To all members that are offering extra work to MDL, please read!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yen, Apr 16, 2010.

1. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #81 CODYQX4, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Approved!
    Enjoy. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #83 acyuta, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thomas

Thomas MDL Spam Reporter

Nov 10, 2009
    #84 Thomas, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    ancestor(v) had taken care of that problem. ;)

But i do suggest something like an auto closing of threads in the Introduction section after a certain period (days) to prevent people spamming the heck out of the area in order to raise there post count & bumping old threads. I think there is some addon/plugin that can be installed to do this.
    I am not sure if something like this is available for vBulletin 4.0.x though. But i think is worth to look into something about it.

5. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I've just finished deleting those mass posts. If this happens more often, we (I) will close introduction postings after a short period of time, maybe having a look for this add-on.

As for BarneyBear, he somehow became our "Welcoming Guy" as he does nothing but welcoming people. No problem with that, he doesn't seem to follow any other goals with this. And he is welcoming people if they're new and not after like 2 or 3 years old (in here).
    But for people being high active in the board and spamming in order to get more postings this looks more like getting a higher title, which we stop immediately (as possible).

I think it shouldn't matter how much postings you have and what user rank you get. Neither the number of postings nor any standard user titles say something about your competence and value, just about your activity. Quantity might be fine, but how about quality?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I cannot assign rights for a single thread (no option available).
    Please cooperate with jlgager since he's the thread starter.
    When your links are added I'll change your title.

8. DigitalJammer

DigitalJammer MDL Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I just love this site.

I wish I had the talent so many of you have. I am more of a musician than any kind of computer programmer. But I RESPECT the big cats here in a major way. You have helped me learn more about programming than I have learned since the early 80's on my Timex Sinclare TI 99/44A which had a 16 bit cpu and an eight bit bus line- if I am not mistaking. Wow those early computers were so easy to program in "Basic". I can recall writing my own version of Space invaders and had to use graph paper to chart the graphics for translation into numbers for the computer to read. Wow have times changed!

I now repair computers way out here in the sticks. I work out of a house and business is very slow, but word of mouth is starting to help me get more customers than I ever dreamed of in the past. This site has helped me get out of many troubleshooting jams. So, I guess one COULD call me a "Loader Tester" because of the very wide assortment of computers I get to test the loaders on, and if needed I could report back on many models and how the Loaders, or OS derived from OS ISOs posted on this site, I could share my experiences at almost a moment's notice.

Your all OK in my book. Thanks for allowing me to hang with you here. I really like it here. :worthy:

Also worthy is Daz - :worthy:

Peace to all.

9. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Hey Yen,,

Long Time... Hope You Guys Still Remember Me ... Just Got Back From The Philippines... No HighSpeed Internet Where I Went There But Now Im Back In The U.S. I Can Continue Helpin Out Here...
    oh yeah whatever Happened to @paymyrent... he was such an awesome programmer.... i saw him on my friendslist and there was something beside his name that says BANNED...

10. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    He ignored the rules, insulted a moderator and acted childish so after many warnings he was banned.

11. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    May I know when paymyrent banned end? I didn't defend him from what he did n also he's not in my friendlist too n I never in touch with him but when I first join here, I see paymyrent thread, he also contribute with idea n may help people too, well kinda missing something here.
    Well we're human bein', sometime we make mistake, there's nobody's perfect, I hope moderator & admin here consider this.

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Paymyrent was given numerous warnings and instructions from the MDL team. Unfortunately he chose.to ignore those warnings and continued his unacceptable behaviour. The MDL team had no choice but to take action, his ban is permanent.

13. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Oooh I see, I didn't know that, thx Alex!

14. vladxed666

Sep 19, 2009
    what a waste of talent... i really liked his work... were his threads and contibutions deleted too or are they still here?
    I also noticed the Share and Discuss OEM SLP key somehow changed...

Anyway Great To Be Back... I Missed Helpin out People And Modding Bioses....

15. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Happy to know that you're back again:)

16. vladxed666

Sep 19, 2009
    Can I Be "Experienced Bios-Modder" :) cause that's pretty much all that i have been doing here lately...
    you know I still help people with activation problems.... but mostly ive been working in the BIOS MODS section..

thank you for your consideration

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hello Yen..... after a long gap!!!!

Well, again asking u, can my user title be changed?? As I can't maintain the mirrors now, mirror related any title isn't appropriate. But if u notice my last posts, I think "MDL Adviser" is appropriate for me..... isn't it??? ;)

18. letsgoawayhell

letsgoawayhell MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2010
    #99 letsgoawayhell, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    May I get one too?
    MDL Contributor is fine if possible.

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks Yen for the title change!!!!