To all members that are offering extra work to MDL, please read!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yen, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hey Yen, does this wonderful process end???? I am waiting for a long time to get one.... o_O

Reply pls. :worthy:

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Uhh, sorry for the late reply, I thought you were joking...:biggrin:

You'll get 'MDL Addicted' after you have posted 500 posts automatically since it's a common title a here at MDL.

For an special title you have to offer a 'special' service... like biosmodder, developer, programmer, tester.......;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    No probs at all ;).... well am I eligible to get a "MDL Official Mirror Creator" usertitle :confused: ???? I asked Daz abt this idea, but he said that it can't be possible to create a locked thread, which can be edited by only one member o_O

My thought is I can make SkyDrive mirror of all the MDL projects and applications and maintain them with proper info [like official link, file hashes]. It will be a locked thread, which can only be edited by me and the mods. The question is if I get a unique usertitle, can it be possible to make such a rule??? Is it possible in vBulletin???

If not, then I will be happy with my current title...... :)

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I like your idea to create and maintain a mirror.
    I could give you the right: Can Open / Close Own Threads.

Then you would be able to reopen the thread, edit your posts and close it again whenever you want.

Tell me if and when you want to start....after that I give you the right to open/close own threads.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, I'm now busy for my admission tests... So I will inform u later (within 1 week), btw thanks for the suggestion...

6. crunzaty

crunzaty MDL Junior Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Can i be:
    MDL Senior G33k if its possible? :D
    I tests some of the Loaders and others ting to activate Windows 7 :]

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Read the first post carefully....

8. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    @yen
    I am using an apache server at home to host a couple mirrors of files on the site already and I was wondering if I could do what Tito wanted to do with a mirror list. If you could let me do that too I think it would be fun and also helpful to everyone else. Also it wouldn't necessarily have to be a locked thread because other users could post their links so I can then host those files on my server that way I don't have to go looking through the whole site for links. and also that way only the most important/most downloaded files would have mirrors not all of them.

9. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    @Yen

If possible I'd like to be MDL Programmer

Thanks

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Talking about the idea of MDL these days. I appreciate any offer to support the idea to have free downloads of our tools.
    The SLIC related bioses and tools are already hosted at the slics server and therefore I'm very thankful. I don't know what's about Tito ATM.
    What I don't want is to start any agitation about tools and files of MDL. I have agreed with Titos idea as well, but since he didn't reply so far I think it would be fair to involve him.
    It would be perfect if you could find a solution which is acceptable for both of you. I have told him that he should take his time since he's busy ATM.

We should wait for his reply although he wanted to already.

But what I think is a good idea to ask for if anybody wants you to upload it.

Also I want you to think about copyright related applications, not to get into trouble.

Thanks for your offer. I'll keep an eye on this idea. The goal would be a solution which is powerful for MDL and everybody is satisfied with and has fun. :biggrin:

11. mrdarkgod

mrdarkgod MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    He said "should be". He did not say "has to be". Take your own advice and read the first post carefully.

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea dude a mirror thread or whatever would be great. Perhaps it could be in combination with the comparison chart or something similar. great Idea ;)

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Since MDL Senior Member is already a default title I would suggest to use something different, another idea?

14. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    @yen cool I would be willing to include Tito in making the list but how would we both be able to edit the same posts in a thread the only way I could think of is if you made us both moderators for the section that the thread will be in. About agitation that shouldn't be a problem because all the programs that are rivals lol will be on there together so the list would be completely neutral. Also what copyright related applications are there I thought all of the apps were created by MDL users.

@timesurfur that's a good thought that way they can compare the apps and then download the app right away without leaving the list page.

Also anyone with other ideas let me know thanks

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I hope Tito will reply soon. A mirror (list) with most important tools would be great.
    The SLICED bioses will stay on slics server, there is no need to mirror them. Also very special tools such as different flash tools.

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Tito has PM'd me. He cannot start until November. He got admission in a college where the first year access to net isn't possible.

If you want you may start with the mirror. Everything that is free downloadable can be mirrored.
    For projects that are still in development I would contact the author of them or you mirror the latest version by checking the corresponding threads.

17. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I want to help someone who needed in biosmods, may I? Almost forgets, I've noticed that I've changed from "novice" to "junior member", so I wanna thx to all administrator for this,:biggrin:

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes of course. Feel free...
    Greetings to Indonesia.

19. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Hello Yen i know i don't meet the criteria but i would like to change mine if possible to "MDL Tester" because i like to try and test everything in this forum if i can contribute in some manner to this forum let me know years ago i was an active member at nd-warez making AIO's so my tittle there was ND-Warez AIO Maker. This site take all my attention since i discovered it can't stay away from this site for more than 2 days, i'm also considering on making some AIO's or something of interest in this site but still thinking reading everything on site to see what needed lol thanks to all the staff members active members of this wonderful site....

20. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009