To all members that are offering extra work to MDL, please read!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yen, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hi,

this is for all developers, programmers, biosmodders, just for all who are investing extra time for MDL.

I would like to say that I want to offer unique usertitles.

Everybody that is doing extra effort for the MDL community is invited to post here and deserves an unique usertitle of his choice (if wanted). It should be at least a 'MDL Senior Member'

I'll change the usertile to e.g. to Developer, Bios-modder, Programmer, author of.... ......etc...

Without you all MDL wouldn't be that what it is now.

Therefore thank you very much indeed.

Yen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #2 Thomas, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    Great idea, Yen. :)

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    #3 pkaji123, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    here I would suggest some users that came to my mind in seeing this,i have not included mods and those who already have usertitles.please forgive me if i miss any other talented guys here,i will add it.
    DAZ
    HAZAR
    PAYMYRENT
    Opa
    Chuck,ennio,derick,canouna,...-(junior chucks)
    Phazor-
    timesurfer-
    secr9tos
    Ev1lM0nk3y
    lord Viking
    Suicide solution
    nononsence
    nikmb
    SoLoR
    davidxxw
    middleton
    anemeros
    George King
    genuine555
    Busykid508
    HotCarl
    armada
    anmg
    SirSilentBob
    Truthinjection
    sam3971
    omdhar
    Sebus
    Brainsuck
    NoJuan999
    911medic
    etc..

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This is regarding the members only. Those who have supermod rights are not affected since they can change their user title by themselves, which is appreciated if not known already. They should still have a user title which shows the function they have here at MDL.

I used Bioskiller / Administrator since yesterday, but now I have changed it to Root-Admin, because my main work is to maintain / improve the forums with root access and I don't kill bioses anymore lol...(OK I still mod some special bioses anyway and I have killed a bios 2 weeks ago..:eek:)

Well I don't want to change it without to ask before and what should be the new title.
    Some probably don't want to get another title and like the default title like MDL Guru and don't want to change it or don't like the title I would chose for them.

The only one that got it already is AndyP, he's got SLIC Tools Author.

So please drop a post here that I can change it. It of course should be related to the work that was done / or still in progress. I presume that the one that doesn't reply here simply doesn't want a new title. It should be a special honour for those who have really created something special, like tools, programs, techniques...biosmodder....

It's meant be an offer at which the user has fun with.......
    PS: You also may PM me about if you don't like to ask for it at the public, no problem!

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  6. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I'd like to give a vote for: (in no particular order)
    - Prodigy
    - Phazor
    - Daz
    - Hazar
    - Suicide Solutions
    - Freestyler
    - Crypto
    - searchengine

these are the dudes that have most impacted me and why i keep coming back ..
    it's due to their hard work and most importantly, kindness and willingness to help people without biting someone's head off ..

these dudes deserve a round of applause..

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #7 Yen, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    (OP)
    I totally agree with it.
    But as I've mentioned. I don't want to change the title without to ask for it. AND it's an offer to registered users. Supermods can change their titles already.

All I can do is to repeat my offer with a suggestion of a new unique title.
    PM me or drop a post here.;)

@canouna Enjoy your unique title.

@iamanoob Nice Avatar.

8. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I set my own title... I think it's rather appropriate :p

9. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
  10. pedagogy

pedagogy Chit Chatter

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Yen,
    I am aware, that I am not an esteemed MDL helper or contribute anything of value to this amazing site.

However, was wondering may I have the title of Worthless User, or Trash Poster or Non Contributor or Crappy Chit Chatter or Chit Chatter or Bandwidth Waster
    Considering I have been classified as a trash poster
    It would be my badge of honor to have any of the above titles,(even if temporary)
    considering I have been labeled as such.
    I do not meet the criteria to make this request, so I will understand if it's not granted.
    I apologize in advance if this causes any confusion.
    Slinking my way to chit chat

11. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Great Idea I second it and yea hazar it is a good title lol....

12. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    How about:
    Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

or if that's too long just:
    SLIC Tool Operator

Thanks,
    NJ

13. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Can I have "fryer" i modded my own BIOS. Fried the board. Daren't do anybody else's....

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No I'm sorry.
    Please read my post #1 again:
    ......Everybody that is doing extra effort for the MDL community is invited to post here

There are many others that have fried their bios already..lol....

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    @NoJuan999.
    Sure I'll change it ASAP...

OMG..this thread is meant to be an offer...and meant to be easy to handle for me...lol :biggrin:

I'm quoting myself:
    @iamanoob

Don't try to make my job being an admin and decide about a request of a user title exchange of a member and please don't disturb my thread with an inappropriate and denunciating post..... being offtopic additionally.....
    IMO your post and your trial to denunciate a member at the public is totally off the mark. This is a personal matter to be clarified via PM and not at this thread!!!
    Pedagogy is a member that obviously likes to be self ironic….and can laugh about.
    He’s a member and has the right to ask here.

The unique user title shall reflect what an user is doing for/ offering to the MDL community. And he / she should be a long time member.

Please no more comments about.
    I’ll decide about and believe me that’s not that easy as I thought…..

I don’t want that everybody comes and wants a unique title like, MDL Dork 2010, or M$Hater, Moron of the Month, or or…..

I have to set limits! It seems I have to define them…..
    But I like being a kind of self ironic…. I have had 'BiosKiller':D

Pedagogy, I think about……

16. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    @iamanoob
    So why do you?
    It's easier to talk of principles than to live after them, isn't it?

If you know your work is fully your own work and nothing is plagiarism why don't you just tell it is? Reacting aggressive shows some agreement...If the cap fits, wear it.
    And in the end, it doesn't seem so wrong:
    What else should I say? :rolleyes:

So: enforcing forum rules is our job. If there is a problem contact us. If someone says you plagiarized work prove him wrong or just tell your sources.
    That's all I have to say. End of discussion.

@topic
    We have many members in this forum that are kind of special (in a positive way), do special things. These are the ones we want to honor...if we give a customized user title to anyone whether it is wanted or not just wouldn't make sense. All originality would be gone then.

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This helped me to make a decision about pedagogy.:D

18. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    #19 iamanoob, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010

i did not want to turn this into a post about me .. but since the Mods want to take sides .. i will

1. If you look at the intent of my post ..
    it was posted to help.. it wasn't a post about my invention ..

2. if you read the content..
    you will see that i state .. from "Trial & Error" and am sharing "What works for me" ..
    I never claimed i invented those tips..

Therefor.. when a person writes: "Copy Edit Paste" ..
    That's FLAMING !

am i wrong ?
    i consider it FLAMING... when instead .. he could have not commented.. unless he's looking for a fight by flaming my post ..

1. I don't go out of my way to insult people ..
    2. The only time i show hostility.. is when it's shown to me FIRST !

you guys always claim i am the instigator ..
    Look through my profile..
    the only time i am hostile.. is when someone FLAMES me or my Post FIRST ..

like i said..
    "if you don't want problems.. don't start any" ..

I don't go out of my way to flame anyone's post ... go ahead .. look through my Profile :)

Now even the Mods want to make me out as the bad guy. lol

you guys need to stop taking sides..quite petty .. we're all adults here .. is taking sides really necessary ?

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE YOU GUYS DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH NATIVELY?
    IS THIS WHY THERE'S SUCH A DISCREPANCY?
    I KNOW MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE CHINESE..
    I SPEAK ENGLISH NATIVELY..
    SO YOU GUYS MAY BE MISINTERPRETING ..
    YOU OUGHT-TO KEEP THAT IN MIND..
    IF CHINESE IS YOUR NATIVE TONGUE..
    THEN YOU SHOULD ENSURE YOU ARE NOT MISINTERPRETING WHAT I WRITE

I CAN TELL ALL OF THE MODS HERE ARE CHINESE BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU TYPE/SPELL..
    AND MOST OF THE MEMBERS HERE ARE CHINESE/ORIENTAL AND CAN'T TYPE/SPELL FOR CRAP ..
    SO IF YOU GUYS DON'T SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH FLUENTLY..
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE PEOPLE ..

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I'm indeed no English speaking native and I don't want to disagree with that that it could be a reason for discrepancies, generally.
    I don't want to seem that you are a bad guy. You're a welcomed member. As admin I don't like trouble and I like when MDL runs smoothly.

But I want to make clear and that's no question of misunderstanding, that to discus a personal matter at the public isn't appropriate.
    Clarify that with pedagogy via PM and everything will be all right. Also you should know that to fight flaming with a flaming reply is contra productive.
    I'm exerted to write in a understandable English. And if you would quote my words which led to misunderstanding I could explain it in an other way. Ancestor obviously has a similar opinion about your behaviour. His English is surely an other English than mine, he isn't a native English speaking person, this I know.

I cannot notice about that you see that your post here #14 is inappropriate. No apology happened (not to pedagogy) but to me.

You have used that thread to denunciate a member at the public. Being admin that's something I cannot tolerate. You have to cope with that. And I don't see a possibility for a potential misunderstanding, your post #14 consists of explicit denunciating words...
    'grow up ...you wanna go and cry to the Admin?.....if you can't hang with the big boys..
    then don't start problems..'
    If such words are usual at where you live, then I'm sorry. Here at MDL forums they aren't tolerable. I'm sure there are probably similar posts made from other members I haven't noticed about. You've got bad luck and have used this thread....and please don't shout! There is no way to use capital letters to turn a wrong behaviour into a right one.

-This post is offtopic again- It's needed to talk about on the spot.

I hope we can end to discus that now in a peaceful way and to go on to have fun here at MDL.:)