SP1 detect ISA bios Mod

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by FABIGUI, Dec 28, 2007.

1. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
  2. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    yes thats sp1...you been using s3 sleep mode?

3. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    what mobo do you have by the way?

4. Crusi

Crusi MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2007
    This is not problem with bios mod or even oem system. I had the same problem long time ago on orginal vista rtm. Probably this is virus or something like that. Reinstalling your system shuld help you fix it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    no its been reported even on clean installations with gigabyte mobos see neowin

6. Nil Einne

Nil Einne MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2007
    So this problem only occurs with S3 Sleep mode? I.E. If you never use or disable S3 sleep mode Vista SP1 will never detect your ISA bios mod?

7. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes I never shut down the computer I use S3 suspend mode I have a tyan motherboard, I just change the the bios mod to dynamic it works perfect, this is a very nice tool for mod a award bios.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #8 Yen, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
    There is no code to prevent ISA mod so far. That's just a coincidence at some bios, ISA code and SP1 RC1.
    There is some interference with the ACPI tables which also handles sleepstates. It's often a sleepstate problem at bioses, because the bios code is sometimes buggy or programmed sloppy.

@Fabigui: Which tool do you mean? If you mean AWARDSLIC you have to be very careful. This was one of the first auto tools which makes a dynamic mod. The development of that tool has been stopped at March 2007, because other methods are easier to realize. It caused many bricked boards, cause it's complicated to realize that method as a automatic tool.
    IMO it makes no sense to respond to SP1 until there is no final version. After the release of it, we will see what is to do....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, Yen and it works fine I tried almost all of them and the first one works fine, but if something goes wrong you have to do a hotflash,is the risk of biosmod!! I olso change the brand and the OEM SNK no problem windows is activated.:)

10. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    what the hell thought i'd try it any way....gigabyte 965p-ds3 rev 3.3 bios booted up but would not boot machine...stopped at crcdisk.sys driver ;)