Site problems ?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by genuine555, Nov 6, 2009.

1. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Something wrong with the reply applets. Noticed it before, but it's getting worse : All layout gets lost when replying a post, and smileys, link option and all other buttons don't work. This is happening very frequently the last few days. Admins or mods might wanna check it out... Sincerely

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What browser are you using?

I encountered problems with MDL site. Soemtimes it's not reachable. It was better before (old server)..

Maybe the admin can give some info....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    This usually (and guaranteed) happens when you disable scripts.

Its like that with all vB based boards, (others too though), so if you are using NoScript, be sure to allow mydigitallive.info

If you dont have NoScript (or if mdl.info is already allowed) then there is probably something wrong with the scripts or the scripthandling on the forumserver...

PS: Works fine for me so the forum seems to be OK. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #4 genuine555, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    (OP)
    I do use Noscript in FF, but I have mdl allowed. This just happens from tiime to time, bro. If it was a script issue, I would face it constantly.
    It usually happens at night. That would be the early evening for u guys.

EDIT : Now it's fine again. Everything works, didn't do anything myself. I bet it'll happen again though. Nothing wrong with FF here, cause this is the only site where I'm experiencing the issue.

5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Well im sure its still a problem with the scripts because thats what triggers this very phenomenon. Never saw it happening because of anything else.

Whether this is due to a problem on your side or one on the server side is of course tough to tell from here, but im sure the administration will take a look to see if they can do anything about it.

Should it ever happen to me i will be sure to post it here...:)

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    We'll wait and see. Very curious

7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    No issues as of yet. Everything is dandy.
    Haven't disabled Noscript, mdl still alowed.

Will post here if it happens again. :cool:

8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    It's happening again just now. At work today, everything fine. I just came home, and same issue as couple days before. I expect it to go away again in a couple of hours. So has anyone mod or admin had a look into the issue ? could be the site ? Sincerely

9. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Can you show a screenshot?

10. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Now it's just the reply applet. The buttons such as smileys, add link,... they don't work. Can't push them. So smiley's I can do manually but the rest I can't use for now. You won't see that in a screenshot, so... The layout stays this time though.

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Also edit doesn't work. I can push the save button but nothing happens. I have to refresh the page, and do a new reply instead.

12. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Try other browser?

13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Found the culprit. Rather stupid actually :eek:

I knew it was a fault in FF scripts, so I kept looking at noscript settings.

Turns out I still had stylish add-on still installed. It takes over certain FF scripts, and doesn't go well with noscript. It hit me when I looked through the add-ons, and stumbeled upon the stylish add-on. Thought I removed it a while ago, but seems I somehow forgot that.

As it took over those FF scripts, noscript decided to block them, and so functionality was blocked from time to time.:rolleyes:

Problem solved :D

14. Kenward

Kenward MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    I am new to this forum. I hope I can learn from this.
    See you around.