second time that I did the flash.

I was wondering is there is some user of the Gateway sx2840/sx2841/sx2850/sx2851 or similar who can make a full back up/dump of his Gateway sx PC that I can use to flash it on my machine so I can get rid of that ugly Acer logo when I turn it on. So I can reflash again my modded bios but this time without rewriting all the blocks.

plz :worthy:

2. lanana

lanana MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2022
    hey winito, do you still have the bios for the AX3900?

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Have you tried doing the AMI BIOS recovery method? Just rename the BIOS file to "AMIBOOT.ROM" and follow the directions below.

AMIBIOS supports a "recovery flash" mode, which can be used to flash update a BIOS from the boot block. This is used to update a BIOS image without the need to boot to an operating system. The following is the process that user should follow to flash BIOS ROM.

1. Put the AMIBoot.ROM to a bootable USB flash drive(Disk on Key, DOK).
    2. Install the DOK to the system.
    3. Press power button to boot the system and then press Ctrl + Home.
    4. The BIOS recovery function will be executed.
    5. After BIOS is updated completely, the system will auto reboot.
    6. Please enter the setup menu to load default after system reboot.​

4. lanana

lanana MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2022
    I tried it multiple times but it seems there are no signs of it flashing the bios. No beep, no reboot, still blank screen, just cpu fan spinning forever.
    I created a bootable usb flash drive using rufus and copy AMIBOOT.rom to root directory.
    Is it possible the usb keyboard not recognized on boot? I dont have a PS/2 keyboard to try at the moment.