Vista loses activation after s3 sleep on GA-P35-DS4 (1.1)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nasa, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Some things need to be clarified:

@ tommiy: I've made p35-ds4 mods. Crossflashing on a ds3 board, typo?

Fzeven told me that Gigabyte has got their own SLIC now! So they ARE programing official SLIC bioses.

In the past they didn't! So they must resolve that issue! Unfortunately there is still no cert. available.

Later I try to do some new researches before I'll be away!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Yen didn't mean cross flashing...meant that I had tried the 3 options that you put forward on a DS3 board and none of them changed the issue. I was interested if the behavior was different with the other Mobo. Sorry to confuse you.

3. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    geez seems I shouln't write here at 4am in the morning...my cryptic message confused everyone.

Would be interesting if GA has a SLIC but not much use without a cert though ...just to prove where the issue lies.....

Had a poke around on the latest GA boards and can't see a SLIC in them.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    So my mods I've posted are untested?
    Somebody should try them to make it sure......the mods consumed a lot of time to make them, especially the dynamic one!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. techtype

techtype MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2007
  6. jroc

jroc MDL Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Yen works very hard and is very helpful to alot of people, even works on a Bio's that is actually a 'Motherboard Manufacturing' problem and those owners should really be taking that issue up with their support. I don't find it Yens responsibility to fix the inner workings of a 'cheaply designed Bios' but his time and work reflect his concern and generosity to members and is greatly respected.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No problem!:)

I did it for fun and to help others. I wanted to see if I'm still with the methods I've studied for over a year now!

No reason to get a red face:) or even a bad conscience!

Once I've tackled a issue I try to resolve it.:)

I've contacted Fzeven about a Gigabyte SLICed bios.

8. Muntz

Muntz MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2007
    Yen, I really appreciate all the time you've spent on the issue us Gigabyte owners have been having. I will try out your mods tonight. I didn't try them yesterday because it was under the impression that tommiy had tried them and they didn't work.

If one of these mods do not work, I'll try back flashing to F8 as techtype has suggested.

Thanks again for all the help!

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    O.K.

But keep in mind: Especially the dynamic one could lead to a no-boot!

Be sure you are familiar with the Gigabyte recovery feature DualBios

It's not worth to get a totally bricked board therefore.
    THX.

10. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    You can;t really take anything up with gigabyte...seriously their support is pitiful. It takes at least 2 weeks to get a emil response from them...and every returned message takes a further 2 weeks to get a response. So you send them a problem, it takes 2 weeks to get a response, when you get a response its lame. So you return email...response takes another 2 weeks...and on it goes....for many many months until the board is out of warranty and probably obsolete.

Just to prove a point I just tried to raise a question...even starting that process you are warned that you will not get a reply until after 20 Feb. I used to always buy ASUS boards...bought a DS3 because it had good reviews...had many many issues with 6420 in it and vista x64...after spending 3 months trying to get anything out of gigabyte I went and board a asus board and threw the GA board into my kids machine instead. It just not worth the issues with buying a GA board....its like the low end of the market as far as I am concerned....customer service is pathetic. Enough of the ranting now.

11. techtype

techtype MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2007
    Well, first of all, the problem occurred without SP1 for me. I'm not running any version of SP1. Second, I did nothing special except load optimized defaults and then redo all the overclocking settings. Since the flash, I have suspended and resumed (S3) many times without losing activation. I do think that memory overclock and voltage settings for the memory have to be solid and well tested in order to emerge from suspend without corrupting the slic. I hope you get yours working!!

12. Muntz

Muntz MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2007
    Ah. We have slightly different problems then. If I remove SP1 even the F11 bios stays activated after resuming from sleep. I'm running Vista Ultimate X64. You?

As for overclocking, I'm just trying to get it to work with stock settings (other than boosting the DDR voltage to 2.2v which my RAM requires)

I'll continue to try to figure out a solution..

13. Syber

Syber MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2008
    I have a GA-965P-S3 rev3.3 mobo and have the same problem with activation of SP1. After resume from S3 mode vista loses activation. Before i install SP1 all worked fine. For activation i use a softmod VistaLoader and also tryed Vista Bootmgr but it gives same result.

PS: sorry for my bad english;)

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for trying!
    Fzeven has got a Gigabyte bios with Gigabyte SLIC!:)
    He will send it to me...
    I hope that they will fix the issue at all bioses.

For me it's time now to have a big break, check my sig.

CU all again at April!

15. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    well still need a GA cert I would assume.

Have a good break yen

16. Donald24

Donald24 MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2007
    I don't have a clue, why GA should include a SLIC in a mobo, they don't build pre-installed PCs, or sell bundled mobos with OS?

I doubt, that there will be a certificate for Vista, but..

If we have a working SLIC in place, that stays in place after S3-resume, we could easily swap that, I believe ;)

Cheers,

Don

17. ZoZo

ZoZo MDL Novice

May 16, 2007
    They build notebooks.

18. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    No SLICs in those bios's however