Toshiba Satellite P100-106 3.30 BIOS request

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by varkanoid, Jan 16, 2011.

1. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Fingers crossed. I can set you up with Mac OS if you feel like it once all is set.

2. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    @tqhoang is it possible that just the appropriate driver for Windows needs an adjustment? Like adding vendor and device ID to an .inf file?

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    No, it's something to do with how Windows initializes the controller (or lack thereof). Using the command prompt during an install, I can verify the SATA controller is in AHCI mode, but no drives detected.

I'm digging through the SATA specification and also the Linux AHCI driver code. I need to take a break for a week or so...gotta catch up on house things before Christmas.

4. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    You bet. Real life (followed by Santa Claus) always first :)

5. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Hi @tqhoang I hope you're doing fine. I was working on my Toshiba again the other day and was wondering if you think it's possible at all to have AHCI fully ignite for Windows without proper documentation. For now I'm very happy it works 100% for OS X :)

6. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Hey BugsB, I haven't looked at it since I last put it down. I still have the laptop, but I probably won't have time to look at it again until maybe summer. I just have too much going on right now.

7. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Sure qhoang. Take your time to also enjoy spring and summer :surfing: