U.S. Government Shuts Down Megaupload

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Matty Lowe, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    So what are you going to do about it, that is the question ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Link
    :biggrin5:That's quite funny, they will start blocking US ip, and Fileserve owns a lot :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    You the people have to change the government not the World Economies if it gets to that stage then the US is dead. A lot of the World doesn't like the US they just play possum. A lot of countries will love to have a chance to stomp all over the US.

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    In post #65 the "Citizen's United" decision is the key. The question is not what are you going to do about it? The question is what are we going to do about? I put to you Sir that at this point you have just as much at stake in U.S. politics as I. Because of the U.S. supreme court decision I mentioned, any money that wants to influence the outcome of a U.S. election can do so:eek: under the guise of corporation cash. Oh, did I say unlimited contributions :eek::eek: Oh, did I say cash contributions from domestic or foreign corporations:eek::eek::eek:

So the question is what are We going to do about it?

This next presidential election here in the U.S. is the first since the "citizen united" decision.

There is not a single country or corporation, I would wager, that has not poured money into Washington to buy influence. So. What are we going to do about it? Good question

Follow the US. presidential campaign and you will see how unprepared to handle this new environment of unlimited campaign contributions.

5. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    From here a short time you can not have autonomy over free to browse the web.

The funny thing is that everything becomes forbidden becomes desired.

At these times many twist to force opposes the government.

6. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    with respect, r29k,
    but that is not the question at all..
    it is what the www is going to do about it, imho..
    not individuals or us-citizens..

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Later I have to DL my stuff what I need. I always thought I can get it anytime when I need it but now I am unsure.
    A lot of knowledge and how to's are uploaded. I am active in adroid related things as well.

What makes me upset is that filesharing of the Android community is affected as well. Many of those who had spend weeks to develop have lost their upload. I hope they still have backups.

My opinion I have posted is not only my opinion. Yesterday I have discussed a lot with my friends. It will polarize. I guess my government supports what the US government has done, they are sick as well.

8. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    [​IMG]

Anonymous continues to work, :biggrin5:

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    That will only hasten what I said above. If the world economies get involved then the US is dead. Countries will make their contributions and collect their dividend on the US, you have to get your money's worth plus a nice profit. It will become the rape of the US. I guess it will all come down to the integrity of the politicians and good luck with that :biggrin5: It will be the US populace who ultimately decide who will actually contest for the post of President, not corporations. The reason it looks like the corporations control the government is because the people have made it that way. By taking very little interest in who runs the country and what not ...

10. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Bad for you,

But this has consequences everywhere,

The bad thing is like you said, thousands of files and knowledge being lost
    because of an ineffective policy.

All because of copyrights?
    Where are our rights?

11. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    that is the point,

good stuff that you own is just disappearing,
    just because they are playing this game..

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Maybe they should push for a Freedom of Download act :biggrin5:

Link :biggrin5:

13. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I truly wish it were that black or white with the U.S. populace.
    Political campaigns here in the U.S. are packaged and sold like products. Who ever has the most money to bring their product to market is going to have the largest market share to think otherwise is naive.

14. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    but deep thoughts will not excuse another ACT,
    my friend, i have got just about a bellyfull of
    ACTS, rulez & regulationns..

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    If you watch TV and you are one who has no clue about the www and what's going on THEN you get the impression that some criminals have been arrested. So the US government took care for law and order and they'd say well done!

People are crying for law and order. In fact they are unable to deal with their freedom. They think it is important to gain control and security to have a working society.
    But the potential danger / threat out there never can be fully eliminated. Doubts persist ever. So the one who persuades that you need law and order always has a valid reason to go on to restrict.

Does it actually harm somebody when one downloads something which is copyrighted?
    As long as he doesn't make money with it??? I guess no.

Basically this is all nothing but sickness.

16. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    @yen,

i hope there are still people out there
    thinking their own thoughts, instead of watching tv
    and crying for law and order..
    things are not a bad as that...

p.s. i don`t mind to be called an optimist..

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    That's because the people looking at these campaigns are sheep or to put it simply they are not educated enough to make an opinion beyond what is given to them by the campaigns. So who ever makes the loudest noise gets the most attention. Mind you I am not stereotyping and saying all the people are like this, there is an educated minority who also look on and get frustrated with the rubbish that is being pushed to them. Most of the people who are qualified to run the US properly have no interest in Politics they are busy making money and what ever else.

18. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #78 redroad, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    IMHO the only thing that will be effective in the end is a Global initiative that is directed at preserving the idea "For the good of all". To organize globally our purchasing power on that premise to preserve our humanity is a corrporations worst nightmare.

19. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    Few people question that.

Most people just believe what you see. :(

20. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #80 redroad, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    I agree with you completely on this point. The low information voter however is a family or person who so busy just taking care of basic needs that to dive into the deep end of political discourse is a luxury they can't afford. That is the sad part about it:sad3: