Softbios vs flashed - compatability inside vista.. (gigabyte e7aum)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Gigahype, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Gigahype

Gigahype MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    Hi!

I'm really new to this scene, so please bare with me. :)
    I have a gigabyte e7aum and I have read that a few brave people have modded the bios and gotten it to work.

I managed to activate through activator 2.1.3. This however gave some wierd problems in Vista. Some of the gigabyte software wont work when I use a softbios solution. I guess that the softbios (asus i think) somehow remains recognized in the system thus resulting in incompatability issues (ie gigabyte software crashing, but working as soon as I uninstall the activator).

My question is that will the modified bios work better?

(A little extra question: is there anymore I have to do with the bios if I want to run a dualboot with OSX and vista64)

A huge thanks in advance!

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gigahype

Gigahype MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    I will definately give it a try ! Thanks to all that was involved. :)

I read something about DSDT table for hackintosh and that some requested a patch for it in the forums in order to get all cores working on the CPU. I have a core2duo. I guess my question is if I have to patch this bios in order to be able to dual boot vista and osx (with all cores?)?

.. Maybe I should just try it out and see if the problems occur as described in insanelymac's forums?

Tanks in advance.