Stop ACTA and TPP

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by R29k, Feb 10, 2012.

1. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Ahh my dear friend where did I say that any of it was simple or easy...and further more if you would take a minute or two to think about it, you know that I agree with you and you with me on this issue..

Trying to deligitimize my opinion so you can assert yours is hardly going to get it done, when were on the same side of the issue, so back the fxxk off..

Don't patronize me nodnar..I know I am worthy of more than that.

So in the mean time turn your frustration elsewhere
    and join me as I follow the words of my friend

2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    sorry redroad,
    no patronising intended..
    and the frustration was not aimed at you
    my friend..:hug2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #23 Yen, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    Planned demonstrations against ACTA on 09th of June: (new locations will be added when confirmed.)

[​IMG]

I can understand nodnar in a way. People need to be organized. One man alone cannot do much. And frustration is a human reaction then....but every 'shot down drone' is a success.
    The Germans for instance can join a demonstration against ACTA again 9th of June.

I keep myself informed through the web. There I can choose my sources and I am the boss.
    Source: http://www.stopacta.de/werde-aktiv-2/demonstrationen-09-06-2012/

When watching TV I have to watch what 'they' want to tell me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    so very true, yen,

and i guess that`s another frustration..
    if you want to keep yourself informed,
    there is no alternative to the web,
    the established tv channels are just
    another drone..

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes and the web is far more independent than television broadcaster are. They are influenced by commercials (companies), 'common' politics....
    Here for instance I know where I have to go when protesting against ACTA.

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Sat TV feed-hunters might disagree somewhat - finding raw data/unedited reports being fed to the 'grand centrals' is possible... and fun sometimes...:cool:

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    quite.
    funny thing about acta protests, to my eyes, was that the farther east in
    europe, the more people protest against it. [ only ~200 here in amsterdam
    2 months ago, for instance..] against tens of thousands in poland..almost as
    if we think we have a luxery problem here in the western part..
    while acta will affect all in the same way..

8. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    @ gorski,

yes, that can be done, undoubtedly.
    point is, it is such a small minority
    that uses satellite tv in that way..
    the masses still consume what the
    local tv stations please to tell us..

which comes down to low-interest
    human interest stories, and no
    real news..

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Europe declares independence from Hollywood with ACTA vote

The European Parliament voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to reject the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. The vote blocks the treaty from taking effect in EU member states, and is likely to make the treaty a dead letter around the world.European and American officials have long insisted that ratifying ACTA would not require any substantive changes to European or US laws. Indeed, when President Obama signed ACTA in October, he argued that, because ACTA does not change US law, he could call it an "executive agreement" rather than a treaty, thereby bypassing the Senate ratification process.So why did he sign a treaty if it does nothing more than maintain the status quo? The point seems to have been to establish US- and EU-style copyright laws as a global standard, and then use that to pressure less-developed nations to beef up their copyright laws.The European Parliament's rejection of ACTA, by a vote of 478 to 39, leaves that strategy in shambles. It will be hard for the United States to argue that ACTA represents an international standard after the treaty was defeated so decisively across the pond.
    [h=3]ACTA's implosion[/h]
    ACTA's future in Europe has been in doubt since early this year, when activists in Poland and elsewhere took to the streets against the treaty. Countries began backing away from the agreement, and several committees of the EU parliament voted against its ratification.Hoping that a favorable ruling would bolster support, the European Commission asked the European Court of Justice to weigh in on the rules. But the European Parliament pushed forward with its own vote without waiting for the ECJ's ruling.On Wednesday, EU trade commissioner Karel De Gucht pledged to continue the proceeding before the ECJ despite the Parliament's vote."Today's rejection does not change the fact that the European Commission has committed itself to seeking answers to the questions raised by the European public," he said, according to the BBC. "The European Commission will continue to seek the legal opinion of the European Court of Justice on whether this agreement harms any of the fundamental rights of European citizens—including freedom of speech."
    [h=3]"Virtually unthinkable"[/h]
    In a blog post, Canadian law professor Michael Geist called it a "remarkable development that was virtually unthinkable even a year ago." He argued that the growing opposition to ACTA in Europe has had "ripple effects" in Australia and elsewhere.He noted that ACTA could still technically come into force if six countries ratify it. But, he said, the agreement is now "badly damaged and will seemingly never achieve the goals of its supporters as a model for other countries to adopt."ACTA opponents hailed the vote. "Access is ecstatic that the Parlament today, by an overwhelming majority, said 'No' to ACTA, delivering the long-awaited fatal blow to this dangerous agreement," said Mike Rispoli of the activist group Access.Another opponent, UK Pirate Party leader Loz Kaye agreed. "The European Parliament vote is a triumph of democracy over special interests and shady back-room deals," he told the BBC. "It is becoming increasingly politically poisonous to be 'anti-Internet.'"

SOURCE :haha:

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Good to go now... ;)

Attached Files:

11. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    [​IMG]

Me happy.. :)
    Btw, the women of 650 fails. :p

12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #32 gorski, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Here, they do NOT need various new pieces of legislation impinging on our freedoms, in order to counteract the (unlicensed) thieves and suchlike...

But sadly not everybody, like for instance licensed thieves (Google, for instance :D ), as they call that a "valuable market service":

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18735228

Achhhhhhh, money I would pay to have a proper OS without Google intruding on everything I do etc. But that's OK, they say...

Oyoyoyooooooyyyoooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: