1. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #41 BALTAGY, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    (OP)
    Same problem with last update, and can't find a way to hide windows update tab in versions older than 1703

The only fix for it is to search for the settings you want in this page only, since all other pages works fine :(

I added a note about it in first post

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. about defender update,
    i waited 2 days without enabling registry for updates but with disabled updates.
    and update didnt happen.
    almost one hour ago i applied the registry and tried to update by forwarding clock to hours and days and i've not been able to get updates which is two days old.
    although
    when two days ago i applied the registry then it auto downloaded updates
    so i suppose it doesnt work by forwarding clock. which is weird.
    if i wait one more day i'm sure i'll get the updates. and i'll let you know.
    but
    i think that it may not be best solution for updates.
    pf100 already solved defender definition update problem by a beautiful task created by rpo.
    this is what pf100 said about update task https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...ows-update-service.72203/page-22#post-1438394 which is perfect.

i think if you contact pf100 and rpo and use this task in your app then it will solve the problem perfectly.
    its only a suggestion :)

btw thanks for posting my name in the credits. and i hope you would solve the update page crashing in ltsb :)

3. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #43 BALTAGY, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    (OP)
    Sent you Beta 4
    - A task to check for defender updates each 6h will be added, try it and let me know how it's working

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. In my previous reply i told you, registry method didnt work and 5 or 6 replies back i also told you registry method worked for defender updates.
    and i think i know why that happened.

in one of your beta when you removed update page and made defender page to the top, i think that created the problem.
    this is the problem.
    by default in untouched windows 10 when you click update in defender while disconnected to the internet, it starts rolling dots and take some time and then it again shows check for updates button.
    but when you apply your beta (last final version is good) to disable updates and restart and then click on check for updates in defender while disconnected to internet, it doesnt roll any dots and immediately it shows again check for updates. something is wrong.
    on top of that if you even roll back your changes in this beta tool and restart and then check for updates in defender while offline, the problem is still there.
    another problem, when i disabled updates and set defender task with your beta 5 tool and after 2 or 3 restart i tried to check defender updates manually while online and i couldnt check for updates and it immediately shows again check for updates button, no dots and no time taking. and when i manually ran the task in task scheduler it also didnt work.
    so i again did roll back changes and restart and again disbaled updates and created task with the tool and again restart and now task or manual check for updates both are working for defender while online but when offline it again doesnt show any dots rolling and doesnt take any time.
    you have to fix this. :)

5. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    I don't get it, why you check for updates offline ?

Also task will run and close fast also check for updates if your already updated, was defender updated at this time ?

6. just posted to let you know how your tool affect defender while offline and also online sometimes.
    and as i told you, task and manual update didnt work when i applied your beta 5 and i'd to roll back changes<restart<disbale update and create task<restart and after that i was able to run defender update. and i'll let you know if it creates problem again.

7. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    What build did you test on ?

8. 17134.48 x86 version

9. @BALTAGY i tested your beta 6 in 17134.81 x86 and i'm happy to report that everything thing is working as expected and there is no problem.
    defender task is working just fine. i tested with clock forwarding and defender updates runs every time. defender update task works every 6 hours and if you miss that time then it will run as soon as you logged in. and it only runs when you are connected to internet. beautiful.
    previously i told you defender update problem and it looked like this tool created the problem at first hand.but i suppose that problem was caused by something else as i tested in a fresh install and there is no problem. sorry for reporting incorrect problem.
    so i suppose you can release it as final if you want. :good3:

10. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
  11. Dubioza Kolektiv

Dubioza Kolektiv MDL Addicted

Dec 27, 2012
    Ahhhh, again

Attached Files:

12. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
  13. 7alvoo

7alvoo MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm try You tool and it works very well very resourceful solution, congrat! :)

14. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Do I have to remove your old version 1.8 before I do the 1.9 and onward? Or do I undo and reboot each time and start again?

15. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    You can run the version you have and enable, then run v1.9 and disable then restart
    Or
    You can enable from v1.9 then disable again and restart

16. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    Code:
    sc query | find /i "windefend" > nul & if errorlevel 1 (exit)
    "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate
    exit

17. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    #57 BALTAGY, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    (OP)
    First post updated to v2.0
    - Fixed Defender auto update not working

To update from older version:
    1- Run the new version and enable updates
    2- Run the new version and disable updates
    3- Restart

18. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    First post updated to v2.1
    Added option to Disable or Enable Automatic Offline Maps Download

19. Bug report-
    Fresh installed 1803 x86 in a system (not vm)
    applied your tool to block updates and drivers.
    usual incorrect screen resolution is there due to lack of graphic drivers.
    connected the internet.

and after some time a notification appear that i need to restart the pc to finish the driver installation.

so apparently blocking drivers script is not correctly working.

(p.s. i guess windows 10 install graphic driver if screen resolution is incorrect, even if driver installation is blocked. so you may not experience this in vm bcoz it have correct resolution by default)

20. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014