Rooting a device....

Discussion in 'Android' started by ThomasMann, Apr 13, 2018.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I am looking for a forum, where users discuss the subject of software for rooting phones and tablets.

Any suggestions? Thanks

2. bsup68

bsup68 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2018
    I've found a lot of info and help on xda-developers

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    #4 tonto11, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    If you google your specific phone and model +the specific model of operating system it has + root
    you will find a series of pages that will show you easy to apply processes to root your phone

There are literally thousands of pages on the subject and it's easy to get lost in a maze of stuff
    that obfuscates the process.

If you constrain the search to your model and o/s you will reduce the size of the maze
    and ease the process.

Once you've got your mind around that you can change the search limits to other models and versions of o/s to see how that affects the process. My own experience has been with Moto, Moto Q9h with Win o/s, Blackberry and Android.

...T

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I am familiar with those, and none of them have a working answer, that is why I am asking....

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    In that case, it's highly suggested to post all relevant details about the Device and what you like to do, as well as any other relevant info!

Until right now, there isn't any relevant question of you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

And the reason is, that the relevant question had been asked several days ago, but no relevant answer to that question was forthcoming, because the question was too specific.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/wanted-root-for-huawei-m3-bah-w09.76756/#post-1424303

So now I asked the question which for me NOW is the relevant question, which is: Does anyone know another forum than xda, where such questions have a chance of getting an answer...

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #8 Yen, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  10. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I am sorry Yen, to have wasted your time, we live in different time zones....

It may be possible to unlock the bootloader somehow, on the normal way, it will not work. Whenever you use adb on the cmd window, Huawei's software switches off USB debugging. I have installed, de-installed and re-installed several softwares and drivers, and after wasting around 30 hours in the last two weeks without getting to the stage where I can finally enter the unlock key... I have factory reset it and returned the tablet.
    Returning the tablet has done wonders for the quality of my sleep last night.

As I said, I am wrote I wrote this a day too late, to save you your time, and be sure, I appreciate you work.

11. dinosaur07

dinosaur07 MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Avoid doing this thing, i ruined the warranty of my phone with this "action". So do it at your own risk. :)

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #12 Yen, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Don't worry yourself....you don't have wasted my time. I just wrote down briefly how it would have worked...maybe you have sent it back too early....:D

It's reported that the device sometimes loses USB debugging, yes...but that's no issue since it gets listed with fastboot devices.....the people who got it rooted could send the fastboot oem unlock command in time....
    I have confirmation at another forum that it works with Magisk v16.
    I also know that there is no right TWRP for the WiFi version, but with 'my' method you don't need one...

Nobody 'ruins' something with that by accident. You have agreed with their terms and conditions which are clearly worded at the unlock procedure. :D

In the EU for instance they have to grant warranty even if rooted within 2 years of purchase.
    Huawei is not able to 'overrule' national laws.

I know from Samsung that they still grant warranty, so I suppose Huawei would do it as well. :)

13. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    The thing simply had too many bugs. ezPDF stopped working a very few minutes, and you even have to find the page you were on, completely new. A real nuisance when you read a book. The tablet even rebootet on its own occasionally.
    No, I am feel quite relieved that it is gone. I must have wwasted 30 hours without even getting the bootloader unlocked!

I hava an ASUS and a Koibo tablet, which were both rooted ion 5 minutes with Kingroot, or the kind. Assuming that this normal was indeed the one mistake I made...

At the moment I am thinking about a Samsung 580 or 585, but I will make sure I know if and how to root it.
    Even in Landscape it is very hard to read medical books on a 7". So I will need a 10".
    In Summer I will be in Europe and notebooksbilliger usually has good stuff....

So, thanks again.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    OK.
    I myself had and still have Samsung devices. I'm with Samsung since the Galaxy S. I like their products. I also had provided own mods on XDA that time.

Feel free to post here again if you want info how to root Samsung.
    The huge difference to Huawei is that they come with an unlocked bootloader already (except the monopolistic branded ones such as AT&T)...
    And there is a handy program called Odin that is used instead of fastboot to flash images...

Once written an unsigned image through it the device gets 'counted' forever. The so called Knox counter....
    But you do not lose warranty here in EU. I know positive examples from friends.

15. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    I have a Galaxy note tablet that is in pefect condition but is not much use these days, its been left behind. Is there much to be gained by Rooting it?

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #16 Yen, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  17. tinytor

tinytor MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2018
    I second you should definitely check out xda-developers. XDA is one of the best websites/forums for exactly what you are looking for. Just search for your specific device and there will be options for apps/themes/ROMs/mods and roots.

Good Luck!