Tools which protect our privacy. Post your tools / ways you are using and opinions.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Yen, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    You can also use Linux.

Love W7

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    A government that spies on EU politicians doesn't hesitate to realize anything to spy on ordinary people. People wake up! In reality things are worse than you ever thought. And M$ cooperates a long time already with the NSA.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Word!

I'm not sure people know how to wake up, and it seems most participate in keeping people "asleep" and with false "understandings" of how to wake up seems no one will till we have massive catastrophe and economic collapse...

Or what is going on for most hits home for the "few"

I think they are even worse than we ever thought they ever could be and as I've seen the NSA, etc are very selective with whom they stalk and with whom gets brought up on charges etc...

It's just a game to them, a game that sacrifices the lives of many so a few can maintain their "quality of life" or the "American Dream"

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanx for bringing this to our attention!

And this settles that debate for me...

Bye, mycrowsoft, yapple & g00girl!

I duck and dive a long time now!

:p:biggrin::D:bye1:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mikorist

Mikorist MDL Member

Dec 26, 2012

I wondered why until 2020 ? [​IMG]Because Windows 7 Extended Support End Date is 1/14/2020 [​IMG]

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Are you sure you really had to work with it and not to play?
    Your post sounds unreasonable to me. :rolleyes:

7. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
  8. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    #108 leis, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    Getting Tor on Internet IE9 browser

Hi,
    Is Tor for Firefox browser and not IE?
    I have downloaded and installed Tor and thought that I was uising it and may have been but according to the message log it indicated a couple of messages that if i don't use Tor right it cannot work and another message indicated that it was unreachable and perhaps I didn't have not Vadila but (i apologize, the word starts with a "p" and that seemed to be a suggestion to check or to look at). I think it's fair to say I don't really understand the procedures but just wanted to ask about this because I think it looks and could be great and specially when losing so much of our expected privacy (everywhere and everything).

Thanks for your ancitipated response and either way, take care and great to know that people are taking this more seriously and not stuck on TV and (on and on).

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Just get the Tor browser bundle and you are done. It comes with Vidalia and a modified FF. (Why do you want to use IE which is from M$ who cooperates with the NSA???)
    I use it on a USB pen drive wherever I want

10. snofte

snofte MDL Member

Jan 10, 2013
    @mikorist:
    Great "News". Sent the link for this page to a friend. He now reports that on the left side of the mikorist-post, a pop up appears saying that disk is full, klikk "this link" to repair.
    He is using ie. told him to delete all ie history, info capsules, etc etc. Did not help. No other internet-sites show this pop up, only this particular MDL-page.
    Any explanation ?

11. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Do not post your real name or social Security number, your actual location, your bank account information, your ATM pin number, get off the Internet

12. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    I find it impossible to live disconnected today. :eek:

13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Between a rock and a hard place: either open to being abused when connected in a typical manner or helping other abuse the vulnerable when connected via DarkNet...

(Unless it is really possible to use it occasionally in "client only mode", as Yen wrote... Must investigate that when I find the time... ;) )

14. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Break your modem :p

15. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
  16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  17. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    @mdl admin, is it k to post links now?

x-proxy :

lousy g.u.i.

1/2 the proxy servers especially the russian proxy server does not work.

the american proxy server could not fool hulu.

expatshield :

comes with a compulsive & useless download manager.

the final download was a ridiculous outdated version of hot spot shield.

windows 8 did not allow the installation due to compatibility issues.

steganos online shield & steganos online freedom are the best for online privacy.

you also get free 500mb of data for anonymous surfing every 30 days.

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanx! Will try Steganos!

Expat Shield works, by and large. Talking Windows 7 and earlier.

Download Manager? What download manager? If there's something that is offered during installation - simply untick it and that's the end of it...

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #119 gorski, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    Please, don't be patronising! Else, I could do the same, easily: "Have you ever checked if it installs anything at all - in your "Programs and Features" bit of "Control Panel" - before you let your prejudices get the better of you and wild accusations start flying"... Silly!!! "Presumption is the mother of all f*ck*ps!!!"

I am using it for ages. This DL "manager" is a simple DL SW for the proggy, nothing else. It installs nothing.:bye1:

20. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #120 gorski, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    It's using the general framework but it's a tailor-made for UK... Never mind how old it is, it is the question of functionality!

And it is working just fine! I have used it for ages with XBMC and general browsing, with BBC or ITV etc. "iPlayers"...

You can also get HSS-2.25-install-anchorfree-232-expatshield.exe from the net - the full proggy directly...

Please, check before you start with this... ach, never mind...:rolleyes: