To those who don't know the difference between warez sites and MDL.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Dolorous Edd, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yap, according to the myth, MAC address is hardly coded in the NIC rom and can't be changed without replacing the rom, but by "spoofing" it, Windows is instructed to follow the new address found in the registry ~ thats it......

2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah, via software drivers

3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Good discussion. I stick this thread.

madeinheaven is exactly the kind of user we do not want to have. Thinks everybody needs and wants his warez and his bla bla and is fully unable to see he is neither wanted nor needed - and this has got nothing to do with being free to go everywhere one wants. Sharing of knowledge without forcing anything - just for the fun of it and not because our ego needs it.

We try to draw a clear line which isn't always possible. True is: MDL is a board for enthusiasts and people wanting to learn. There are enough other warez boards on the internet, one more isn't necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeah..It was NT 4.....I can remember my boss blocked the MAC address of my on board NIC....I had downloaded too much.:p

I simply wrote a new one into the registry....not sure if that still works :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I think most modern spoofers install a driver of some sort that emulates a new MAC at boottime.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. xecxec

xecxec MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    same here, thoughtful, i like this place

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    yep just like anything else it can be hacked...
    It puts the MS in hacking haha...
    yea all you need to do to spoof the MAC is google it...
    google is my savior haha...

9. Peppino

Peppino MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2010
    Distinction between warez, cracks and simply taking advantage of flaws in MS activation platforms. Tell me, what is the difference? All achieve the same end. I don't think MS would approve of any.

10. antidotecrk

antidotecrk MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    With cracking the software you are modifying critical system files. Taking advantage of flaws in the code requires none of this and is therefore able to be written off as "Educational" however the legality of this is debatable.

11. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    See Antidotes reply, pretty much sums it up. The reason I found this site is that I was searching for a way to do clean installes while preserving SLP activation and as far as I am concerned that should be legal. I have no intent on using any software I have not paid for but I have no problem with those who do. Warez will shut a site like this down if you let it take root, this site is open and I like that and I hope it stays that way forever.

12. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I wonder how much free development has been done for MS this way. Look on the MS forums, see how many times they direct people to 3rd party sites such as bleeping computer. MS wants power users to test their systems, and just about every good idea is eventually incorporated into a release. Just look at the history of MS, the MS business model has always been to market other peoples ideas.

Unfortunately some game developers who used to follow this line of reasoning have all of a sudden decided to single handedly destroy the modders and mappers abilities to expand their games and make them better, I hope MS never makes the same mistake and completely closes their OS.

13. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Exactly........

14. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    My objective when I entered this forum was to learn in more detail the operation of some softwares. Now, I am a more informed person on this and other matters.

It was not my aim to simply manage a windows pirated copy, but learn on how the system operates and the possibilities of getting the best of it.

I'm using an original Windows 7 (bought by me, not pirate). To learn how activate and take advantage of the weaknesses of the system, I can use-it in the best possible way and resolve the majority of the problems that arise. MDL is a forum for debate on all these issues, a place to learn and magnify each of us, and not a central of cracks and piracy!

15. ahyanglf

ahyanglf MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    So do I!

needs and development are brothers!

16. nauman143

nauman143 MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2010
  17. fwefwef

fwefwef MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    I have learned a lot from here and still learning.

Thanks MDL!!!

18. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    I'm really happy to find MDL; "Unique Among Species". I respect and really appreciate all members and admins and moderators' efforts to keep it clean.

This may seem to be an old post, but I'm somehow new to this great site and try to read all posts here :coffee:

19. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    I agree with every single word you said, Ancestor. MDL is "Unique Among Species" :surfing:

20. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    cracks are not pirating. :/ geting windows or anything from a torrent is pirating.
    and coming from a guy that has an avater that bsd humping linux. lame.