Trouble flashing BIOS 1008-D.BIN for ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by klrinxtinx, Oct 29, 2009.

1. klrinxtinx

klrinxtinx MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    Yes, I am using AWDFLASH from that website. The funny thing is I get the same problem even trying to flash my old BIOS. I'm at a lost right now.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I say PM Zort...hes pretty up on these things..If he cant get it straight, I think it is a HUGE problem..:D:D

I will do some research in the meantime. I gotta go now though....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. klrinxtinx

klrinxtinx MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Lol! I have got exactly the same board here! I tried / developed all the methods on it and it's still alive..thank god!
    I'm using the 1008-d with updated sata rom (silicon image).

An ISA mod is working.
    Copy the mod named 1008-d.bin onto a empty floppy.
    Important: DO NOT SET the white protect switch at floppy.
    boot and press alt+f2 to enter flash tool
    type: 1008-d.bin and follow the instructions
    the message: BIOS Image File is for nForce Chipset Only! is a info message, no error.

It worked more than 20 times...:D;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. klrinxtinx

klrinxtinx MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    Yen,

you seem to have worked on this motherboard a lot! lol
    I didn't understand what you meant by an ISA mod and about setting the white protect switch at floppy. I hope you can help me out on this please. In the meantime, I will try flashing by using the alt+f2 method.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    ISA is the mod method that I have tried. Zort did a 0+2 mod, it should work also! With write protect at floppy I mean the square hole and the black plastic switch, it must remained closed!

7. klrinxtinx

klrinxtinx MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    #28 klrinxtinx, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    (OP)
    oh i understand what you meant. you typed "white" protected at first and i got lost there lol.

***i finally was able to flash! i think the problem was the version of awdflash i downloaded is either old or too new or something. I basically put the bios onto the floppy disc then I restarted and hit alt+f2 without the floppy in it therefore it would ask for me to put the floppy in. after that, it was automatic. thanks everyone for the help. I hope my explanations will help anyone else with the same problems and or trying to flash this motherboard.

8. eskasi

eskasi MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2008
    I am currently rereading the entire post.

I thought that I may, perhaps, reuse an old Pc, built upon this motherboard. But this pc is already using a Windows Home Server (OEM Dell).

I have 2 questions:
    1) klrinxtinx: did you mod it for dell?? Where can i find your mod?
    2) using the andy's tools for slic (2.1) modding, does it add slic 1.0? I mean, it is for dual booting the whs and, possibly, W7

It is impossible to find the files mentioned in this post.

Thank you!

9. LoL4LoL

LoL4LoL MDL Junior Member

Aug 9, 2009