vBulletin™ Version 4.X..news

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yen, Jan 12, 2010.

1. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Nice Yen !

Allready looking much better.
    Now after some getting used to roaming the forum through the new interface, it's gonna be allright.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks......I have to disable the style selection from time to time to complete it.

Btw: New smilies added!!

:clap::wave:

Thanks to crypto!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Statusicon indicator reverted back to vb3 style.....looks better.:rule:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Now this is starting to look way better.

Looks like MDL again :w00t2:

And like the new smileys :woot_jump:

:band:

5. Siliwangi

Siliwangi MDL Member

Aug 11, 2009
    but search function still not precision to the point :(

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's still a bug..waiting for the next update in about 2-3 weeks...

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #67 Daz, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    Could the default untouched theme not be left as an option? This new theme I'm not sure I like so much now with it's jumbo font and stretched graphics.

Setting a default theme can be done via the user profile settings (normally) but since you now only have the one theme theres nothing that can be done.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    If you tell me where exactly the font is too big, I'll adjust it. The font at the posts (here) is only one size bigger than default....and posts are the most read....unfortunately the font adjustment is still not that selective.....ancestor(v) and me have decided to let only one style run to represent MDL.....of course suggestions are welcome....

PS: I have tried smaller fonts, the default fonts are responsible for the bad oversight of the forum, I have tested that a lot... IMHO you find special threads faster by using bigger fonts.....it takes some time to get familiar with the bigger fonts, because the original fonts are very small.

9. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It just seems like most of the font, even what im typing with in the editor seems 1 or 2 sizes too large when compared with the default web standards (google results and links being a fine example). The new bubble images and stretched "MDL" ain't my personal style of choice, I prefer solids or gradients :eek: This is why I asked could the default VB4 theme remain at MDL as an option, even though it would no longer be the default.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Of course, you may select the vbulletin original again.....I'm trying to make everybody happy here :eek: ...a design made great for everybody is not possible.
    Thanks for your opinion. Maybe playing with fonts again later that week........

Edit: I have made some fonts smaller now.

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  12. crypto

crypto MDL Member

Nov 3, 2008
  13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Looking very good.
    Only the green buttons don't seem to match that well with the current MDL-style.

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The green reply button combined with the pagination icon colour and the border of the thread pop down menus (search) has been designed as a homage to the good old win xp start button.. :p

@crypto
    That underlining was a very good idea.....now everything looks much better..thanks for this great idea!

16. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Yen, great job in trying to please everyone. The forums look really good. And a big thanks to all those individuals who have supported Yen in improving this already exceptional site.

17. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009

18. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Looking good guys. Keep it up.

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks to all who like the new design..it's not easy to make it nice for everybody..I have my personal taste (green reply button :D)......

I'll stop to redesign the skins for now...I have read a lot at vbulletin forums and the professionals suggest not to change the templates and css for now, because at coming updates they could revert the changes (hardcoded). That's the reason why there are no professional skins available. All have to wait to avoid double work...the vbulletin developers have released the gold version too early.....bad work.....

It was a lot of fun anyway I have learned a lot regarding skinning...will continue my work later on....

Enjoy....basically I'm familiar with biosmodding....to skin the forum was a nice alternative...:cool: