The Official Prayer Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timesurfer, Feb 4, 2012.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #1 timesurfer, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    My friend had a stroke and is in a Coma. Any prayers by those here that understand how important prayer is would be appreciated for my possibly dying friend

p.s This thread if needed is also for any prayers for anyone who wishes to express themselves or ask for support or prayers for someone/something who needs it. Hence the Prayer thread

MDL is a broad, open minded crew so I think even among the athiests this thread is appropriate and applicable in times where our friends are hurting and needing our love, prayers and support

This thread is available "24/7" for all of those who need it or just cause you want to pray and be heard

Thank you and good night :(

TS

2. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Have mercy, O loving God,
    upon all who have suffered a stroke.
    Remove the sudden fear that befalls them.
    Endow them with courage in the struggle
    to recover what has been lost.
    Grant them strength and hope
    to envision new days ahead
    and a spirit of faith
    to take the risk of living fully
    once again. Amen.

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thank you so much Alpha for your kind and heart felt words

4. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    The power of prayer!! i think really helps i say a prayer for your friend TS X

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thank you ambidav, this guy is so cool and high spirited but I fear he is going to take his next step into a higher place. I was lucky to talk to him lately and share a smile and laugh

Thanks again :yoda:

6. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I say a prayer before i go to bed for your friend TS :hug2:

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #7 timesurfer, Feb 4, 2012
    (OP)
    I can tell he is feeling your prayers right now

Times of prayer are really times when we cut through the BS and start to feel, whether we believe in God or not people seem to come together and unite

Thanks

8. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    It is my hope and prayer that your friend finds shelter and comfort from my prayers as well as those of others and you be given the strength to help with the healing process. :empathy3:

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thank you redroad :hug2:

10. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    I am also praying and I hope that whether or not he makes it, which I hope he does, that the family has comfort through this hard time. I will be lifting him up to my friends and family who will also be praying.

11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    This is really nice of you jlgager :hug2:

TS

12. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I've heard that group prayers for a person known directly or indirectly constitute a huge influx of positive energy into that person, (when we pray, we generate positive energy within us) because it is comprised of a little bit of energy contributed by each praying person. The result may be a tremendous boost to the positive energy of the person. Therefore, the prayers helps bring fruition to the prayer requests.

May God fulfill all our collective prayers for the quick recovery of your friend and I wish him quick recovery from the strock and a good health.
    thanks,
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #13 timesurfer, Feb 4, 2012
    (OP)
    Thank you so much for your feelings and insight

I always try to hint that our energies/spirit as a whole world can heal anything

Thanks again ;)

14. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Not to long ago I had a friend reach out to me in a time of need the following was my offering to that person. Maybe it might help another so I share it with equal prayerful intent.

To become someone new is a courageous endeavor. It requires that we leave behind one identity in order to embrace the new one. The trappings of the old are not easily shaken. For a short while we become no one and it is the fear of being no one that keeps us from crossing that landscape to become our new self.

I feel you and support your journey from where I am.

The unhealed healer is by far the most isolated place to be because there are very few who understand the depth of that place in someones life. If you are such a person try to take a seat outside the wounded self and from that place offer all those things that you would offer another, holding nothing back. There is no doubt in my mind you deserve it and the world also deserves a healed you.

Embrace the protection that is offered and know you have allies for the journey.

Be well my friends`

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #15 Yen, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    I didn’t notice this thread till now. But I felt when you have PM’ed me that something intense is happening (to you).
    Now I know…..and I am sorry for the late reply here...

I want to quote, I do not pray now.

'To be full of things is to be empty of God. To be empty of things is to be full of God.'
    Meister Eckhart

'You may call God love, you may call God goodness. But the best name for God is compassion.'
    Meister Eckhart

My thoughts are with him, his family and you.......it'll happen what god thinks is right. So nothing can be wrong....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    The best quote of all is this

"To live life without emotions and clinging to dogma is to not live life at all"

TS

p.s. My friend died two days ago. It was just too much damage and God had better things in store for him

May his new journey be awesome

He was a really good dude :bye2:

:weep:

17. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    My condolences to you, really, is very hard an lose of people around each we all.

If all is happening, has a motif, being here or there, there will always be a light in each one of us.

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #18 Yen, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

My condolences to you, I am sorry.

I rather would like to hug you without to say anything.... I feel odd just to reply....

19. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Ok if we ever meet I will be expecting one hug. Otherwise virtual hug is fine :hug2:

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We'll do it that way. :hug2: