[Update] Realtek High Definition Audio

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stasio, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Bushmaster78FS

Bushmaster78FS MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2020
  2. MoKiChU

MoKiChU MDL Senior Member

May 15, 2015
    #1462 MoKiChU, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Hi,

I cannot be more explicit than the official overview that I indicated at the bottom of the post :
    So, if you are not a streamer or youtuber, you have no interest in using it.

3. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    Just wanted to report that the MSI utility @MoKiChU linked to resolved an issue I had with ocasional "skipping" or audio stutter.
    Already had fast startup disabled, but that didn't solve the issue.
    Once I set all supported devices to MSI based interrupt, no stutter/skipping anymore!
    Like another user posted "HELL YEAH" perfect audio, MoKiChU you are a master.

Cheers.

4. Amooshroom

Amooshroom MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2020
    Thanks for replying, I have the Asus rog z370-e, which one should I download?

5. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3) from my latest update post.

6. Amooshroom

Amooshroom MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2020
    Thanks for the help ill download it right away, just curious but when I downloaded the latest driver from the mobo support site I saw some dts files inside, is there anything to it?

7. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    #1468 MoKiChU, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Because the latest drivers package you see on the support page of your motherboard is an old HDA - FF03 drivers.
    For information, all the HDA - FF03 drivers are affected by a vulnerability as I pointed out here (UAD drivers are not affected at all by this vulnerability).

Note : Refer to this post to know the requirements differences & main differences between UAD/DCH drivers and HDA/Legacy drivers.

8. dfaovred

dfaovred MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2017
    So sorry, I missed that bit!

How do I uninstall it now? lol

9. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    Hi,

Just launch your main drivers package like an update : Setup.exe > uninstall > restart request > auto launch of install at start > restart request.

10. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    #1473 MoKiChU, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Hi everyone,

In order to avoid install issue due to the use of a wrong drivers package, here are the changes made :

@ UAD - ASUS ROG SS3, ROG SS3|DTS, PRIME-TUF DTS & ROG-PRIME-TUF RTK users : The 4 different drivers packages have been merged into one.

Post updated.

11. binded

binded MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    i just wanted to say thank you.. i had your drivers before loved them.. but then they was deleted from where they was...

so happy that you are stilling doing these driver mod's repackages what ever you do with them.
    so excited that i can once again use the SSL and allow me to do the EQ settings.

and the sound is just better over all i have a
    ROG STRIX Z370-E

after having done a reinstall of the OS and i didn't have your packages and after finding your page deleted i resorted to trying to recover just that package from the drive and couldn't so i ended up giving up been looking on and off for a while.. came across it yesterday after a few hiccups, wrong driver i got the giga one first then i for some reason tried the rog ss3 with dts first didn't work, then tried the rog ss3 and works great.

now when i stream youtube, movies, any thing its much louder clearer

is there any other difference AUDIO_Realtek_UAD_ASUS_ROG_SS3_v6.0.8918.1 and the update single package that you posted this morning

12. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
  13. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    #1477 MoKiChU, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Hi everyone,

The Third Party SS3 Extension Driver have been updated.

Post updated.

14. MoKiChU

May 15, 2015
    Hi,

If you have install/update problems, to prevent Windows Update from generating a drivers install conflict :

- Disable your Internet connection from the start of the CLEAN INSTALL process until the end of drivers install of the INSTALL process (after the restart).
    - Disable your Internet connection from the start of the UPDATE process until the end of drivers install (after the latest restart).

15. binded

binded MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    #1480 binded, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    just tried this for the second time after install internet is still off i turn it back on then goto the store to reinstall the sonic studio and still nothing

update i finally got it working again did all the step but for part two of clean up as it deletes the download already from the store of the sonic studio

im almost scared to restart the system in fear that i will loose it again