SLIC ISA Method question

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ciscokid, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Hopefully Yen can answer this question. Exactly how are the ISA.BIN files created? Can I make my own ISA.BIN files from the .bin files floating around?

The ISA.BIN files seem to be about 1K in length, the SLIC .bin files are much shorter. Can you help me make ISA.BIN files from SLIC tables?

In a related question, I have tried both the Dell ISA.BIN and the HP ISA.BIN with my Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3g motherboard. The Dell works perfectly and activates using the Dell certificate and Dell Ultimate key, the HP mod does not want to activate at all.

I checked the HP mod with Everest and everything is fine, it shows RSDT and SLIC. The SLIC module is shown as HPQOEM and SLIC-MPC which is correct. When I use an HP Ultimate key and the HP certificate, it refuses to activate.

Is there something wrong with the HP ISA.BIN file or the HP certificate maybe?

I am happy with the Dell mod, but would like to be able to use the HP as well.

Thanks for any help Yen, I appreciate it!!

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Thanks, Yen. I will give it a try. I appreciate all your work. :)

Do you know why only I can only get ASUS and Dell SLIC to work with Vista on my motherboard? Anything other than those two refuse to activate, it just keeps saying "30 days remaining to activate". When I use Dell SLIC, the little blue "Genuine" box shows up right away as soon as I put in the cert and the key. The HP cert and key refuse to activate, even though Everest reports everything is correct with RSDT and SLIC. :(

Is it because I leave UAC on when I do the activation maybe?