Undocumented INSYDE BIOS recovery method.-Use andy's tool to obtain possible names.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by levonisyas, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jeedee4

jeedee4 MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2009
  2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    :eek: Does this still work when bootblock is bricked too? And does it work with desktops (acer)?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought insyde was a tool but it seems it's a bios brand? Ignore my question then cause mine isn't insyde

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. joo nam

joo nam MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2007
    here goes my 2cent on this,
    in the last two weeks i had to recover two HP laptops DV5 and a DV7 they were never flashed or been mod before however the BIOS was messed up on both.
    used the same method on both:
    removed battery and power cable
    formatted my flash drive and ONLY added ONE file ****.BIN to it (try it one file at a time)
    hold down winkey + B
    insert power cable
    press power button and hold for 5 second and let go of it
    let go of the keys and it should beep at you
    wait until is done and it should shut off by itself

the dv7 took it right away but the DV 5 was giving me hard time and it took few tries to make it work. i had to press and release the powr button a couple of times repeatedly until it beeped at me and it worked

hope this helped someone
    good luck

4. proxtu

proxtu MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2010
    MSI Wind U100

hello :)

I have a MSI Wind with American Megatrends BIOS.
    Is there a possibility to recover the BIOS ?
    I have an old version, onboard memory is full of errors
    and I need a newer BIOS because I don't have the option to disable the onboard memory.
    Thank you :)

5. Rowlee

Rowlee MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2010
    hello need your help, my acer extensa 4220 is not working, it is totally blank. i checked the acer website, but there its just a bios update, that requires your computer is still up and running to update. pls help to find the correct file name.. thanks!

6. poppy

poppy MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2010
    Can you help me ? i updated bios false :( Can you search recovery bios for my Toshiba L510 - s4016 ?

-Bios Revision : v 1.30
    -Bios Type : Insyde H20
    -Bios Link : h ttp://fs.pc.toshiba-asia.com/drivers/public/doc/SL500L510B130_WIN_CALPELLA.zip

Thank you very much,

7. benzman81

benzman81 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2010
    Hello everyone,

I got an error during bios upgraded on my aspire 5720g and now have a dead machine, too. I tried to recover using the instructions on first page with current bios firmware 1.45 and the earliest available 1.16. I tried the following filenames: ICL50HW.fd, ICL50.fd, CL50HW.fd, CL50.fd, and BIOD.fd. I tried it with CD, USB Thumb and USB Floppy. None would work as described in the tutorial. It seems, that the laptp tries to read the files, but if for example floppy is connected, I see that it switches reading from CD to floppy and back. So it doesn't seem to find the right file. I never come to the point, that the machine turns off itself and I left it on for several hours.

Do I need another filename? Is there something else I can do? I really need help here and I hope that someone can answer my question as this is a pretty old thread.

Thanks for any help and kind regards,
    Markus

8. shingo105

shingo105 MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Hello everyone,
    I registered to this forum just for say a great thank you to all for solvemy BIOS problem in my ACER 5715z. I made a floppy and used it in a USB floppy drive. I renamed the file CL50145A.fd (bios firmware 1.45) in ICL50HW.fd.
    I hope this will help someone.
    Bye

9. shingo105

shingo105 MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    This happened to me too.....i just changed the name of the file and opened the cd reader......i used the floppy USB

10. diby

diby MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    hey mightyEx, i just registered to the forum just to say THANK YOU!! you put such a massive smile on my face when i saw my laptop load the acer bios screen! thank you this method worked..
    yesterday there was a new bios update for my acer 5741G yet i didnt want to use the windows update so i jused the recovery method and it worked changing the NEW70120.fd file to NEW70X64.fd on a usb flash drive did the trick :)
    thanks again you are a life savior!

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    WoW, this thread is full of results.
    I'm trying to figure the right search parameters for the recovery filenames....
    Goal would be an option for andy's tool.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. gushyan

gushyan MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2009
    Find the recovery filenames of the BIOS, you can use the method with the forum in Russia forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=17:38124
    The recovery filenames is in the section dump bios 3D17205B-4C49-47E2-8157-864CD3D80DBD_1_? offset 001C86

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  14. Apokrif

Apokrif MDL Addicted

Dec 7, 2008
    Wow, can you really read Russian? :swoon:

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No, google translate is my friend. Without it I couldn't figure about the Chinese instructions about biosmodding as well when I've started to mod bioses.
    It is crude, but with a little effort you get it.;)

But basically with my reply:
    Yes, I know... thanks.

I have meant I already know about how to find the string for recovery.:)

16. Apokrif

Apokrif MDL Addicted

Dec 7, 2008
    I tried it few times. I guess, I’m not smart enough to understand Google translated text.
    Yet, it can point me to right direction sometimes. :)

Actually, that’s exactly how I understand your previous response. :)

17. riccardov

riccardov MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2010
    Unable to solve

Hi to all,
    i have tried all the procedure in this thread but i have no luck.
    i have a Acer Aspire 5720 and during the bios update it was crashed.
    i have downloaded all the bios for acer site for my model, from versione 1.16 to version 1.45 and with all of this i have tired to recovery the bios.
    As in this thread u say, i rename the file to ICL50HW.fd and put in on a FDD USB, after that i ress and hold Fn+Esc, i connect the cable, pus the power button and then, when the FDD light start blink, i leave the button.
    I wait at about 1h and the pc would not power off himself.
    Can someone help me please.
    Thank so much to all.

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Either the filename is wrong, or the recovery wasn't started. What about to copy it on a USB pen drive?
    To get your right name, open the bios with andy's mod tool...it can find all possible names for recovery..please note that it probably is case sensitive...try to recover the same version that was installed before, no update, no downgrade of bios.

19. riccardov

riccardov MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2010
    Not yet

Hi Yen an thank for your quick reply, i've used andy's tool and the name that i used is correct ICL50HW.fd
    There is somthing other that i can test or do?
    Tank so much again