Unable to get Vista activated... [preactivation]

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cupidnior, Apr 24, 2008.

1. morka

morka MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2008
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #22 Yen, May 1, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
    It's no Ami, no Phoenix and no Award. It seems that it is a special one.

Please link to original source to check it again.

You can see what kind of bios it is when you are watching the screen at bootup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cupidnior

cupidnior MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2008
    Here is the answer

Ok,

-Yes, you have to install ultimate version to get the ultimate features.

-You can still use home premium, just add cert+key that match to your slic and windows version.

-If you reflash to the original bios, it will return to normal bios, no problem:D.

CupidNior..:cool:

4. cupidnior

cupidnior MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2008
  5. cupidnior

cupidnior MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2008
    BIOS is not compatible

First, thank for the bios v5.13
    After I flash it, restart the system. The fan blow very fast and loudly :eek: and I got the message "Please esc to boot" I tried to restart and now I can get it to the bios setup.

There is a problem, the bios couldn't remember the cmos configuration. I tried to config it but after save and restart. The config lost again. It can boot but my windows must boot in AHCI mode so I have to use windows pe cd to boot and flash the bios back to the old v5.07 (unlocked) and now everything is working. Don't know why I cannot use your bios, it's same motherboard and rom id. But thanks for upload your bios.:)

CupidNior:D

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  8. bobramerez

bobramerez MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I just pulled off the side panel on my PC and the motherboard says IPIBL-LA Rev. 1.04.

Maybe we are using different revisions then because this is very odd that it wouldn't work on yours...

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    So you want to try a mod for 5.13?

10. morka

morka MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2008
    ok, thank you

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  12. cupidnior

cupidnior MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2008
    It's OK

What are you using to prevent vista activation now. Any cracks??
    If you use crack, after flash bios vista home premium still normal. You have to remove crack before you add the cert/key.:D

13. bobramerez

bobramerez MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I am using a legitimate version of Home Premium, but I want to try out Ultimate.

So if I flash this modded BIOS, what will happen to my legitimate copy of Vista?

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Nothing, since it's another kind of license, activated against M$ with your own purchased key. Your Home Premium installation will be untouched.

Any new installation of it requires a new activation, of course. But just for trying it out you can use the trial period.

15. kbsgautham

kbsgautham MDL Novice

May 2, 2008
    #40 kbsgautham, May 12, 2008
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
    I had the same problem with my MSI ms-7142 motherboard
    After slic added i could not activate vista
    i loaded with slmgr.vbs -ilc <oemcert>.xrm.ms and slmgr.vbs -ipk <cdkey> and rebboted still unactivated.
    then i simply did
    slmgr -rilc a long list of windows messages came.Then i did
    slmgr -ilc <oemcert>.xrm.ms
    immediately windows status was activated.
    rebooted and i got the message activated and also windows genuine software message:)